The Rise of Skywalker score has potentially begun recording

Remco

Is a "tuplet" a thing? 

Okay, I have looked it up in the meantime.  Evidently it is.  Triplets and duplets both fall under its general category. 

I'm being pendantic I know, but recording might not have begun yet. If not, they're certainly gearing up to start very soon.

I didn't think Williams was composing anything for that ride? But if he was, it makes sense to bundle the recording into the TROS sessions. 

It is indeed possible that this is from TROS but is not from a recording session. Remember that JKMS is who creates the parts from JW's sketches, so they start to be involved earlier in the process than the sessions. (That's not to say this can't be from the sessions, just that that's not the only possibility.)

I never made this thread though, I wrote the post in another thread and suddenly it became it’s own!

My thoughts are that the version in the sheet music is unlike anything in Ep 7 and 8 and since it has been stated that TROS will start recording in june, I thought it was safe to assume they did in fact start recording. If not, they’re very very close to it.

How will we even find out once the score is recording? From memory rumours started leaking out that Williams was doing the trailer for TFA quite early, but I recall the early Last Jedi sessions were a surprise at the time. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Why do you think so? Williams has states he's open to doing more after Ep 9 finishes.

when did he say that?

31 minutes ago, King Mark said:

when did he say that?

Mike Matessino said it (49:50)

I'm not betting on another score but I wouldn't be that surprised if this isn't the last Star Wars music he ends up writing. Rian Johnson or the GOT guys could theoretically get a theme or something out of him and there's always Galaxy's Edge. I do think it's clear that he has no interest in "passing the torch" to anybody in particular (remember when people thought he was gonna train Giacchino in the ways of Star Wars music like Yoda lol, ain't nobody got time for that)

All it took was Giacchino's attempt at a complete Star Wars score and Williams was scarred for life! 

He's definitely very protective of the musical brand in Star Wars. 

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

All it took was Giacchino's attempt at a complete Star Wars score and Williams was scarred for life! 

He's definitely very protective of the musical brand in Star Wars. 

We're very lucky Williams still sees Star Wars as his baby.  Too bad he didn't have the same passion for HP after POA... he could have written some music for HP world.

6 hours ago, Balahkay said:

We're very lucky Williams still sees Star Wars as his baby.  Too bad he didn't have the same passion for HP after POA... he could have written some music for HP world.

Given the way Yates and Rowling went about things after PoA, I wouldn’t be surprised if he decided to wash his hands of that franchise. In any case, he’d already delivered the musical goods; three separate composers after him couldn’t dislodge JW as the musical face of HP. (And he got himself the ultimate deluxe score treatment, which is a privilege I don’t see being repeated for Hooper, Doyle, or Desplat any time soon.)