2019 FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION studio sites (featuring music)

thx99

Are they gonna upload some zip file again? Lol

It's strange that you need the direct link for Frozen 2's score page, it's not found anywhere on their site unless you know that web address.. I hope that's not what they do with the rest of their scores.

Perhaps obviously, the only music Disney is campaigning for The Lion King are the new songs by Elton John and Beyonce, but not for Zimmer's score. Considering much of it is based on the 1994 score, it would probably be disqualified anyway, which is unfortunate, I would like an FYC for the score. The movie has a lot of score, much of it is not on the OST.

Just now, Lockdown said:

Are they gonna upload some zip file again? Lol

:) Not sure!  TLJ was a weird one, starting out with a ZIP, shifting to direct MP3 links, and then streaming MP3s, as I recall.

Just now, Lockdown said:

It's strange that you need the direct link for Frozen 2's score page, it's not found anywhere on their site unless you know that web address.. I hope that's not what they do with the rest of their scores.

I agree it's strange about the Frozen 2 score not being explicitly linked!! Maybe @dylanskie can provide some insight on how he found the score page? :) I usually poke around the pages to find music (Beltrami's score for A Quiet Place was another one that was somewhat buried on the Paramount site, as I recall), but I would never have found the Frozen 2 one.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:39 PM, Knight of Ren said:

Anna/Elsa's theme gets a new rendition in Sisters, of course Vuelie appears again, and Elsa's Danger Theme? (from the tracks Sorcery & Whiteout) gets some nice new renditions.

Of the new themes, the most memorable were the Enchanted Forest Theme (in the track the Northuldra for example) and a new theme for Elsa, maybe representing her recently discovered magic side (in Dark Sea or The Flood). And also, there are more interjection between songs and score this time around, especially with the song All is Found.

Interesting! I always liked Anna and Elsa's theme. And that's great to hear that Elsa's "Danger Theme" has some new renditions because "Sorcery" is one of the best songs in the movie. I'm also looking forward to the new themes. Now I just need to go see the film, which people have said is really good. I'm not the biggest fan of all the mushy Disney movies, but they definitely have some good ones, like Frozen. Of course all of them have great scores to go along with them!

When I compared the waveforms, I saw two different things. The FYC version of "Earth Giants" has a different string and flute section between about :12 and :33, and the OST version sounds like an insert, so the FYC version is probably the original version. And in "Dark Sea," the horns on the FYC version come in about three seconds later than the OST version. There's just a longer pause on the FYC.

11 hours ago, thx99 said:

I agree it's strange about the Frozen 2 score not being explicitly linked!! Maybe @dylanskie can provide some insight on how he found the score page? :) I usually poke around the pages to find music (Beltrami's score for A Quiet Place was another one that was somewhat buried on the Paramount site, as I recall), but I would never have found the Frozen 2 one.

Christophe Beck tweeted a link to it!

I might've been able to find it if he hadn't and if I knew it existed because the URL is pretty easy to guess :) I'm not sure why there isn't a link on the website, though. It's possible they sent it to Beck to look at before they wanted it out there, and then he tweeted it without realizing. However, it's more probable to me that whoever manages the site either made a mistake or hasn't gotten around to uploading it yet. Who knows.

To be fair I think a lot of those people are there for "best ensemble" type awards

Someone with too much time on their hands should try variations of "Star Wars Rise of Skywalker Score" as a URL extension like the Frozen 2 FYC and see if they can get anything :P 

2 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Someone with too much time on their hands should try variations of "Star Wars Rise of Skywalker Score" as a URL extension like the Frozen 2 FYC and see if they can get anything :P 

What makes you think that none of us are doing that already? :lol2:

There's now a dedicated thread to discuss the TROS FYC album, it's here:

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30975-rise-of-the-skywalker-for-your-consideration-fyc-album-now-available-no-film-spoilers-allowed/

Post all thoughts on this FYC album there, and not in this thread.  BUT!  Remember to LIKE @thx99's posts in THIS thread first, for finding this gem for all us!

Thank you THX99!!!

5 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Git er done thx

@mrbellamy, do you approve of me “git‘in er done”? 😉

3 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

Anyone know if Avengers Endgame FYC is out and have any different music?  Links?

Haven’t seen anything yet at the Disney site, nor on eBay CD-wise.

For a week or so, I had been tinkering with various direct links to MP3 files (based on past file names, the Frozen II links, etc.) but hadn’t really tried variations of the score site link. After your post earlier today, I tried about half a dozen variations and WHAM, struck gold on the last one I tried!! So thanks for the motivation, @mrbellamy!!

3 minutes ago, thx99 said:

For a week or so, I had been tinkering with various direct links to MP3 files (based on past file names, the Frozen II links, etc.) but hadn’t really tried variations of the score site link. After your post earlier today, I tried about half a dozen variations and WHAM, struck gold on the last one I tried!! So thanks for the motivation, @mrbellamy!!

I am proud to be the Mickey to your Rocky!!!

DyP36vUX0AAQoRy.jpg

WOW!  On the other side of the world I wake up and lo behold! 

Just barely skimmed through the cues at the expense of spoilers in the midst of them all. A musical motif and development made some unexpected revelations which I wont say here but damn! 

Somebody at the FYC Academy is going to get the brunt of it all. The Youtube video is still on until some one looks into it.

My first impression matches what most of the folks have said. It retains the new edgy dark writings from the new installments. Every cue is interesting but I'am going to reserve my feelings for the final product when it comes out and of course the film experience. 

Disney reinstated the FYC site for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and changed the names of the MP3 files, thereby changing the links.  The "new" MP3 files are bit-for-bit identical to the original MP3 files, so no need to re-download them.  I have added the new links to the initial post above and removed the defunct status of the site.

I've noticed that the FYC of Newman's 1917 is also considerably different from the commercial soundtrack. I'm hoping the latter "beats" the FYC material, because I wasn't as blown away by this as seemingly everyone else.

3 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Is there any way to find past years FYC music via the Internet Wayback Machine? I'm a bit late the party having only caught on in 2015 :(

Yes, it is possible in some cases, but it's very hit and miss.  You could start with entering the studio sites' links into archive.org and see what snapshots there are pre-2015.  But it'll take time and may lead to dead ends.

Quickly, I put "paramountguilds.com" into archive.org and was able to pull up a few things:

2012:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130828132017im_/http://www.paramountguilds.com/music/flight/13.mp3

2013:
https://web.archive.org/web/20131204040646/http://www.paramountguilds.com/nebraska/#url=score

https://web.archive.org/web/20131204040646/http://www.paramountguilds.com/music/nebraska/1.mp3

Happy hunting!

• 3 weeks later...

NEW SCORE AVAILABLE

Netflix  LINK 1 or 2

I've updated the award nominees listings above as well.

2 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Will it undefunct now that Williams has been nominated for an Oscar?

Well, with Netflix just now posting Newman's Marriage Story, it's possible that Disney will re-activate the TROS files.  Stay tuned!

4 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Any link for Avengers Endgame yet?  

No, unfortunately not.  And doubtful we'll see one, given it wasn't nominated (was it even eligible?).