Alejandro Moros - technical assistant
James Warren Morris - Assistant Orchestrator
Vicente Ortiz Gimeno - orchestrator
Pedro Osuna - orchestrator
Ben Parry - choir director
Tom Pigott Smith - musician: violin
Eva Reistad - score mix assistant
Òscar Senén - lead orchestrator
Shalini S. Singh - Studio Manager: remote control productions, inc.
Jill Streater - head of music preparation
Allen Walley - musician: double bass
Alvin Wee - score mix assistant
Mel Wesson - ambient music designer
Rob Westwood - orchestrator
Warren Zielinski - musician: violin
Dan Boardman - cuban music orchestrator

How lazy do you have to be to bring in an extra orchestrator for a bit of cuban music? 

Read a book you hack. 

Or re-record Arnold's Welcome To Cuba and Wheelchair Access. Will be the best 5 minutes of the score. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

This credit list was posted on FSM, I dunno what their source was though

There was some promotional Thor Ragnarok thing that had the full movie credits on it (or at the very least the soundtrack section with all the MCU themes credited). So it either could be that, or stuff has leaked.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Who is Steven Doar? A newbie at RC?

Pretty much. Hybrid was mentioning that he's gonna be the next guy under HZ's wing after Mazzaro.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:18 PM, Dixon Hill said:

Thankfully we have you to preach the truth to those poor unfortunate souls who like different things than you do.  Hate to be nothing but negative lately but this place is slipping back into its old ways more and more, which is a damn shame.  There was a Silver Age for a little while there. 

Dixon, I hardly knew ye!😞

Come back. You , me, and Thor will slay the bastards!

9 hours ago, HunterTech said:

There was some promotional Thor Ragnarok thing that had the full movie credits on it (or at the very least the soundtrack section with all the MCU themes credited). So it either could be that, or stuff has leaked.

The above has been on IMDB for a while - it's from there.

I think it's crazy to see a list of additional orchestrators etc., but how much of the work they did is awarded with a credit regardless if Hans did all of it or part of it. I used to be one of those assholes who would look at a pop artist and balk at how many writers and arrangers they use, but the practice is becoming more and more a natural part of the collaborative process of music making. In short, who cares how many people work on something if the end result is fine?

That being said - Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Dark Phoenix didn't sound like they needed a factory to make what they did.

12 hours ago, gkgyver said:

Holy shit, seven orchestrators! 

For what? 

I don't think that makes you an asshole at all. It's only natural to ponder how talented the artist in question actually is when producing their stuff seems to require a raft of co-writers, producers etc.   

Well Hans needs an orchestrator anyway because someone needs to write out the MIDI to sheet music and proofread. As I understand the score was made under considerable time pressure so dividing the work among 7 people (maybe some of them weren’t available for the whole period?) doesn’t say that much I think.

I mean there are JW scores with 3 orchestrators (or maybe even more) and it says literally nothing about the creative process. 

On 9/10/2020 at 3:18 AM, Sweeping Strings said:

I don't think that makes you an asshole at all. It's only natural to ponder how talented the artist in question actually is when producing their stuff seems to require a raft of co-writers, producers etc.   

How is this different than all the other composers like Brian Tyler and Marco Beltrami? Producing a film requires a host of directors, secondary directors, actors, etc. Authors write together. Bands make music together. Stephen King wrote novels with other authors and you have no idea which words belongs to who. 

I was specifically referring to the part of Arpy's post that talks about pop artists. I will just never feel that some piece of autotuned pop fluff that somehow required an amount of people running into double figures to make is worthy of the same respect as the like of the rock classics above that it probably took an absolute maximum of 6 people to make.    

I'm 49, and probably enough of a dinosaur about this sort of thing to have Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard running away from me terrified. So be it *shrug*. 

19 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

I was specifically referring to the part of Arpy's post that talks about pop artists. I will just never feel that some piece of autotuned pop fluff that somehow required an amount of people running into double figures to make is worthy of the same respect as the like of the rock classics above that it probably took an absolute maximum of 6 people to make.

THIS!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Physical CD is still happening, and now the cover art is up

https://shop.decca.com/*/*/Bond-No-Time-to-Die-CD/6E7Q0000000

Oh it's on Amazon too

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084X9L2RH/

The Hans Zimmer produced soundtrack for the 25th installment in the James Bond film franchise, No Time To Die. The soundtrack will include Billie Eilish's electrifying title track No Time To Die, co-written (with brother Finneas O'Connell) and performed by Eilish. Joining Zimmer on scoring the soundtrack is Johnny Marr, who is also the featured guitarist on the album, with additional music by composer and score producer Steve Mazzaro.

So the song is on the OST album this time

It's the marketing department.

Whether the score was produced by Hans Zimmer, John Williams, a resurrected Richard Strauss, or a 4 piece drugged up street mariachi band, they don't give a rat's ass. 

On 9/13/2020 at 11:09 PM, Mephariel said:

How is this different than all the other composers like Brian Tyler and Marco Beltrami? Producing a film requires a host of directors, secondary directors, actors, etc. Authors write together. Bands make music together. Stephen King wrote novels with other authors and you have no idea which words belongs to who. 

The costume designer doesn't actuall sew all the garments.

The production designer doesn't draft all the schematics....

1 hour ago, bruce marshall said:

The costume designer doesn't actuall sew all the garments.

The production designer doesn't draft all the schematics....

There's a major difference between not being physically able to do it all, and not having the chops to do all aspects of your craft. 

Zimmer would employ ghostwriters and orchestrators and a dozen other people no matter how much time you give him. 

12 hours ago, LSH said:

Wow. Some people are far too easy to impress.

You could put that track on one of Blofeld's Thunderball conference chairs and press the relevant button, and it still wouldn't be 'electrifying'.   

On 9/24/2020 at 4:48 PM, gkgyver said:

There's a major difference between not being physically able to do it all, and not having the chops to do all aspects of your craft. 

Zimmer would employ ghostwriters and orchestrators and a dozen other people no matter how much time you give him. 

But they don't have the chops to all aspects of their craft. There is nothing wrong with that. Directors don't have the chops to write music for their films or the visual effects. That is why they use composers and VFX houses. And there is nothing wrong with that. Zimmer uses ghost writers but so do most composers in the industry. You act like Zimmer is only one employing ghost writers. I mean, a lot of singers do not write songs or produce the videos, etc. You do what you are good at. 

Why bother rebutting the no- nothings?*

They are part of the cult that hates Zimmer, merely because he supplanted JW as King of Soundtracks.

Cultists need deprogramming before they can be reasoned with.

*I put him on ignore. So, please don't quote the moron. I'm begging you! 😆

So, do scores by Tangerine Dream not count because they are  a group of musicians?

7 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Marco Beltrami is more guilty of the use of ghost writers than almost everyone in the industry. The guy probably hasn't scored a movie on his own since the 2000s.

Source?

Btw if all these great scores are actually composed by ghosts, why aren't THEY being hired as lead composers for films?

5 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Source?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Beltrami#Film

Since 2018 every score of his have at least one co-composer. And that's when they receive official credit, if you check his other scores, you'll see that he used ghost writers in almost every single one of them.

I doubt Lucasfilm would let Mangold use Beltrami, not when Williams is still available. It would be the same thing as letting Giacchino to score the J.J. Abrams directed Star Wars movies and Nathan Johnson score The Last Jedi. 

On 9/28/2020 at 2:47 PM, Edmilson said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Beltrami#Film

Since 2018 every score of his have at least one co-composer. And that's when they receive official credit, if you check his other scores, you'll see that he used ghost writers in almost every single one of them.

They're credited in the booklets though. Ghostwriters, as the name suggests, wouldn't receive a credit.

Karol

34 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

Please don't start that bs discussion again. The cover says Hans Zimmer. When major parts of the score are by other people, print "Music by Remote Control Pictures" or "Music by Hans Zimmer's Remote Control Pictures", but not "Music by Hans Zimmer". That's a class A lie. 

Without getting back into this debate again - yep. If a cover says 'Music by ABC', and 'ABC' hasn't scored the vast majority of the score, then the credit is innaccurate.

And before the RPC Defenders come piling in, that should apply to any composer. If it turned out that Batu Sener had composed 60% of CotW, I'd be unimpressed with Powell.

1 hour ago, gkgyver said:

Please don't start that bs discussion again. The cover says Hans Zimmer. When major parts of the score are by other people, print "Music by Remote Control Pictures" or "Music by Hans Zimmer's Remote Control Pictures", but not "Music by Hans Zimmer". That's a class A lie. 

Who's listed in fine print in the booklet alongside the 9th violinist and 3rd orchestrator isn't "credit". 

It's not a discussion. I'm just stating plain facts.

Karol