Best cover designs for classical music albums

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, I can't post a cover of a couple of innocent nipples, but JS can post a fullblown nude?! The humanity, the HUMANITY!

(oh, I forgot, it's art......).

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Hey, I can't post a cover of a couple of innocent nipples, but JS can post a fullblown nude?! The humanity, the HUMANITY!

(oh, I forgot, it's art......).

GIF by Broad City

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting, as classical albums with the covers being photographs of the people involved are probably my least favourite thing. I belong firmly in the fine art camp.

Now THAT'S more like it. Speaking of Strauss, I believe we talked earlier in the thread about the ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA/TILL EUGENSPIEGEL/SALOME'S TANZ disc with Solti/Berliner Phil, right? While the letter-only cover isn't that interesting in itself -- even though they are embossed in gold letters on the plastic itself, in front of a starry sky (obviously a 2001 reference) -- when you open the CD and see that letter-free pic of a sunset behind the CD, it's a pretty amazing sight. So great idea.

Apparently, we did talk about it on page 1, I see now.

By the way, Max Richter has some really nice covers in that 'mysterious monochrome' style I like.

600x600bf-60.jpg

ab67616d0000b273d6eb4a5a5df8713dca89479c

ODgtOTU0Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

Etc. etc. Of course, there are several different versions of covers for these albums. I think DG revamped them when they reissued them?

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

With Richter, the cover is usually more interesting than the music.

Funny I was thinking that... for some similar type covers that accompany far more interesting music, may I suggest…

image.jpeg

image.png

11 hours ago, Thor said:

Now THAT'S more like it. Speaking of Strauss, I believe we talked earlier in the thread about the ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA/TILL EUGENSPIEGEL/SALOME'S TANZ disc with Solti/Berliner Phil, right? While the letter-only cover isn't that interesting in itself -- even though they are embossed in gold letters on the plastic itself, in front of a starry sky (obviously a 2001 reference) -- when you open the CD and see that letter-free pic of a sunset behind the CD, it's a pretty amazing sight. So great idea.

This one?

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...