The NINTENDO Thread

Jay

I can't wait for this game! The sequel to my favorite video game of all time!

It got a 10/10 from Game Informer:

• Death is now a grim reality that is “genuinely scary” thanks to the new item rental system.
  • Heart piece puzzles are clever despite having all items available from the outset.
  • Maps are no longer found in dungeons and the layouts are given from the get go; this causes the experience to not feel dumb downed.
  • They loved the drawing mechanic in the game and how it forces the player to look at the game from a different perspective rather than the usual “solving puzzles and moving on”.
  • The game contains both some of the greatest dungeons in the series and some of the “best boss battles that Link has ever encountered”.
  • Some bosses return from A Link to the Past, but most are brand new.
  • The dungeon order is wide open and there is no hand holding. NPCs don’t tell you where to go next.
  • With all the items available from the start, you’re free to explore the world as you see fit.
  • While the world map is very similar to A Link to the Past, it is not a simple copy and paste job. There are a lot of subtle changes.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/game-informer-gives-a-link-between-worlds-perfect-score/

Sa-weeeeeeet!

Let me know if you come across any deals on it. I dunno if I should just pay the full $40 on Amazon and get it on release day, or wait for a Black Friday bargain

I don't think Mario Party is one of their most beloved franchines

Recent Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games have been amazing

My favorite Mario game ever has to be Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, what incredible atmosphere, with the score, SFX, witty dialogue, the punny names etc.

Nintendo is no longer a worthwhile investment, for me. I'm sure what they're doing appeals to its fans, but they'll be relevant again when they stop focusing on the younger market that is attracted to peripherals and gain third party developer support.

They just drag on their mascot franchises endlessly. What was their last new IP? Nothing but Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Pokemon, etc.

Guess it'll only be Quint and I on Killzone: Shadow Fall this Friday.

I've decided to wait.

I'm going to finish the games I have on the PS3 and xbox360 first. I have enough for the next 6 months at least

Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2 should keep me occupied till January alone, then Final Fantasy X in HD

I probably won't be getting a PS4 until next year, maybe not until Christmas of next year. That's been my method with all console launches because by that point the system accumulates a strong library with some must-have games and has usually dropped in price. And I get enough use out of my PS3 that I think will sustain itself for a while yet.

The Wii U has no killer games yet. When Mario Universe comes out I'll probably get one. Right now I only care about New Super Mario Brothers/Lugiu Wii U, Super Mario 3D World, and Mary Kart 8, and that's not enough to drop $300 on a system, especially when I have Wii games I bought and never finished (or even opened in the case of Mario Galaxy 2)

The Wii U has no killer games yet. When Mario Universe comes out I'll probably get one. Right now I only care about New Super Mario Brothers/Lugiu Wii U, Super Mario 3D World, and Mary Kart 8, and that's not enough to drop $300 on a system, especially when I have Wii games I bought and never finished (or even opened in the case of Mario Galaxy 2)

Well, none of the launch titles on PS4 or Xboxone look very good except if your a casual COD player. So it could give some time for the WIIU to survive

But I can't understand for the life of me why would anyone get excited over a 3DS game

The 3DS is an awesome system, it has great games! Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and New Super Mario Bros. 2 are all great games!

The 3D part is irrelevant, it's an option you can turn off. The game design is what is great. The DS has some absolutely fantastic games in its arsenal as well.

No, what I hate is a bunch of JRPG's being developed with shit graphics for the 3DS and not the PS3. Then some of them are ported to PS3 with only a marginal graphical update

Welcome to my world, where many games are made for consoles but ported to the PC with scant graphics updates, but also stability and control issues. There must not be enough money in PS3 JRPGs for in depth programming.

So today is PS4 launch day

The 3DS is an awesome system, it has great games! Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and New Super Mario Bros. 2 are all great games!

The 3D part is irrelevant, it's an option you can turn off. The game design is what is great. The DS has some absolutely fantastic games in its arsenal as well.

Seriously you want me to play a game like this in 2013

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-video-re/2300-6416158/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the Wii U will be declared a failure sometime in the next couple years, and then there will be a strong possibility that Nintendo will not make a system to compete with the PS5 and XB4 in the next generation, and will instead start licensing their games out to those other systems, like Sega did. If they do, I hope they also do some HD remakes of their Gamecube and Wii-era (and DS and 3DS era) games for those systems.

Yea, I am sure Nintendo is working on a brand new Zelda game for the Wii U, and no decision will be made about killing the Wii U or not until they see what the sales of the game (and system) is after it's been out for a few months

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gonna start Chrono Trigger tomorrow, gonna be the game I play on my flights to and from my Vegas vacation. Never played it before... can't wait! (I'll be playing the DS remake on my 3DS XL)

• 3 months later...

The Mario Kart games have always been fun. I got a lot of mileage out of Mario Kart Wii

• 5 weeks later...