Hans Zimmer's NO TIME TO DIE (2021)

Faleel

9 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Welp, JWFan certainly hasn’t changed in the past 20 years. 

I look forward to Kaya's next interview where he repeatedly tells <insert name> that he thinks their score is the best Bond score.

19 hours ago, Larry O said:

Powell would have done this right. Giacchino probably would have done a pretty good job as well, considering he's knocked out two Barry homages already on The Incredibles. But I get the feeling the producers didn't put any more thought into it than "Can we get Zimmer, let's get Zimmer." Arnold probably wasn't asked because it likely never occurred to anyone to ask anyone BUT Zimmer. 

This strikes me as closest to what likely happened. They didn't like whatever Romer was doing, and rather than going into a protracted composer search, just thought of the quickest and easiest solution which is to call Zimmer and see whether him or a clone are interested/available.

No matter what your opinion is on any of the actual music, it's just a fact that in the modern film industry, "rescuing" film scores at the last minute is a Remote Control specialty.  A signature calling card for the studio.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

No matter what your opinion is on any of the actual music, it's just a fact that in the modern film industry, "rescuing" film scores at the last minute is a Remote Control specialty.  A signature calling card for the studio.

The really sad thing is that if they existed fifteen years ago, we would never have scores like JNH's King Kong. That would almost certainly have gone to RC. 

7 minutes ago, crumbs said:

The really sad thing is that if they existed ten years ago, we would never have scores like JNH's King Kong. That would almost certainly have gone to RC. 

That's a terrifying thought, considering how mediocre and forgettable Henry Jackman's score to Kong: Skull Island turned out.

2 hours ago, Arpy said:

Dan Romer was a patsy, part of a plan by RC to insert themselves into the project as 'saviours'.

Lol wut

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

The really sad thing is that if they existed fifteen years ago, we would never have scores like JNH's King Kong. That would almost certainly have gone to RC. 

They did exist 15 years ago, and JNH’s King Kong was recorded with Remote Control.

4 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Not following?

Blake Neely and Mel Wesson composed additional music alongside Chris Bacon. Alan Meyerson recorded and mixed the score. JNH and Zimmer are friends and collaborators. Remember this was 2005 post-Batman Begins. Many Howard scores around that time had RCP crew working on them. 

32 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Blake Neely and Mel Wesson composed additional music alongside Chris Bacon.

Wait, what exactly did Neely, Wesson and Bacon (lol) composed? I remember downloading the complete sheets from King Kong from that extinct forum that worshipped the iconic japanese RPG series, but JNH was credited as composer from every single one of the cues.

And there's nothing on that score that doesn't sound like him, either. Unless maybe the atmospheric village music when the crew are entering the island, that was probably Mel Wesson indeed.

It may have been partly written by RCP crew but the whole score still sounds good, because PJ asked for good music.

If Zimmer offered the right minion and the Broccolis asked for a similarly orchestral score, there's no reason we couldn't get the same sort of score.

But we won't, because they've almost certainly asked Zimmer for the usual dronings and rhythms.

10 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Wait, what exactly did Neely, Wesson and Bacon (lol) composed? I remember downloading the complete sheets from King Kong from that extinct forum that worshipped the iconic japanese RPG series, but JNH was credited as composer from every single one of the cues.

And there's nothing on that score that doesn't sound like him, either. Unless maybe the atmospheric village music when the crew are entering the island, that was probably Mel Wesson indeed.

Yes, Mel Wesson typically does ambient music design. Couldn’t tell you what Neely and Bacon (his middle initial is P btw) did specifically.

7 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

There wouldn't have been need for rescue, had the wilted Broccoli gotten a clue earlier and not brought Romer on board. 

Well if everyone had that attitude no one would ever get a break.

But maybe they left him more to it than they should have, i.e. done more demos, and gotten the idea sooner that it wasn't working.

Zimmer's team will provide a 'safe' score very quickly.

I'm actually curious to see what Romer delivered that made them fire him. Was it so "out there" and "off putting" for an action spy movie? But Romer doesn't seem the kind of guy that would deliver a very experimental score right when he get the biggest chance on his career - or is he?

40 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I'm actually curious to see what Romer delivered that made them fire him. Was it so "out there" and "off putting" for an action spy movie? But Romer doesn't seem the kind of guy that would deliver a very experimental score right when he get the biggest chance on his career - or is he?

I don’t think he can physically write a blockbuster score. Listening to his work it’s clear dude is an indy composer and probably not by choice. 

11 hours ago, Arpy said:

Dan Romer was a patsy, part of a plan by RC to insert themselves into the project as 'saviours'.

So you think Romer was a scapegoat to make RC look good? Wonder how much they paid Romer to do it. Very interesting theory.

hd name GIF

Zimmer comes to Romer's house and says:

Do you want to break BIG on this industry? All you have to do is follow my instructions. Then, I can put you into anything you want. Do you like Ridley Scott? You can be on his next movie. Like super-heroes? I can put you on the next DC movie. Prefer documentaries? You can get a job at an upcoming Nat Geo nature doc. Do you want to be as beloved as Ramin Djawadi? I can put you into the next fantasy show, like Lorne on His Dark Materials.

Anything you want... anything you wish... all your wildest dreams can become true... if you just kneel and pledge your alliance for all eternity. Also, I'm gonna need your soul too.

3 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Well if everyone had that attitude no one would ever get a break.

Oh PLEASE. 

Have you heard some of his music? 

It's like hiring Gustavo Santaolalla for Star Wars. 

32 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

Oh PLEASE. 

Have you heard some of his music? 

It's like hiring Gustavo Santaolalla for Star Wars. 

I wish Nathan Johnson could have scored The Last Jedi, at least we would have gotten something new and different. 

Romer is a fine composer, but even giants like Desplat get fired off of tent pole projects. 

Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli confirmed today that composer Hans Zimmer will score the latest 007 adventure, No Time To Die. “It’s a dream come true to be working with the legendary composer Hans Zimmer on our twenty- fifth James Bond film, No Time To Die,” said producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. While director Cary Joji Fukunaga echoed their statement, “I’m beyond excited that Hans is scoring No Time To Die. The music of Bond has always been iconic and I’ve already witnessed Hans adding his touch of genius to the Bond legacy.”

https://www.007.com/hans-zimmer-to-score-no-time-to-die/

On 1/9/2020 at 8:28 PM, Koray Savas said:

I wish Nathan Johnson could have scored The Last Jedi, at least we would have gotten something new and different. 

The only person who should be scoring SW music from now on is Powell. 

Giacchino is blacklisted from future movies (allegedly from the maestro’s own mouth)

Nobody knows who McKneely is so he won’t get hired unless Seth McFarland makes a Star Wars movie. 

I say give Debbie Wiseman a chance and let the fucking dice roll. LVK is a bomber score. 

7 minutes ago, Þekþiþm said:

Why? His score was alright.

All I know is that one dude who used to have that sexy-beach-selfie-avatar talked about some second hand knowledge he had regarding how JW felt about Giacchino’s Rogue One effort:

Who knows how accurate it is though 

29 minutes ago, Lord Zimmer said:

It’s not like Williams did anything worthwhile with the ST, why is he giving Giachinno a hard time who had like 5 minutes to do RO.

Giachinno has never done anything worthwhile for a film though. His best stuff was in video games in TV.

3 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Giachinno has never done anything worthwhile for a film though. 

I'm no Gia fan, but I'm not so sure about that. He's created magic for film before...

“Worthwhile” is in the eye of the beholder and blah blah blah, but the first 3 Pixars and ST09 are basically why Gia is where he is in Hollywood. I can respect John Carter and Beyond’s Yorktown Theme, and I have a soft spot for Super 8 too. Also Roar! kind of rules.