mrbellamy

Martin Scorsese’s THE IRISHMAN (2019)

7 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Unless Silence is an exception (still haven’t seen it), Scorsese has been mostly dull this past decade. 

If it's anything, I think Silence is probably his best film of the past decade. Not sure if it'll change your mind about dullness though.

Interesting. I have been to the cinemas 16 times last year (3 more than 2018, but 4 less than 2017), but only watched two out of the six movies nominated on this pic, Joker and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

1917 was not released in my country yet, Parasite was only in a handful of screens and my city wasn't one of the chosen ones by Netflix that would receive Irishman on theaters.

This year I think I'm going to go less and less to the theaters. It's very expensive, and most movies coming out in 2020 looks like a woeful waste of time. I can't understand people paying large sums of money to watch the Mulan remake or Fast and Furious 9 on the opening weekend, but anyway.

7 hours ago, Edmilson said:

This year I think I'm going to go less and less to the theaters. It's very expensive, and most movies coming out in 2020 looks like a woeful waste of time. I can't understand people paying large sums of money to watch the Mulan remake or Fast and Furious 9 on the opening weekend, but anyway.

Dune will be this year's highlight!

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Dune will be this year's highlight!

I love Villeneuve's movies, so that one I won't miss, much like Tenet. That said, even taking those two into account I don't think I'll go to the movies more than a few times this year. :(