Need help identifying some possible classical and film cues...

lordskylark

I am having difficulty identifying the sources of several jingles from three computer games by New World Computing (Macintosh versions only). I uploaded them all here:

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/profile/xeenmusic

I normally would not post a video game request here, but most (if not all) of the music was NOT composed for this game but tracked from official albums, usually classical but also soundtrack (such as from Willow). Though it is possible that some were composed directly for it (as is the case with the Introduction Theme for MM1 and MM2 (not included here).

These games pre-date CD-Roms releases at least and it sounds as if some of them were recorded straight from LP Vinyl. Dates of releases:

Might and Magic I (1987)
Might and Magic II (1990)
King's Bounty (1991)

I would like to not only identify the song, but also the specific performance/recording of that particular song.

UNIDENTIFIED:

Death         (KB)        ?
Encounter     (KB)        ?
Encounter     (MM2)        ?
King         (KB)        ?
King         (MM2)        ? seems to be popular, also used in Herbert the Timid Dragon, 1985 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E3jkN2mAJw) at 1:34; longer version used in 1993 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sJ5Z0yxjIo), but it shows that it was clearly from another source. Might be stock music. No other leads...
Treasure     (KB)        ?
Treasure        (MM1,MM2)    ?
Victory         (KB)        ?
Victory         (MM2)        ?

Most of the SFX from Might and Magic 4(1992) were taken from stock music CDs and then altered. I have all of the source data directly from the original music/sound designer, and this track is not part of his material. This makes me think that final game programmers took it from another source -- probably some stock music cd as midi is the format for all of the unique compositions.

AhhAhh        (MM4)        ?

At some point, a group of fans hacked one of the Might and Magic games and edited it in 1995. In the process, they added one unique composition to the game. I am not certain if they composed it themselves or tracked it from elsewhere as they were only hacking the game, and I have not been able to find any way to contact anyone from that project so far.

Ending        (SoX)        ?

ALREADY IDENTIFIED (mostly with help). (This gives a good sample of what years and which albums the programmers had on hand.):

Blacksmith    (MM1)        Falla Con Misuras (Pleasures of the Royal Court, David Monrow, 1976)
Combat (MM1)               Candide Overture (Leonard Bernstine, 1964)
Death (MM1)                  Ma tredol rosignol (In a Medieval Garden, Stanley Buetens, 1966)
Encounter    (MM1)        Symphony No. 5 (Beethoven, Szell recording, 1966)
Food        (MM1)            Tua Volsi Esser Sempre Mai (Pleasures of the Royal Court, David Monrow, 1976)
Guild (MM2)                   Follow Me and Children's Chorus (Camelot Soundtrack, Frederick Lowe 1967)
Inn  (MM1,MM2)              Ic draghe de mutse clutse (In a Medieval Garden, Stanley Buetens, 1966)
King        (MM1)              Trumpet Concerto in D Major III Allegro Moderato (Fasch, Maurice Andre ver, 1968)
Party        (MM2)            Toccato and Fugue in D Minor MWV 565 (Bach, Karl Richter version, 1965)
Tavern (MM1)                 Trotto (In a Medieval Garden, Stanley Buetens, 1966)
Training        (MM1)        Danse Bacchanale (Camille Saint-Saens, Ormandy recording, 1972)
Temple        (MM1)          Pavana In Passe E Mezza (Pleasures of the Royal Court, David Monrow, 1976)
Temple        (MM2)          Elora Danan (Willow Soundtrack, James Horner, 1988)
Victory        (MM1)          Fanfare for the Common Man (Aaron Copland, Ormandy recording, 1965)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days