The NINTENDO Thread

Jay

Dropping in to say that I put tons and tons and tons of time into Breath of the Wild, beat the big DLC mission to get the motorcycle, and finally beat Calamity Ganon.  As I predicted to myself, I lost a lot of interest in mopping the other stuff after that and haven't touched it in over a week, but it was good fun and satisfying up to that point.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:16 PM, Jay said:

Is Catherine: Full Body better than the original Catherine?

It isn’t really a new game. The primary gameplay is the same, just with the third character added. It’s a fantastic game either way, for what it’s worth.  Personally in my Top 10 on the PS3. 

45 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

It isn’t really a new game. The primary gameplay is the same, just with the third character added. It’s a fantastic game either way, for what it’s worth.  Personally in my Top 10 on the PS3. 

Just the PS3?

Did you go through Full Body? Was the new route worth it? 

2 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

Just the PS3?

Did you go through Full Body? Was the new route worth it? 

I don’t consider it a new game, just a remaster, so it’s a PS3 game to me.

I haven’t completed a full play through of Full Body. I think I played the first few nightmares and then moved on to other games. 

Obviously this could be complete fake / April Fool's joke / whatever, but SUPPOSEDLY this is a leak of what Nintendo's e3 lineup was going to be before e3 was canceled

EUYbKrlXQAcu74n?format=jpg&name=small

That's Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Pokemon, and Giftpia

Source: https://twitter.com/GarnetSunset/status/1244712232585437186

Skyward Sword - could be a not-that-different-looking upgrade to HD, like Twilight Princess HD

Metroid Prime - could just be the Trilogy collection in HD, Prime 4 still seems years off

Pikmin - Supposedly Pikmin 4 was finished years ago, could also just be a Pikmin 3 port

Paper Mario - yesterday's leaks already said a Paper Mario game was coming

Pokemon - could just be Gen 2 remake in the style of Let's Go gen 1 remake

Giftpia - could just be a fairly straight port, or a sequel that's been in the works for a while

While I'd love to assume that the new versions of the Galaxies will be without motion controls, Yoshi in Super Mario Galaxy 2 is giving me pause.  It's one of the few aspects I can think of where not just motion, but *pointer* controls are truly built in to the game design.  I wonder....

The latest rumor is that 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy are going to be sold as a 3-in-1 cart, and Galaxy 2 is not being remastered

Yea I was bummer the Switch had digital shoulder buttons.  Maybe they'll release a device that connects via bluetooth that you can plug gamecube controllers into

It sold more in launch week than all previous Animal Crossing games combined, which is pretty wild

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Yea I was bummer the Switch had digital shoulder buttons.  Maybe they'll release a devise that connects via bluetooth that you can plug gamecube controllers into

As it is now, would have to use a Wavebird with the Wii U GC adapter.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:49 AM, Jay said:

Obviously this could be complete fake / April Fool's joke / whatever, but SUPPOSEDLY this is a leak of what Nintendo's e3 lineup was going to be before e3 was canceled

Confirmed fake.

Has anyone besides @Disco Stu here played Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle?

I am LOVING this game!!  I guess I'm just about halfway through it; I ended my session last night after two attempts at the boss of World 2, and I believe there are 4 worlds.

The game has a very satisfying learning curb, awesome skill tree and weapon upgrade system, fun exploration, fun battles... I love it!

I played it, fell off around the Pirahna Plant goo thingy. Think I moved on to Mario Odyssey and Smash

Ah that fight is pretty early on so you havent seen much or really opened up the skill tree yet

I'm trying to remember where I got up to before I lost my Switch with the game card in it back in '17.  I think I was near the end of the Halloween themed world.

I beat world 2 last night, the desert and ice world.  Final boss who had stumped me the first two tries was much easier when i swapped on character for another.  It's such an interesting game where on some maps healing is everything and on others healing doesn't matter at all.  Went back through world 2 with the new beepo ability and found tons of secrets including the secret world which I beat.  Not sure if I want to do a bunch of challenges or just start world 3 next.

World 3 looks like a haunted world so you were probably about 3/4 through the game when you lost it Stu

I wonder if that is a sped up version of something, just like the menu music is a slowed down version of the Famicom startup theme...

19 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The historic spike in unemployment claims set to the Gamecube intro

:lol: :crymore:

Ha, that's great!

I have to same, the gamecube intro is one of the most satisfying system intros ever, if not THE best.  I always loved it back in the day, and when I recently had my hooked up to play through Link's Awakening via my physical GB cart through the GC's GBA add-on, I loved hearing it again every session.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I hear that's a good game

It's really good, I found it invaluable to use the rewind/suspend feature with it lol

The first system I had after NES was the N64, so I never had the nostalgia connection to SMW or any other SNES games.  I've played it since on Game Boy Advance, and agree it's pretty good, but I'll never quite connect to it the way I did to SMB1/2/3 and SM64, or even Mario Land 2 and Wario Land.  It's a mirror of my connection to Zelda, where I've never been all in on ALTTP, favoring Link's Awakening and OOT/MM, since I never played it until adulthood.

Yea the amount of new features is truly incredible, it's like they stealth-dropped Mario Maker 3 practically

All those powerups are so versatile, all the Mario Bros 2 stuff and mechanics make me wonder why they didn't just have an entire SMB2 theme, the world map builder people have been asking for forever... this is so cool, there's going to be so many amazing new levels to play

I mean, obviously the World Maker is what I'm most excited about.  Although I will be a teensy bit disappointed if there's no secret exits.  If you know me, you know I'm all bout dose secret exits and exploring maps.

I'm also very happy to see the Koopalings *finally*.

Yea doesn't look like there will be secret exits which is unfortunately.  Gotta save something for the sequel I guess :)

The sheer amount of new powerups in the first part of the video was really impressive

Animal Crossing was the #1 selling game in North America for March, even not including digital eShop sales.  I don't think it's possible for any Switch game to surpass MK8 as the best-selling game on the system, but I think AC could easily end up #2.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/04/21/march-2020-npd-animal-crossing-powers-march-to-blockbuster-game-sales/

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons*
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  3. MLB: The Show 20
  4. Resident Evil 3
  5. NBA 2K20
  6. Doom Eternal*
  7. Persona 5: Royal
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Borderlands 3
  10. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe*
  11. Nioh 2
  12. Red Dead Redemption II
  13. FIFA 20 [EA Sports]
  14. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  15. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX*
  16. Madden NFL 20 [EA Sports]
  17. Just Dance 2020
  18. Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order
  19. Mortal Kombat 11
  20. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Remastered

* Digital sales not included
^ Steam sales not included
# Minecraft digital sales on Xbox and PlayStation included

• 2 weeks later...

Well that just came out of nowhere.  A new Paper Mario is coming out on July 17.  An origami themed Paper Mario is so obvious and brilliant!  I always preferred the Mario & Luigi series, but I'll play every Paper Mario that comes out.

Just please please please please let the turn-based moves *not* be consumable items like the stickers in Sticker Star or the cards in Color Splash

Ha!  That looks super fun!

I love the look of the candle flames in the first scene

The paper mache Samus, DK, and Goomba hats at the end was awesome too