Christophe Beck's ANT-MAN scores

Jay

Everything is consolidated into a "What are you listening to" thread!  Break em up!

These are both really good scores.  The vinyl art's pretty neat.  Still don't care for records, but I'm glad for people that like them.  And while in this particular case I was satisfied with the OST, I wish that all music would be available on some sort of digital format.

On 6/25/2017 at 9:46 PM, mstrox said:

I can't hear Beck's theme without hearing Frank Zappa's "Uncle Remus." It works ok otherwise.

These are both fine scores. But other than some cues here and there, they are best experienced in their respective films. I feel the same way about Silvestri's Infinity War. It is actually a terrific score...in context.

Karol

10 hours ago, Arpy said:

Was Ant Man and the Wasp even released on CD? FUCK YOU, VINYL!

Nope. None of the recent Marvel scores were (except for Infinity War).

Karol

Man, that artwork looks great! Vinyl artwork seems to keep getting better and better. Of course, I don't collect vinyl, but I like both of these scores quite a bit. A very fun theme and lots of cool material!

Here's a new article with news that all MCU movies will be released on vinyl but they also reveal the track list for Ant-Man and the Wasp.  LP1 & LP2, Side 1 mirror the digital release, while LP2, Side 2 has the previously-mentioned 14 new tracks.  Big fan of both the movies and the scores, can't wait to listen!

https://theseconddisc.com/2019/04/avengers-assemble-mondo-to-release-limited-edition-vinyl-lps-of-all-22-marvel-cinematic-universe-scores-starting-with-ant-man-and-the-wasp/

LP 1

Side 1

1. It Ain’t Over till the Wasp Lady Stings
  2. Prologue
  3. Ghost in the Machine
  4. World’s Greatest Grandma
  5. A Little Nudge
  6. Feds
  7. Ava’s Story

Side 2

1. Wings & Blasters
  2. Utmost Ghost
  3. Tracker Swarm
  4. Cautious as a Hurricane
  5. Misdirection
  6. Quantum Leap
  7. I Shrink, Therefore I Am
  8. Partners
  9. Windshield Wipeout

LP 2

Side 1

1. Hot Wheels
  2. Revivification
  3. A Flock of Seagulls
  4. San Francisco Giant
  5. Ghost = Toast
  6. Reduce Yourself
  7. Quit Screwing Around
  8. Arthropodie
  9. Baba Yaga Lullaby – Performed by David Dastmalchian

Side 2

1. Anthill
  2. Let’s Fly, Antoinette!
  3. The Lab
  4. Mission Pympossible
  5. Anterrogation
  6. Shrinking and Phasing
  7. This Old House
  8. Let’s Blow This Pez Stand
  9. Quantum Dash
  10. Pigeons! Ahhh (Demo)
  11. Origins (Demo)
  12. Buenos Aires, 1987 (Demo)
  13. Tunnel Go Boom! (Demo)
  14. Elemantary [sic] School

Yeah not a big fan of demos either (looking at you, LOTR Rarities disc), thankfully there's only three of them.  Hope for both of these scores to get a proper multi-disc release someday!

Just gonna point out that alot alternates in recent scores don't make it to recording and only exist in demo form

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Listened to this OST this morning for the first time in a couple years.  There are some real nice highlights for sure, I need to pare it down to a great listening experience.

I like the woodwind writing in "A Little Nudge."  It's just nice to hear featured woodwind in a modern blockbuster score at all.

Is Ant-Man and the Wasp's score generally considered to be better than the first Ant-man's score by most fans?

I also enjoy these scores quite a bit! I often take a spin through some half-hour 'LP' style playlists I put together:

image.pngimage.png

For the first one, I made a personal edit of some of the climactic cues (the backslashed tracks in slots 9 to 11 ) and played around with the order. I think Scott Surfs On Ants segues nicely into the Theme, and it's chronological place makes the middle a little too action-heavy. I also prefer Pym's Lab as a low-key opener.

For the second score (which yes, @Jay, I definitely prefer to the first- I think it's a little more varied and I really enjoy the new Wasp theme :)), I just picked my favourites and kept them in order.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Is Ant-Man and the Wasp's score generally considered to be better than the first Ant-man's score by most fans?

Although I account for one fan - not most - no. I consider the first score better than the second.

I think they are both fantastic, each feature a solid and fun theme for their respective characters.

I'm bummed the LP for the second film has additional tracks not included in the original release.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
10 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Not happy to see Bates replaced by Murphy on Guardians 3. It also could've been great to have Bates do 3 films.

Bates' score for GOTG Vol 2 is in the top ten of the MCU, in my opinion. It's probably the best thing he wrote on his career.

Christophe Beck is the best composer of the MCU with Silvestri, every single one of his entry was perfect so I'm glad to see him back on it.

As for Bates, his GOTG vol.2 was certainly pretty good but the first one not so much so I'm not too sad to see him be replaced by Murphy who has prove himself to be better than Bates in the past (at least IMO)

• 6 months later...

Don’t really know what to think of it… but I’m sure Beck cab write something great. Anyway, can’t wait to heat it.

PS : do anyone kniw if there will be singles released before the score ?

He's is the one exception with the suite from Homecoming and Love & Thunder. But other than that, it never happened. But who knows, maybe this Friday. Otherwise it'll be next Friday. So not that long a wait

On 07/02/2023 at 7:07 PM, JNHFan2000 said:

He's is the one exception with the suite from Homecoming and Love & Thunder. But other than that, it never happened. But who knows, maybe this Friday. Otherwise it'll be next Friday. So not that long a wait

Wasn't Ant-Man Theme released 4 days early back in 2015?

Karol

Well, well. What have we here.

This is from the New-Zealand itunes, so it's released 2 days before the full album.

But cool to have

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/theme-from-quantumania-from-ant-man-and-the/1671259400

By the title, I hoped it was a new theme (Kang maybe…) but it’s just a (rather awful) disco version of the Ant-Man main theme. I think I’ll have to wait until wednesday for new good music…

5 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I wonder if whatever theme Beck has for Kang will appear in the upcoming Avengers movies (or maybe even in Loki S2), or if it'll just be discarded by whoever score those projects.

That probably depends mostly on who composes Avengers 5/6. If they get Silvestri back then I’m sure it’ll be tossed!

21 minutes ago, Stark said:

That probably depends mostly on who composes Avengers 5/6. If they get Silvestri back then I’m sure it’ll be tossed!

Maybe beck scores them as he seems to be the new go-to guy for marvel, alongside giacchino.