Hans Zimmer's NO TIME TO DIE (2021)

Faleel

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

over your head superman GIF

Honestly, with the current state of Hollywood, would it really surprise you if that wasn't at least something that could feasibly be reported?

Though the lack of a mentioned source really should've stood out to me. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

So, someone on FSM claims that David Arnold tweeted this:

You’re very kind but I haven't been approached about NTTD, so I can sit back and enjoy it with everyone else . Trailer looks great!

However, I just went to his twitter feed to see, and it's not there.

https://twitter.com/DavidGArnold/

Did Arnold really tweet that, then delete it?  Or is the FSMer simply in error?

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=130493&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=5&r=785#bottom

44 minutes ago, Jay said:

You’re very kind but I haven't been approached about NTTD, so I can sit back and enjoy it with everyone else . Trailer looks great!

Well, maybe Arnold haven't been approached YET. They are still editing the movie and, if Romer is indeed out, they'll start looking for a new composer after the New Year.

(I can't let the hope die, not now :( )

I found the tweet, it was from way back on Dec 4th which is why I didn't see it before; The FSM poster made it sound like the tweet had just happened.  Why he didn't link to the tweet when he quoted it is beyond me

Every time this thread goes up, I think I'm going to open it and see something like "[insert generic Remote Control composer here] officialized for the movie" or maybe "Rumor was fake and Romer remains as the composer". Then, when I don't see either of that, I think "Great! Arnold still have a chance!".

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Every time this thread goes up, I think I'm going to open it and see something like "[insert generic Remote Control composer here] officialized for the movie" or maybe "Rumor was fake and Romer remains as the composer". Then, when I don't see either of that, I think "Great! Arnold still have a chance!".

it could also still be Romer.

Nevermind just read your post more closely.  Sorry!  Carry on!

Seen on FSM:

There is someone at hans-zimmer.com heavily suggesting Zimmer has been given the job. They are at least adamant that Romer is no longer attached and it isn’t Balfe either.

It is I suppose somewhat interesting that in this new story about some other score Romer is doing, they don't list Bond among his previous works

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/12/25/dan-romer-scoring-benh-zeitlins-wendy/

48 minutes ago, Jay said:

Seen on FSM:

It is I suppose somewhat interesting that in this new story about some other score Romer is doing, they don't list Bond among his previous works

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/12/25/dan-romer-scoring-benh-zeitlins-wendy/

Is it this post?

http://hans-zimmer.com/index.php?rub=disco&id=1804

Some people on the HZ fansite are usually well informed, but for now I don't believe the rumor of Zimmer himself doing the movie.

He already has a lot scheduled for 2020, with three of his movies coming out between late May and June (WW84, SpongeBob, Top Gun: Maverick). If NTTD was to be released in November like previous Bonds, I guess he could fit on his schedule alongside Dune, but since it comes out in April... And I guess, if he was going to do a Bond movie, he would prefer to have more time.

That said, I don't doubt that one of his protegees are being considered. Maybe not Balfe, but I guess people like Mazzaro, Kawczynski or Jacob Shea (who scored some nature documentaries with the main theme composed by Zimmer).

Still, if someone who was/is associated with Zimmer was to score a Bond movie, I would prefer John Powell, not on his Bourne style, but on his Paycheck style:

4 hours ago, Þekþiþm said:

Why has Balfe's name been mentioned so much in relation to this movie? Did someone official say something?

Because Balfe replaced a lot of composers recently

Justin Hurwitz - He would actually do a sweeping classic orchestral song and actually incorporate the theme into his score. He will always provide a sound of romance which only Barry successfully brought to Bond and to some degree Arnold.

32 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I can't imagine a JW Bond score. What would it even sound like?

Well his 60s/70s style (The Long Goodbye, Cinderella Liberty etc) would have certainly suited pre-Pierce Brosnan Bond. Not sure what it would sound like for a more contemporary Bond.

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well his 60s/70s style (The Long Goodbye, Cinderella Liberty etc) would have certainly suited pre-Pierce Brosnan Bond. Not sure what it would sound like for a more contemporary Bond.

I just realized, JW does not really have a contemporary sound. The last time he scored a film set in contemporary times that was no scifi/fantasy or period was The Terminal!

39 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I just realized, JW does not really have a contemporary sound. The last time he scored a film set in contemporary times that was no scifi/fantasy or period was The Terminal!

The Elevator Scene from Revenge of the Sith and The Papers from The Post sound 'contemporary' to me.

https://amp.cinemablend.com/news/2487309/wonder-woman-1984-is-technically-done-and-heres-the-first-cuts-runtime?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Wonder Woman is apparently finished already, so there could be a window for Zimmer to to this before Top Gun etc 

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

I just know of HZ gets the gig he’ll be insufferable like “we wanted to try something different with Bond”. We’ll get a whole album of concept music and demos as well.

You'll get a whole album of trailer music. This will be a blockbuster rescue operation, not some arty concept thing, so expect the Pall of Balfe hanging all over the proceedings.

10 hours ago, Bayesian said:

That's definitely a part of the problem I have with Zimmer/Balfe/RCP. It's one thing that most of the music they write is trash, but they also have this irritating habit of leveraging their well-oiled PR machine to boast how much blood and sweat they put into it, how much time they labored over it, what stops they pulled to bring in the best talent they could find, what auditory miracles they invented this time around, blah blah blah.

Of course, the only thing more unbearable than a talentless hack is a talentless hack who takes jobs away from the far more gifted likes of Joe Kraemer and then goes on to put out 2-CD releases of his hackery as if under the ridiculous impression his music actually deserves such treatment.

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I just know of HZ gets the gig he’ll be insufferable like “we wanted to try something different with Bond”. We’ll get a whole album of concept music and demos as well.

And if all that was done by John Williams everyone would be over the moon. 

Just now, Koray Savas said:

Except JW is the furthest thing from a talentless hack and he doesn’t boast. It’s a straw man argument. 

And JW doesn't do any of this: (actually most composers don't)

leveraging their well-oiled PR machine to boast how much blood and sweat they put into it, how much time they labored over it, what stops they pulled to bring in the best talent they could find, what auditory miracles they invented this time around

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Yes.

Because John Williams, as opposed to Lorne Balfe and Hans Zimmer, is, in fact, not a pompous hack. 

John Williams on his deathbed, with his last breath, would write music better than Dark Phoenix. 

7 hours ago, gkgyver said:

John Williams on his deathbed, with his last breath, would write music better than Dark Phoenix. 

Just like Mozart narrating music to Salieri, it would be William Ross dictating the score to John Williams... or is it the other way round?

Honestly would've preferred Romer over some bunch of hack RC ghostwriters. That organization is like a disease slowly suffocating the industry.

Pathetic move from Broccoli. Should only have ever gone to Arnold if not Romer.