So Steven Spielberg is writing a new TV show

Jay

4 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Which ones?

THE PACIFIC is great, obviously. FALLING SKIES is gripping, muddy alien invasion action. TERRA NOVA is silly, but loads of fun. THE RIVER was surprisingly creepy. UNDER THE DOME went on for too long, but was a great Stephen King-ian mindfuck at its best. EXTANT was a neat sleeper hit. MINORITY REPORT showed lots of promise, but eventually became rather dull and procedural compared to brilliant film. FIVE CAME BACK is a fascinating documentary about legendary Hollywoood directors covering WW2 in documentaries; well worth a watch.

Never seen the US remake of RED BAND SOCIETY, but the French version has a spectacular score by HiTnRuN.

I watched just 2 or 3 episodes of The Pacific, but I love Zimmer's theme, specially on its variation for oboe. It's a great callback to his glory days of The Thin Red Line, Pearl Harbor and The Last Samurai. 

Blake Neely's and Geoff Zanelli's score is pretty good too.

• 8 months later...

And Quibi is dead before Spielberg's show even launched

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/21/21527197/quibi-streaming-service-mobile-shutting-down-end-katzenberg

No word on if it ever got filmed or not...

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Isn't Quibi dead? I doubt this project ever went beyond a pitch meeting.

On 10/22/2020 at 8:34 AM, Jay said:

And Quibi is dead before Spielberg's show even launched

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/21/21527197/quibi-streaming-service-mobile-shutting-down-end-katzenberg

No word on if it ever got filmed or not...

15 hours ago, Jay said:

• 3 months later...

The first batch of Quibi content has arrived on The Roku Channel!  I can watch Dummy and the new season of Reno 911 now!  We also checked out a show about a LA restaurant owner traveling through Italy to learn how to make pasta better from locals there and it's a pretty enjoyable 8-9 minute little thing to end with with before flicking off the TV for the night.

No sign of "After Dark" yet, though.

One thing I was impressed by is the picture quality, even though Quibi was only viewable on smartphones, they clearly shot everything with normal cameras they shoot every other show with these days.  The Italy show looks great!

On 2/3/2020 at 3:31 PM, Thor said:

THE PACIFIC is great, obviously. FALLING SKIES is gripping, muddy alien invasion action. TERRA NOVA is silly, but loads of fun. THE RIVER was surprisingly creepy. UNDER THE DOME went on for too long, but was a great Stephen King-ian mindfuck at its best. EXTANT was a neat sleeper hit. MINORITY REPORT showed lots of promise, but eventually became rather dull and procedural compared to brilliant film. FIVE CAME BACK is a fascinating documentary about legendary Hollywoood directors covering WW2 in documentaries; well worth a watch.

Never seen the US remake of RED BAND SOCIETY, but the French version has a spectacular score by HiTnRuN.

Season one of DOME was lotsa fun.

Stop there.

FIVE is brilliant. Great book also