Gordy Haab & Stephen Barton's STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER (2019)

crumbs

I've been playing through the game and the music is really great! Gordy and Barton did a great job with that. It's mostly new material, but it feels Williams-y enough to be a Star Wars score.

The morons at EA should really release the album with the score, preferably in a 2 CD format. 

Also, the cameos of Anakin's Dark Deeds and Anakin's Betrayal were an unexpected surprise. I liked it. Is it a newly recorded version or did they use the ROTS recordings?

On 4/7/2020 at 7:51 PM, Edmilson said:

Also, the cameos of Anakin's Dark Deeds and Anakin's Betrayal were an unexpected surprise. I liked it. Is it a newly recorded version or did they use the ROTS recordings?

On 4/8/2020 at 1:38 AM, Arpy said:

I believe they're rerecordings.

They are NOT re-recordings, they are the album edits from the ROTS soundtrack. There are a few other cues from the films as well.

I have advanced through the game and I'm pretty sure I've heard Yoda and the Younglings from AOTC on the scene which

Spoiler

Cal sees himself training a bunch of Force sensitive kids.

But it sounded like it was coming from a distant radio, so it's kinda hard to distinguish it.

It's great to hear parts of the ROTS OST in 7.1. Such a vibrant recording and energetic performance by the LSO.

How annoying that we'll never hear the entire score that way :angryfire:

Anakin's Dark Deeds plays again on the ending of the game as 

Spoiler

Cal, Cere and Trilla meet Darth Vader.

And it's the OST version, since it plays 5M7 Anakin's Dark Deeds and then 6M1 It Can't Be, just like on the album.

It's a pretty weird choice for that scene, maybe something like 

Spoiler

The Clash of Lightsabers from ESB

would've been more appropriate. 

I guess the team involved with the game only had access to these specific tracks from ROTS, and maybe Yoda and the Younglings for an extremely brief scene.

The

Spoiler

Imperial March

plays again on the ending, but it's an original composition by Gordy and Barton.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've managed to nab a FLAC rip of the music for this game, but I feel like I'm missing a good chunk of music. I have about 200 or so files. Some of them are various cues put together on one file, I guess that's how they are processed within the coding or that's how the asset compiler spits them out. But I've combed through all 200 or so files and I haven't been able to find music for the menu theme as well as a select few other tracks. The total length of the music together is about 5 and a quarter hours. Normally I'd listen to them off of Youtube but hot damn, the sound quality of these FLACs is incredible. Can anyone in the know give a word to confirm I may be missing something?

13 hours ago, TheAvengerButton said:

Well, I've managed to nab a FLAC rip of the music for this game, but I feel like I'm missing a good chunk of music. I have about 200 or so files. Some of them are various cues put together on one file, I guess that's how they are processed within the coding or that's how the asset compiler spits them out. But I've combed through all 200 or so files and I haven't been able to find music for the menu theme as well as a select few other tracks. The total length of the music together is about 5 and a quarter hours. Normally I'd listen to them off of Youtube but hot damn, the sound quality of these FLACs is incredible. Can anyone in the know give a word to confirm I may be missing something?

The files can't be extracted in lossless FLAC by default, so the files you're listening to are likely OGG's converted to FLAC. Also there are two directories for music in the game files: the first has about 200 files, while the other has an addition ~120 files. So there should be approximately 320 files altogether. It sounds like you just got a rip of the first directory.

• 3 months later...

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

ALSO: it doesn't say in the post itself, but Gordy said in the comments that it contains 3 1/2 hours of music!

Wow! Amazing news! 

2 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

I wonder if this opens the doors for his (already assembled) Battlefront soundtracks as well.

Hopefully. I'd kill for the Battlefront music.

And maaaybe something else in the franchise too?

Considering Gordy already provided the Battlefront 1 & 2 OST compilations in 48khz/24-bit (for free!) I suppose it isn't really that necessarily... HOWEVER, if they were to give it the JFO treatment and have at least 2 hours from each game, that would be incredible.

I also want to point out really quick that this is technically the first Star Wars video game score ever released commercially! Shadows of the Empire doesn't really count, considering it was composed to accompany the book (a couple years before the game was released), and the SWTOR album was only released as part of the limited collector's edition boxset of the game, so not many people have it.

That's good news - I'll buy and listen!

Are there any other Star Wars video game soundtracks that are available for purchase?  I would always buy new Star Wars music, pastiche or no, but I've never seen any.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Are there any other Star Wars video game soundtracks that are available for purchase?  I would always buy new Star Wars music, pastiche or no, but I've never seen any.

I literally just discussed that in my post right above yours. :lol:

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Like Manakin just pointed out, no.

Sure, I got the lossless BF albums from his Soundcloud, but I'd happily pay for official releases of them, to show Disney/EA that there IS interest in such releases. I can't imagine though that these would be longer than what was already available, since these soundtracks are riddled with Williams material, and cleaning those up must have been quite a lot of work already.

JFO is mostly original music, so that didn't require so much re-arranging.

Disney needs to squeeze every penny out of Star Wars, which they had at best lukewarm success with so far. 

Rise Of Skywalker with an alleged 600+ million production cost. I mean.... that's a lot for a pile of shit that made barely 1 billion. 

They weren't planning on releasing this album at all. It's primarily the fan petition that got them to realize this could be a worthwhile investment. If they really wanted to squeeze every last penny out of Star Wars, they'd have released those prequel expanded remasters by now!

4 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

Like Manakin just pointed out, no.

Sure, I got the lossless BF albums from his Soundcloud, but I'd happily pay for official releases of them, to show Disney/EA that there IS interest in such releases. I can't imagine though that these would be longer than what was already available, since these soundtracks are riddled with Williams material, and cleaning those up must have been quite a lot of work already.

JFO is mostly original music, so that didn't require so much re-arranging.

I wish the BF2 album was lossless. Crappy 128kbps sound...it's not the worst when you're listening to it but it does leave something to be desired.

At least I have access to the original BF2 music files in better quality.

1 hour ago, TheAvengerButton said:

I wish the BF2 album was lossless. Crappy 128kbps sound...it's not the worst when you're listening to it but it does leave something to be desired.

At least I have access to the original BF2 music files in better quality.

It is lossless. The version that Gordy uploaded to his Soundcloud are 48khz/24-bit WAV files.

13 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

It is lossless. The version that Gordy uploaded to his Soundcloud are 48khz/24-bit WAV files.

Oh, okay. I'm pretty ignorant of Soundcloud and the internet in general. Guess I shouldn't open my big fat mouth until I know what I'm talking about. I think I'm confused because I managed to grab lossless files for the first soundtrack from Soundcloud somehow. I think I may have downloaded them directly from the Soundcloud page, but I don't think I have lossless files for the second.

41 minutes ago, TheAvengerButton said:

Oh, okay. I'm pretty ignorant of Soundcloud and the internet in general. Guess I shouldn't open my big fat mouth until I know what I'm talking about. I think I'm confused because I managed to grab lossless files for the first soundtrack from Soundcloud somehow. I think I may have downloaded them directly from the Soundcloud page, but I don't think I have lossless files for the second.

Yep, Gordy made the raw files available to download for both games. You just go to the page of each cue and click on the little "download" button, and voila you have the full soundtrack in high fidelity.

Nah, I think he's disabled the download option. I just looked on there and couldn't find anything for downloading the tracks. Let me go and check again just to make sure I'm not talking out of my hind parts.

EDIT: Yeah, unfortunately it seems he has disabled downloading at this point.

8 hours ago, TheAvengerButton said:

Nah, I think he's disabled the download option. I just looked on there and couldn't find anything for downloading the tracks. Let me go and check again just to make sure I'm not talking out of my hind parts.

EDIT: Yeah, unfortunately it seems he has disabled downloading at this point.

maybe that is a good sign, official release incoming?

2 hours ago, greenturnedblue said:

maybe that is a good sign, official release incoming?

I think it might have been down for quite a while. I honestly don't think he really planned on keeping them up for that long. Perhaps he felt that he could make them available to download for the fans, and take them down soon after so that if someone at Lucasfilm/Disney noticed, he could just say "whoops, I forgot to disable downloading!" :P

Or maybe he just didn't realize that downloading was turned on, and really did so by mistake? No idea.

I don't have social media outside of the many forums I frequent. Has anything more been posted about this release in terms of how much it's going to cost, amount of material we're getting and so forth?

I'm sure it's not going to be a physical release. I don't think they'd do something so special for a game score anymore.

22 hours ago, TheAvengerButton said:

I don't have social media outside of the many forums I frequent. Has anything more been posted about this release in terms of how much it's going to cost, amount of material we're getting and so forth?

I'm sure it's not going to be a physical release. I don't think they'd do something so special for a game score anymore.

3.5 hours of music, digital only (no physical CD's :(). But I'm sure it'll at least be available in lossless somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Is the album already released? I want to take a look at the tracklist.

Technically no, but some people got ahold of it early (not sure how; maybe it's available in some countries depending on the timezone). The tracklist is up though on most websites, since it's available for pre-order, like iTunes and Spotify.

https://music.apple.com/au/album/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-original-video-game-soundtrack/1527191170

It's already Friday in many parts of the world, so legally for sale in those places, yes.  It's only "early" if it happens to still be Thursday in your country.

As for a general questions of online stores that legally sell lossless music, these are the 3 big ones

https://www.hdtracks.com/

https://www.qobuz.com/

https://www.7digital.com/

Plus Tidal has lossless streaming

https://tidal.com/

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's already Friday in many parts of the world, so legally for sale in those places, yes.  It's only "early" if it happens to still be Thursday in your country.

Yeah I realized that after commenting (which is why I added the part with the parenthesis). I'll check those sites when the times comes.

500x500bb-60.jpg

1 Cal Kestis 5:33 
2 Jedi Starfighter 2:32 
3 An Unscheduled Stop 2:24 
4 The Inquisition 2:45 
5 Fight and Flight 8:18 
6 Bogano 5:53 
7 BD-1 and the Boglings 3:33 
8 Oggdo Bogdo 5:51 
9 The Path of the Three Sages 2:48 
10 To Dathomir 4:43 
11 Nightsister 3:55 
12 The Wanderer 4:53 
13 Kashyyyk 5:27 
14 AT-AT Hijacked 3:52 
15 The Mantis Lands 2:30 
16 Saw's Plan 3:25 
17 Infiltration 3:14 
18 Flore and Fauna 4:00 
19 Wookiee Liberation 3:00 
20 Saw's Speech 1:19 
21 Zeffo 3:33 
22 Project Auger 3:44 
23 Trilla 1:57 
24 Crashed Venator 1:54 
25 Exploring Ancient Tombs 5:59 
26 The Origin Tree 4:19 
27 Chieftain Tarfful 2:44 
28 Flight of the Shyyyo Bird 11:56 
29 The Ninth Sister 6:18 
30 Tomb of Kujet 3:14 
31 Gorgara, The Chyrodactyl 11:38 
32 Memories of Days Past 4:04 
33 Broken Saber 6:05 
34 Ilum 2:52 
35 Failure Is Not the End 5:28 
36 A New Saber 2:07 
37 Confronting the Past 4:14 
38 Peacekeepers 2:10 
39 Taron Malicos 5:46 
40 Merrin 3:11 
41 Opening the Vault 3:55 
42 Fortress Inquisitorius 6:36 
43 The Will of the Force 5:10 
44 Eno Cordova's Theme 2:44 

TOTAL TIME - 3:11:33

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-original-video-game-soundtrack/1527191170