Hans Zimmer's NO TIME TO DIE (2021)

Faleel

:lol: "...the sausage"..."like most film composers, he doesn't do most of the  composing"..."the only person to compose all the music was John Williams... "

This is fucking hilarious! :lol:

Does anyone know where I can get some carpet shampoo, for all the coffee that I accidentally spat out, while reading this?

Between all the rumours and speculation etc I'd honestly say we're looking at a Blade Runner situation down to a tee, with Zimmer + someone like Wallfisch credited for the score.

22 hours ago, crumbs said:

Honestly would've preferred Romer over some bunch of hack RC ghostwriters. That organization is like a disease slowly suffocating the industry.

Pathetic move from Broccoli. Should only have ever gone to Arnold if not Romer.

They’re not ghost writers if you know who they are. 

Isn't the movie coming out this spring? How will Hans Zimmer manage to find the time to do all the painstaking research he does for all of his movies, to arrive at... always the same sound? 

30 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

They’re not ghost writers if you know who they are. 

Nobody but a small enclave of internet nerds knows who they are. 

Credits of the film say "Hans Zimmer". 

End of story. 

They actually don’t. Hence why they’re not ghost writers and are credited collaborators.

Most actual fans know the line-up of musicians Zimmer collaborates with. It’s only here where they all get reduced to “ghost writing hacks.”

4 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Arnold would be a lot cheaper than Zimmer. 

What? More "out there" than GoldenEye? Yikes!

They hired a guy who un-ironically likes the accordion. What did they expect? 

5 minutes ago, Blumenkohl said:

They hired a guy who un-ironically likes the accordion. What did they expect? 

I think they don't have a damn clue. To most people, film music by one composer or the other doesn't sound radically different. Unless, of course, they use an accordion in a Bond film. 

I usually like Romer's scores, I wasn't sure how he would be in an action movie as this one but I had hopes in him... If they want to play safe I would go also with David Arnold, if not... John Williams, why not?? hahahaha I can easily imagine Benjamin Walfisch credited. Is not my favourite composer (I couldn't enjoy Shazam! which seems a very popular score) but better him than the actual Hans Zimmer.

6 hours ago, Gustavo Joseph said:

IMHO Wallfisch is better than Balfe or 2010's Zimmer.

And if the rejection is confirmed, curious to see what Romer did that EON consider so bad. Couldn't be worse than Goldeneye. 

I don't really care diddly-squat about James Bond, but I actually consider GOLDENEYE one of the best and most interesting Bond scores.

As for Zimmer, I'd be delighted if he did a Bond. I think he could do well. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I don't really care diddly-squat about James Bond, but I actually consider GOLDENEYE one of the best and most interesting Bond scores.

As for Zimmer, I'd be delighted if he did a Bond. I think he could do well. Time will tell.

Interesting ... if I didn't 'care diddly-squat' for a franchise, must admit my lack of interest would extend to its score composers.   

What do you mean?  There are tons of scores I love to movies I've never seen and don't care about seeing

When seeking out a new score to listen to, I go by composer, not film franchise

On 12/30/2019 at 3:17 PM, Thor said:

I'm not a Goldeneye fan, but definitely it's a unique Bond score. I bet nowadays they wouldn't use the gunbarrel at least, and probably reject much more than the San Petersburg tank chase. It's their merit to stick to their vision, they really tried a different aproach. 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:53 AM, Muad'Dib said:

Give it to Silvestri, all he needs to do is an Avengers-like theme but with Barry-styled trumpets 

Actually, Silvestri would be an interesting choice. I would like a score like Eraser, G.I. Joe or his rejected Mission Impossible for a Bond movie.