Men in Black

Tomorrow Never Dies

Volcano

Good Will Hunting

Air Force One

The Postman

Oscar and Lucinda

Starship Troopers

All in all a pretty soundtrack year that 1997.

The Matrix

SW: The Phantom Menace

Angela's Ashes

The Mummy

The Red Violin

It was a great year, music-wise. I was a film score fan already, and I remember my high expectations for The Phantom Menace, and the joy to get another SW score in a relatively new style, but totally worthy of its predecessors (and who can forget the memorable track titled "Qui-Gon's Noble End", one of the greatest accidental spoilers of all times, since the CD was released before the movie was in the theaters!). Then we got The Matrix, which I consider today as one of the greatest film scores ever written by anyone else than John Williams. And one of Goldsmith's last masterpieces, The Mummy.      

Well, depends on your definition. I was 14 during the summer of my 15th year in 1992 (my birthday is in November). Which means, I guess, that we're talking the summer of 1993 here. I finished upper secondary school in the spring that year, and started what equates to US high school (more or less) in the fall.

And of course that's the "big one"  -- the year of JURASSIC PARK, which eventually became my alltime favourite soundtrack.

Other favourites in that year (not just the summer) include SCHINDLER'S LIST, THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, SOMMERSBY, POINT OF NO RETURN, ARMY OF DARKNESS, BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT, DEMOLITION MAN, FALLING DOWN, GETTYSBURG, THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS, MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING, THE SECRET GARDEN, THE FUGITIVE, MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO, ONCE UPON A FOREST, FREE WILLY, RUDY, THE REMAINS OF THE DAY, THE PIANO.

Gotta love the 90s.

1992 was good too. Some massive favourites that year include ALIEN 3, BATMAN RETURNS, FAR & AWAY, ALADDIN, HOME ALONE 2. But also 1492, BASIC INSTINCT, K2, LAST OF THE MOHICANS, MEDICINE MAN, HOWARD'S END, DRACULA, CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS: THE DISCOVERY, TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME.

Not as strong as 1993, but still damn strong.

There, now I have both years covered, in case 1993 didn't "qualify" per the parameters.

47 minutes ago, Thor said:

1992 was good too. Some massive favourites that year include, BATMAN RETURNS, FAR & AWAY, ALADDIN, HOME ALONE 2. But also 1492, BASIC INSTINCT, LAST OF THE MOHICANS, MEDICINE MAN, HOWARD'S END, DRACULA, CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS: THE DISCOVERY, TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME.

My bad, 1992 was an absolutely incredible year in movie scores (compared to today).

I was 15 in 2008

They made you bigger than me!

Scores I heard in the Summer specifically - Star Trek 2009, X-Men Origins Wolverine, Terminator Salvation, The Patriot (2000) (the score that started it all)

I don't know what you're asking.  The subject says "fifteenth summer", which for me would be the summer of 1994.  The scores I like from that summer are City Slickers II by Shaiman, SPEED by Mancina, and True Lies by Feidel.

But then your main post says "What are your favourite soundtracks released the year you were 15?"  That would be, for me, any score release from September 7 1994 through September 6 1995, which would be a pretty great list - The Shawshank Redemption by Newman, The River Wild by Goldsmith, STARGATE by Arnold, Drop Zone by Zimmer, Crimson Tide by Zimmer, Die Hard 3 by Kamen, Braveheart by Horner, Congo by Goldsmith, Batman Forever by Goldenthal, Apollo 13 by Horner, Judge Dredd by Silvestri, First Knight by Goldsmith, and Waterworld by JNH.  Wow!

Well we are September babies one day a part.

Return of the Jedi 

Krull

Twilight Zone ThevMovie

Under Fire

L’ Africain

Brainstorm 

Gorky Park

Psycho II

The Black Stallion Returns

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Jaws 3

Nate and Hayes

The Right Stuff

The Last Starfighter

The Thorn Birds

Uncommon Valor

War Games

Testament

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

For me my 15 summer was when I was 14.

Yes, same here, as previously mentioned. Some of us were born after the summer, which means that one must reference the upcoming summer -- in the year one actually turns 16. The summer/year thing was confusing in the original post.

18 hours ago, Thor said:

Yes, same here, as previously mentioned. Some of us were born after the summer, which means that one must reference the upcoming summer -- in the year one actually turns 16. The summer/year thing was confusing in the original post.

It just means in the year you were 15 years old. Nothing confusing about it. 

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

It just means in the year you were 15 years old. Nothing confusing about it. 

Then why mention 'summers'?

Also, I was 15 years old in both 1992 and 1993.

A more specific, non-confusing headline would be 'in the YEAR you TURNED 15 years old'; without all the nonsense about seasons and whatnot.

On 7/1/2019 at 3:08 PM, Thor said:

your post triggered this though for Jason and myself. Technically our 15th birthdays actually do occur in Summer as summer does not end until after our birthdays have passed.

Before the technical end of summer, but after the end of the summer movies/scores

back when I was 15 summer was just what we call it summer. It began in late June and ended in late September, summer movie season wasn't even really a thing then.