2019 FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION studio sites (featuring music)

thx99

Just now, Richard Penna said:

My god, we're here again already?! 2019 is disappearing fast.

Sony posted an FYC site for Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood, so I figured it was as good a time as any to create the thread.  No music, yet, but it'll come in time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Weird that the FYC for A Hidden Life includes the existing classical pieces since those would only detract from its Oscar qualification.

Yes, I noticed that, too, and thought it strange.  Maybe BAFTA and Golden Globes don't have the same restrictions imposed by the Academy?

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Weird that the FYC for A Hidden Life includes the existing classical pieces since those would only detract from its Oscar qualification.

Seems to me like it’s just an early album master that was uploaded to the site. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Balahkay said:

When will Disney need to put up TROS before it’s considered?

I believe everything has to be entered in by November 12

• 2 weeks later...

Odd that IT Chapter Two is also up for Best Original Score yet hasn't been done yet, unless they're doing it in batches. Though I won't hold my breath for anything more than the OST.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

The OST is already pretty big imho, and I think it contains almost everything.

IT 1 almost had everything but It Chapter 2 is much longer (the film is 169 minutes and the OST is 101 minutes).

Plus I really want the uncut version of Spider Attack.

On 11/2/2019 at 11:28 AM, thx99 said:

Regardless of what the rules are, I wouldn't expect anything from TROS to be up on the site until the day of the film's release. I think that's how it's been with TFA, TLJ, and Rogue One, if I recall correctly.

But as it stands now, Disney hasn't posted anything (music or otherwise) on their primary FYC page for the five films they already have listed. I hope that changes soon, if only that it'll bode well for TROS. They have always come through in the past so let's hope that nothing changes in that regard.

I see Disney has updated the five films.  Still no downloads or TROS, though.  As you said, TROS probably won't be up until it's released.

The FYC of The Hidden World is smaller than the OST even discounting that Jonsi song, but there is maybe a few unreleased cues? Or maybe film versions? I don't know if the OST has alternate material. But I'll check this out as soon as I have time.

On 11/14/2019 at 7:21 PM, thx99 said:

Figured that Scoorge McWB would still not shell out anything more than the OSTs

18 hours ago, Edmilson said:

The FYC of The Hidden World is smaller than the OST even discounting that Jonsi song, but there is maybe a few unreleased cues? Or maybe film versions? I don't know if the OST has alternate material. But I'll check this out as soon as I have time.

Damn, it's still missing the cue right after The Hidden World with the theme played on horns. Grrr....

1 hour ago, MedigoScan said:

Figured that Scoorge McWB would still not shell out anything more than the OSTs

Considering their history with FYCs, we should count ourselves lucky to get more than 30-second samples.

1 minute ago, Arpy said:

@thx99 Is there any way to save the tracks from universal's website?

Yes. You can copy/paste the group of links I’ve posted into download software like “JDownloader2”. Or right-click/“save as” on each of the links (more time-consuming).

1 hour ago, Bofur01 said:

2 unreleased cues and, as far as I could tell, an extension to Armada Battle which was re-recorded from the 2nd film’s score - check my post in the HTTYD3 topic!

Thanks, I'll check it out!

I already posted this on The Hidden World thread, but I'll just put it in here too:

I did a quick breakdown of how the OST and the FYC compare to each other, and there's about 2 minutes of previously unreleased music. The FYC is the film version of many of the cues, but there are a couple of tracks that have some fragments removed from the FYC, even though they appear in the film (tracks 2 and 11 from the OST).

The highlighted tracks are the ideal film version playlist, and they were the same, I highlighted the OST version.

OST vs FYC

Darn, I was hoping for more Downton Abbey music. At least there are some clean beginnings/endings for cues, which we didn't have before because some were blended together on the album. I'm interested in how the 5.1 mix will look in December once it comes out on DVD since the show was recorded in only two channels. Hopefully it won't have much background noise.

NEW SCORES AVAILABLE

Focus Features  LINK 1 or 2

Walt Disney  LINK 1 or 2

Thanks again, to @dylanskie for the heads-up on Frozen II!!

14 hours ago, dylanskie said:

Frozen II was added tonight: https://disneystudiosawards.com/frozen2-score.html

I haven't listened to the score yet, but it looks like there's only one additional track in here.

That's right, "Fireside Chat"

On November 20, 2019 at 8:29 AM, thx99 said:

Well we have the link, we just can't get in. :P

On 11/20/2019 at 8:29 AM, thx99 said:

So United Artists dropped the password protection and shifted their on-line FYC tracks to Spotify. But it seems to be just the commercial release (though I didn’t research it at all).

3 minutes ago, Gistech said:

There's nothing on it yet, but WB have put up the Score page for It Chapter 2.

https://www.wbawards.com/score/?film=it2

Yeah, it seems WB has created placeholder pages for the scores they haven't posted yet.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:59 AM, dylanskie said:

Frozen II was added tonight: https://disneystudiosawards.com/frozen2-score.html

I haven't listened to the score yet, but it looks like there's only one additional track in here.

That's actually part of the track Iduna's Scarf from the OST. The FYC has two sections of the track, with the rendition of the Vueliè Theme missing.

The other difference is that the FYC does not have the first 20 seconds of The Flood and the track Epilogue is missing. I suppose because of the use of previous material.

On 11/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, Knight of Ren said:

That's actually part of the track Iduna's Scarf from the OST. The FYC has two sections of the track, with the rendition of the Vueliè Theme missing.

The other difference is that the FYC does not have the first 20 seconds of The Flood and the track Epilogue is missing. I suppose because of the use of previous material.

Thanks for pointing that out. I still haven't listened to the album, but I'll update my iTunes accordingly. I did notice that extended version of "The Flood" when I compared the tracks, though. When I listen to it, I'll have to see if I recognize any themes from the previous movie. Beck had some great themes in the first one, especially the Anna/Elsa theme.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:40 PM, dylanskie said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I still haven't listened to the album, but I'll update my iTunes accordingly. I did notice that extended version of "The Flood" when I compared the tracks, though. When I listen to it, I'll have to see if I recognize any themes from the previous movie. Beck had some great themes in the first one, especially the Anna/Elsa theme.

Anna/Elsa's theme gets a new rendition in Sisters, of course Vuelie appears again, and Elsa's Danger Theme? (from the tracks Sorcery & Whiteout) gets some nice new renditions.

Of the new themes, the most memorable were the Enchanted Forest Theme (in the track the Northuldra for example) and a new theme for Elsa, maybe representing her recently discovered magic side (in Dark Sea or The Flood). And also, there are more interjection between songs and score this time around, especially with the song All is Found.