SPOILER TALK: Avengers: Endgame

John

5 minutes ago, xWxzek said:

The theory that I've seen, and I wish I had thought of it during the film, is that a certain gamma-radiated snap induced a mutation in people who returned to the world of the living. 

The problem with that idea is that it loses the decades of back story with Magneto in a concentration camp and other mutants hiding from the public eye. 

Of course, they could have just done a very good job of hiding. But this snap is a good clean start. 

On that line of thinking it should be pointed out the Scarlet witch is Magneto's daughter. 

11 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Spider-Man's Sony contact that allows him to exist in the MCU expires with Far From Home so not sure what his future with the MCU will be. 

Well that film is the end of this phase.

Please No he was ....tobeyish 

On or around the middle of June the film will pass 1 billion dollars in domestic gross. It will pass TFA a week or two before.

40 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

On that line of thinking it should be pointed out the Scarlet witch is Magneto's daughter. 

Not initially. She and Quicksilver are members of his Brotherhood and given a different parentage in the 70s. In the 1980s, it is retconned that they are the unknown children of Magneto. But then they become Avengers. 

Fox and Marvel disputed over both characters because they are both mutants and children of Magneto (Fox) but they were more associated with the Avengers throughout their history (Marvel). 

The result of their compromise is that Fox never used Scarlet Witch in any of the films, and Marvel tied the siblings' powers to the Mind Stone years prior to the Fox-Disney merger. Marvel killed Quicksilver early, and he never had a sister in the Fox movies. 

Retconning Magneto as her father now is a little silly at this point and pointless because she already has her powers... Unless returning the Mind Stone to wherever broke her link.

Remember, Juggernaut was Xavier's half-brother in the comics, but the films elected to ignore that. 

3 minutes ago, Arpy said:

If future Thor stole past Thor's Hammer, what does past Thor have to loose in Ragnarok? 

It essentially creates a new timeline.  That’s a different Thor from “our” Thor now if you wanna think of it like that.  Poor bloke lost his hammer!

11 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

I hope that this means Thor is now going to be in GOTG3!  

I think they were pretty explicit about that.  “Asgardians of the Galaxy”

The Mobius strip in Tony Stark's cabin lab shows that as long as our heroes close the time loops, they prevent any paradoxes from undoing their corrections. 

Future Thor steals his hammer from his past, creating an alternate timeline that disappears when Captain America returns it after the battle, correcting the incursion. 

I don't think that Steve took a small spaceship with him into the past, so I don't know how he returned stones to Morag and Vormir, or how he got to Asgard in the first place. He probably just traveled to each place using the quantum realm directly, but that doesn't explain why Nat and Barton needed the spaceship to get from Morag to Vormir. I probably need to see this again. 

Additionally, Captain America lived with Peggy in an alternate timeline until he got old. He should have returned to the prime timeline on the platform. Instead, he shows up already an old man on a park bench. Somehow Bucky knew all this when they said goodbye and when he told Sam to go to him. What's unresolved is how he got back into the prime timeline. I bet there will be comics or a sequel where he finds another platform to return, so he can live his life as Peggy's unnamed husband in the prime timeline. The Russos even admit they're being vague to allow future stories. 

4 hours ago, Arpy said:

If future Thor stole past Thor's Hammer, what does past Thor have to loose in Ragnarok? 

Did you SEE the movie?

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The film states several times that events of the past cannot be undone. So all the previous movies happened.

Much of that exposition went over my head so I was still expecting BTTF style time travel rules while it was happening.

18 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Did you SEE the movie?

Yeah, I did Joe, but don't be so arrogant in assuming that you think you've got the time travel shenanigans sorted out, when in fact there are many things left unexplained. For all we know Rodgers kept the hammer and passed it onto whoever was deemed worthy...

Shit, I thought this was the spoiler thread. Gotta cover this up:

Spoiler

Although Stark was the figurehead of the franchise, it's really telling that they chose to devote the final five minutes and final shot to Rogers and his immediate team from the CA movies. As if his arc was the strongest driving force behind the story of the protagonists of the MCU.

7 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

They couldn't devote the final five minutes and a final shot to Stark, because he was dead.

Spoiler

Sure, but Banner is a bit sidelined, and Thor nicks off a few minutes earlier. It seems to me Rogers is the main story thread.

With a final shot resembling the last shot in Spider-Man 3!

1 hour ago, The Original said:
Spoiler

Although Stark was the figurehead of the franchise, it's really telling that they chose to devote the final five minutes and final shot to Rogers and his immediate team from the CA movies. As if his arc was the strongest driving force behind the story of the protagonists of the MCU.

I think it was a fidelity to source material thing. Captain America being obviously the spearhead of the Marvel comics, they wanted to give the last piece of denoument to him. Its like how they made him in charge of The Avengers in the previous films, despite Tony being much more dominant.

9 hours ago, Arpy said:

Yeah, I did Joe, but don't be so arrogant in assuming that you think you've got the time travel shenanigans sorted out, when in fact there are many things left unexplained. For all we know Rodgers kept the hammer and passed it onto whoever was deemed worthy...

Steve Rogers would never do that. The hammer decides who is worthy. Not Steve Rogers, not Thor.. 

That is not being arrogant that is as simple as paying attention. (Really I just went back and had a movie marothon before seeing Endgame so the details are all fresh)

Joe, you know what? I think I figured out where Captain America put the hammer. I think he shoved it right up your ass, because every thread I find you in is filled with arguments fuelled by your childish statements of opinion as fact.

7 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Events that happened in the past cannot be undone, Endgame implicitly states this.

Whatever. Time Travel makes no sense anyway. The better to just be along for the ride.

1 minute ago, Chen G. said:

Whatever. Time Travel makes no sense anyway. The better to just be along for the ride.

Maybe not to you.

As I said early those bitching about time travel in a movie about magical infinity stones, one called the time stone and one called the reality stones bothcapable of time change, why are you watching.

3 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Joe, you know what? I think I figured out where Captain America put the hammer. I think he shoved it right up your ass, because every thread I find you in is filled with arguments fuelled by your childish statements of opinion as fact.

Sounds like Joe is worthy of carrying Mjolnir! Congratulations, Joe!

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

Your tolerance for me is more than my tolerance for stupid people. Quit wearing your feelings on your sleave. 

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Sounds like Joe is worthy of carrying Mjolnir! Congratulations, Joe!

No i am unworthy. I am more likely to cause pain and harm and enjoy it.

Seriously everyone, just discuss the movie and stop insulting each other.  Everyone's opinions on JWFan is valid, you are welcome to disagree and discuss why but you are not welcome to attack each other.  Be polite!

At the point where Rogers goes back in time at the end, he's technically the most powerful being in the multiverse (assuming he could wield the stones without killing himself).  Maybe he went and ruled some alternate universe for a while.  When the stones and time travel are involved, the time between him vanishing and appearing on the bench could be infinity!

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yeah, it's probably painful to shov it repeatedly.

Reminds me of Eurythmics,  "some of them want to be abused".

1 hour ago, Chen G. said:

That's kinda my point. Time travel in almost all fiction doesnt comply to what little scientists know about the mechanics of it, which is mostly theoretical anyway.

Endgame gave us the rules of it's time travel story, and stuck with it.

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

Your tolerance for me is more than my tolerance for stupid people. Quit wearing your feelings on your sleave. 

Lol you edited your post!! 

14 minutes ago, John said:

Lol you edited your post!! 

I did. I often do. I was an asshole  apparently. Or I have a big one?

58543164_10156643648389232_7157791950605647872_n.jpg