The NINTENDO Thread

Jay

18 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I still think they should release the Rogue Squadron Trilogy Remastered

The most striking thing about the trailer for Trilogy was the live orchestra version of the Rogue Squadron theme. Was there any info on other tracks that were recorded for the game?

Don't worry Stu, after rolling credits I will be going back and getting every green star and every stamp in every single level

I beat every level in 3D Land!

Pokémon event in the morning. 

The internet thinks it will be gen 4 remakes.

I want Gen 2 on my Switch 😢 I think Gen 2 Pokémon was the first video game release I was pumped for. 

I wish Nintendo would do a virtual Game Boy like they do for Nes and SNES 

Pokemon was after my time.  I've literally never played a single game in the franchise, or seen any of the shows or movies

It hit at the perfect time for me. I was hooked and it was huge. I had the cards and the first two generations of games. Loved the TV show and the first two movies. But then I outgrew it. 

Nostalgia made me curious and I picked up Sword and enjoyed it but I prefer the first games and the original Pokémon. I’m very much a casual fan though. 

Anyone know if the Switch remakes of Gen 1 are as "simple" as the Gameboy originals, or if they are plagued by the "complications and baggage" added to later gens?

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

Anyone know if the Switch remakes of Gen 1 are as "simple" as the Gameboy originals, or if they are plagued by the "complications and baggage" added to later gens?

I believe there’s a unique mechanic for catching Pokémon that uses the motion controls but I haven’t played them yet so I’m not sure. 

It wasn’t kept for Sword and Shield. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Why can't you use a pro controller to play the gen 1 remakes?

Beats me. It makes no sense. It's motion controls for catching when on the TV, but you can't use a pro controller, and it's button controls in handheld mode. Neither TV nor handheld lets you use the pro. 

I watched the trailer for the canceled Wii port of the Rogues. While it's still cool, the motion controls would have been lame for those already Problematic non-flying levels. Those really were the games that brought SW games into the current generation in actually resembling the movies more accurately without blocky textures and a gamey look. The authenticity was through the roof.

On 2/23/2021 at 7:36 AM, Jay said:

And no other posts in between that one from 4 pages ago and now are worth commenting on? You have no thoughts on anything in the Direct, 3D World, Bowser's Fury, Ghostbusters, or Golf Story? 

Nope, hence why I rarely visit the thread.

I played the first two worlds of a really fun puzzle game called Fire 'N Ice on the NES Online app this morning.  It's a sequel (prequel in terms of story) to Solomon's Key.  If you've ever played Solomon's Key (which was one of those 80s arcade games that was ported to every platform under the sun), just expect more of that basically, but the graphics are very colorful and attractive.  This was a very very late NES game and it looks fantastic.  One thing I love about the online apps is that I get to try all these games that I would *never* buy on Virtual Console and sometimes have a pretty good time with them!

Just look at that gorgeous world map

image.png

and actual gameplay

image.png

The difference in graphics between early NES games and late NES games is really striking. They really learned how to get everything they could out of that hardware. 

The relatively muted colors of Super Mario 1 are so different from the bright and colorful Super Mario 2 and 3

I posted that before the Direct happened when it was assumed that was gen 9 and not the Legends or whatever they're calling it game

Nice!  I walked into a Best Buy on launch day and picked up the system and a Pro Controller;  I had already pre-ordered the Special Edition of Breath of the Wild online and that was delivered to my house the same day

2 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I don't think I'll continue Mario's Odyssey. Anyone want my copy? I'll likely get 3D Mario for Mario 64 and play that instead, as it's clearly the best game they ever made.

What's the problem?

1 hour ago, SilverTrumpet said:

What's the problem?

It has dialogue.

On 2/14/2021 at 6:56 PM, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

This Mario game is fun but there are way too many cut scenes and text things. I had this same issue with Mario Galaxy. Mario 64 was almost entirely gameplay with none of this nonsense and it was perfect. Is this what the kids want these days? Text messages from these dumb characters and constant pauses from gameplay?

Some guy on reddit made nice compilations of all the Nintendo-published games from the Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, and Switch

saabi7jfi4m61.png

b0jejvb9r7m61.png

ndz6t0ye4am61.png

1r6xgh8iehm61.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/user/GreenDonuts88/submitted/

The Wii easily has the weakest lineup, eh

I dunno, I'm really happy with the Wii games are specifically in my wheelhouse (platformers).  Galaxy 1 and 2 are classics, and sorry to the haters but I still really enjoy NSMB Wii (single player only).  Plus DKCR is really fun (even if not as good as Tropical Freeze), Wario Land Shake It is very underrated and Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Epic Yarn are both great Kirby games (although Woolly World greatly perfected the yarn game).

17 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I dunno, I'm really happy with the Wii games are specifically in my wheelhouse (platformers).  Galaxy 1 and 2 are classics, and sorry to the haters but I still really enjoy NSMB Wii (single player only).  Plus DKCR is really fun (even if not as good as Tropical Freeze), Wario Land Shake It is very underrated and Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Epic Yarn are both great Kirby games (although Woolly World greatly perfected the yarn game).

All these systems have GREAT (and I mean GREAT) games, but I'm talking about the whole thing, IE if you look at EVERY game in each picture, the other systems had more games worth playing than ones not playing

I saw the Switch one on Reddit this morning and realized I have every single one on the list, which is pretty psychotic. 

Makes me want to go back and fill in the gaps for the others. 

Holy schnikies, that's a ton of hours spent playing first party switch games, and yet you hardly ever participate in this thread!

What do you think about Labo, Fitness Boxing, and Ring Fits Adventure!?