Quintus

RIP iTunes

6 hours ago, Quintus said:

But for a while there, it felt like handheld devices from the future had suddenly arrived.

Weird how commonplace and ordinary once "sci-fi" tech has suddenly become, right?

And boring too.

Looking at new handheld devices to replace what you have now is only slightly less interesting as looking at new washing machines.

15 hours ago, King Mark said:

I've been using the same software for 10- 15 years on computers:

-itunes

-VLC

-Lamedrop

-Format Factory

-Firefox

-Magix Audio Lab

-Picasa 3

-Tera Copy

-7Zip

-Avast/AVG free

-Ccleaner

-Malwarebytes

-Open Office

-Image Resizer

it all works perfectly fine stop bugging me trying to change things

You’re on a PC right? 

Well good oof news for you: 

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.macrumors.com/2019/06/04/itunes-for-windows-is-sticking-around/amp/

I liked iTunes cause it was simple and easy to use. 

I’m more disappointed we never got an iPod that was 256GB or higher. My 160GB is going strong but it’s almost full.

Costco was liquidating the ipod Touch 6th Gen 128GB for about 199$cdn down from 350$ cdn(almost half price) . I just got 2 of them instead of paying 500$cdn for 7th gen 250GB. The new 7th Gen has a bit faster processor to play games but apart from that they're identical. I'd rather have 2 working devices instead of just one. 

I'm new to the ipod Touch since I was using a Nano but it died recently

Great that itunes is staying on PC's

The recent iPod touch update was solely so it could support iOS 13. If you’re only using it for music playing then the sixth generation will be absolutely fine. I have one. I tend to use my iPhone for anything that’s already on Apple Music but the iPod touch is for ripped LaLaLand releases etc.

And no cell antennae, requiring a wifi connection or someone running a mobile hotspot to do any streaming or other internet things

7 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

And iPod is not an iPhone but an iPhone is an iPod + more.

There’s literally no reason to own an iPod anymore unless you want a separate music player for some reason. 

I want a separate music player. 

Hey would you want a separate music player? Just one more thing to have in your pocket right?

My iPhone has a lot of memory and I have all the music I want to listen to on it.

9 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Apple is one of the most successful companies in the history of commerce. Shit they are not. 

The monitor stand (which is for an extremely niche product and can be replaced with standard 3rd party ones for a fraction of the cost) is simply a publicity stunt. 

The whole world knows Apple had a presentation at WWDC now and the whole world is talking about Apple. 

Apple’s stock is up massively since WWDC. 

iOS 13 looks great and so does MacOS Catalina. iPadOS and it’s improvements and being able to use your iPad as a second Mac screen and the fact you will be able to use the full desktop version of Lightroom ok am iPad are making me seriously consider an iPad Pro. 

7 hours ago, The Original said:

What's wrong with just listening through a hi-fi stereo system?

When I’m at home yes.

1 hour ago, The Original said:

I've never had the desire to listen to music while commuting.

I have a roughly 90 minute drive in the morning and afternoon, so that’s 3 hours I spend in traffic Monday thru Friday. I have quiet time to myself to enjoy music. 

3 hours ago, Bilbo said:

iOS 13 looks great and so does MacOS Catalina. iPadOS and it’s improvements and being able to use your iPad as a second Mac screen and the fact you will be able to use the full desktop version of Lightroom ok am iPad are making me seriously consider an iPad Pro. 

I’ve got one and I love it. The only drawback is my battery is not holding a charge for very long after 4 years.