Gordy Haab & Stephen Barton's STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER (2019)

crumbs

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the cues were composed by Barton and Haab together or which cues composed each one of them? I'm been searching but I can't find a source for full credits

5 hours ago, DrTenma said:

Does anyone know if the cues were composed by Barton and Haab together or which cues composed each one of them? I'm been searching but I can't find a source for full credits

There is no source, at this point we have no idea. Keep in mind they do have very different writing styles, so it shouldn't be too hard to listen to a cue and determine who wrote it.

10 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

There is no source, at this point we have no idea. Keep in mind they do have very different writing styles, so it shouldn't be too hard to listen to a cue and determine who wrote it.

yes, indeed they're very different and I have a good idea of who wrote what but sometimes we get surprised and learn that some bits or arrangements are from another composer.

• 2 weeks later...

Could the fact that this was recorded with the LSO be the reason a soundtrack release was possible? (As opposed to Squadrons, which was recorded in the US.)

If yes it would at least bode well for the two Battlefront soundtracks (which were also recorded with the LSO).

32 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

Could the fact that this was recorded with the LSO be the reason a soundtrack release was possible? (As opposed to Squadrons, which was recorded in the US.)

If yes it would at least bode well for the two Battlefront soundtracks (which were also recorded with the LSO).

Honestly I don't see the Battlefront scores releasing officially considering they are much older than JFO was when it's album released. Plus we do have Gordy's album compilations, and in 48khz/24-bit.

I imagine that might be the case though, since JFO was recorded in London. Solo of course is the first and only expansion from the recent films, and it just so happens to be the only one of the new films recorded in London. I don't imagine the fees would be that big of a deal for Disney though; Michael Giacchino's scores usually get the deluxe edition treatment, and those are all recorded in LA. If companies like Paramount can release expansions for those scores, I don't imagine Disney wouldn't be able to release an expansions for Rogue One for example. The biggest obstacle for the 9 saga films I imagine would be John himself, and the lengthy process he goes through to make sure the album presentations are up to his standards. 

Whether or not they'd be willing to do anything for Squadrons though, considering it's just a video game score (and for a lower-budget game), I have no idea. Most video game scores that are recorded in Nashville usually do get released though; for example every time there is DLC released for Destiny 1&2 they always release a new album (and that happens at least once a year), and Bungie is just a small independent company. If a smaller company like that could afford all of Nashville's fees, obviously Disney could easily. But again, whether they would want to release something for Squadrons, I have no clue.

I imagine we will be seeing more of Gordy's future releases going forward. He seems to be scoring everything aside from the films and the Mandalorian. Plus he keeps winning awards for his SW game scores. If they were willing to release a small album for Jedi Challenges, I don't see why they wouldn't want to release more of his future work for bigger projects. The fee's seem to be the only obstacle, and a tiny one at that for a massive company like Disney.

• 1 year later...

Very late to the party, but Amazon is giving out this game as part of Amazon Prime.

I just have to say that in game at least this was a nice score. I've been listening to it on Spotify as well. There were some sections (on Kashyyk? Or Dathomir?) that were the Bernard Herrmann video game I never knew I needed!

4 hours ago, Tallguy said:

Very late to the party, but Amazon is giving out this game as part of Amazon Prime.

I just have to say that in game at least this was a nice score. I've been listening to it on Spotify as well. There were some sections (on Kashyyk? Or Dathomir?) that were the Bernard Herrmann video game I never knew I needed!

Wow you claimed that at the last possible second lol

• 1 year later...