Revell (or Simonec's) Call of Duty

thestat

I was mystified by the presence of a Graeme Revell 'Duty' score I heard back in the early 2000s that was fantastic and massively orchestral (hence done by Tim Simonec). Then I got his Big Red One (the score, not anything else you might think of).

Call of Duty 2 (don't play videogames) is out on youtube!. I mean, if you like Giacchino's work in the series, this is quite close to that awesomeness, probably not as dynamic as Giacchino, but close and so similar in orchestration.....wtf. 

Is there for any of you can identify a version of Revell's scores that uses massive chorus and Goldsmithian orchestrations or was i too stoned in the early 2000s? No, it wasn't Joel's piece or 13th Warrior. 

Sorry guys; it was probably this. Back in the early 2000s, ostinatos were creative. No chorus, I'm afraid:

Sorry guys, it was probably this:

Back then ostinatos were creative orchestral devices and I simply remembered wrong as now they are the A to B of anything. Still a solid piece of music, some solid orchesration and JNH style action. The horn and flute action in all these pieces is fantastic. Have a gander at all of the tracks, seriously. You won't regret it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy all the COD scores. It’s a shame every thing pre-Modern Warfare 2 is largely unavailable or hard-to-find.

Would have been great if La-La Land was able to do a similar set like they did for MOH. 

I had read rumours about Simonec ghostwriting call of duty 2,  but never heard the full story, anyone knows it? I really like this score and is very similar to giacchinos style.