Hans Zimmer's NO TIME TO DIE (2021)

Faleel

On 03/10/2021 at 4:21 AM, DrTenma said:

I liked a lot, finally a Zimmer score for a franchise where he adapts to the movie, and not the movie to his style. I love they used some On Her Majesty’s Secret Service themes.

I was going to say this

35 minutes ago, Anthony said:

The only unreleased cue I want is when

Hide contents

Bond is getting ready to leave Safin's island and the warship fires the missiles

Gave me Arnold's Tomorrow Never Dies vibes

Hopefully the score works better in the film which I'm very much looking forward to. This is pretty shite music and I say that as someone who has loved Zimmer's other works. Quite disappointed with this effort and his for Dune. Over-produced, soulless, just evokes no feeling whatsoever. Zimmer had Mazzaro work on this too. Yikes.

21 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Gave me Arnold's Tomorrow Never Dies vibes

Yeah that seems like the only unreleased piece I want too. Saw the film last night. It’s a decent send-off for Craig. 

I will say I absolutely adore the section from “Matera” at 1:36 - an arrangement of the bridge from the song - the “was I stupid to love you…” bit. Those dissonant string suspensions. VERY Thomas Newman. A nice little nod. 

Anyone else think Newman would have knocked the “Final Ascent” scene out of the park? Imagine something like “Night Window” or even juiced-up Bondian versions of “ Coffee on the Mile” or “The Driver”. I feel it would have been much more interesting and emotionally involving rather than the standard “Time” knockoff we got for that cue. 

Gripe aside. The score was fun. 

54 minutes ago, WampaRat said:

Yeah that seems like the only unreleased piece I want too. Saw the film last night. It’s a decent send-off for Craig. 

I will say I absolutely adore the section from “Matera” at 1:36 - an arrangement of the bridge from the song - the “was I stupid to love you…” bit. Those dissonant string suspensions. VERY Thomas Newman. A nice little nod. 

Anyone else think Newman would have knocked the “Final Ascent” scene out of the park? Imagine something like “Night Window” or even juiced-up Bondian versions of “ Coffee on the Mile” or “The Driver”. I feel it would have been much more interesting and emotionally involving rather than the standard “Time” knockoff we got for that cue. 

Gripe aside. The score was fun. 

I'll be honest here. I don't think Newman knocked anything "out of the park" in the last 20 years (Maybe Angels in America). But the biggest irony to what you said is, in the very same score you mentioned with "Night Window," he practically copied "Journey to the Line" even more completely with "Sixteen Hundred Men." He couldn't come up with something more interesting in that score, are we so sure can could have in this one?

On 08/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, Anthony said:

The only unreleased cue I want is when

Reveal hidden contents

Actually, this is a lie.

I also want the

Spoiler

Vesper theme and the WHATTITW reprise at the end

1 hour ago, MedigoScan said:

I still think Thomas Newman did an okay job with the action music for Skyfall, though he does reuse a lot of it in both movies.

I agree. For a composer who is generally uninterested in scoring action films I think Newman wrote some pretty engaging action music. The opening chase in Skyfall is brilliantly scored IMO.

Sorry Tiburon but Hanz Zimmer is  a quite successful but  his music is poor.

On 09/10/2021 at 9:21 PM, Mephariel said:

I'll be honest here. I don't think Newman knocked anything "out of the park" in the last 20 years (Maybe Angels in America). But the biggest irony to what you said is, in the very same score you mentioned with "Night Window," he practically copied "Journey to the Line" even more completely with "Sixteen Hundred Men." He couldn't come up with something more interesting in that score, are we so sure can could have in this one?

That cue is definitely carbon copy of Journey, but it's surely more likely that Mendes temped it, and then just wanted exactly the same from Newman.

It might be that I'm too trusting of composers, but I reckon he'd have come up with something really good if Mendes had asked him to and given him freedom. I suspect that composers don't get that too often.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking around on the web (and here on the forum) but I can't yet seem to find the chronological order for this score. :blink: Probably it is already in chronological sequence on the CD, except for the title song? Where does that go, after Square Escape perhaps (I haven't had the chance to go see the movie yet)?