James Bond is better than everything

Jay

How about ... 'James Bond is better than everything or nothing'?

It's what EON (the name of the production company that produces the Bonds) stands for and also the name of the '04 Bond Playstation game 'starring' Brosnan. So he did get to play him a fifth time, sort of.  

4 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

How about ... 'James Bond is better than everything or nothing'?

It's what EON (the name of the production company that produces the Bonds) stands for and also the name of the '04 Bond Playstation game 'starring' Brosnan. So he did get to play him a fifth time, sort of.  

It's also a damn accurate statement!

Been catching little bits and pieces of Roger Moore Bond flicks on Pluto randomly lately.  Holy hell, those films sure are QUITE different from the Connery, Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig ones!

Well again I've only seen bits and pieces, but he looks and acts quite different, not really charming or debonair, just kinda silly, and with bad hair..... and he seems decades older than all the females in the films

Yea the one I saw a bit of it was clearly thinning out and they were trying to hide it by feathering it out or whatever it's called.  It looked bad.  I don't know which film it was

38 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

I meant I want to buy a James Bond CD. Either starting with a compilation, or, forget that and start collecting the movies #2-#6 OSTs

Moviola II.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Yea the one I saw a bit of it was clearly thinning out and they were trying to hide it by feathering it out or whatever it's called.  It looked bad.  I don't know which film it was

I never saw any bald spots on him. He might have been using a wig by the end of his run though.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Caught some From Russia WIth Love on Pluto last night.  Love the old derby hats!

Jason, actually sit down and watch some of these films, from back to front! Some of them are rather good.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:20 AM, TheUlyssesian said:

His best themes are probably Body Heat, Midnight Cowboy, Born Free, Lion in Winter and the Bond themes.

How can you leave out Out of Africa?

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Wow, check out Pierce Brosnan these days.  Guess he's officially an old man now.  Even wearing the tinted glasses like Roger Moore did for the last couple decades!

Nothing makes one look as old as tinted glasses.

That's the one with the underwater plane wreck and scubadiving, right? And the eyepatch guy!

Then he strikes... Like thunderbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall!

I've only seen each of the Bonds once, about 10 years ago, and I can remember this much about it, it can't be that bad!

Pierce looks good. I haven't seen him in anything since Die Another Day, at which point he still looked about the same as he did the first time we all saw him in Mrs. Doubtfire. I'd seen apparently bs clickbait stories about him wanting Bond to be played by a woman and I guess this was the source? He seems like a real down to Earth guy. He was an awesome 007.

On 20. September 2019 at 8:40 PM, Disco Stu said:

Wait, who says Thunderball is great?  One of the most boring in the whole franchise!

Uuh, no.

Great locations, great Connery, great girls, great villain, great score.

13 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I want one more Austin Powers.  At 56, Myers is now the perfect age to poke fun at Roger Moore in his Octopussy-View to a Kill period. 

Myers once mooted the idea of having a new Powers flick come out in every year a new Bond one did, although that would've meant another four with an upcoming fifth and maybe the joke would've worn thinner than Connery's hair. 

• 3 weeks later...

Because I love Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies but don’t really like TWINE and DAD, I guess I wish Bruce Feirstein had gotten more shots at Bond.  I must say I’ve never been a fan of Purvis and Wade, they have two good Bond movies that I don’t like as much as conventional wisdom and 4 I don’t really like at all. I hope their association with the franchise is coming to an end after No Time to Die.

Anyway I’m watching TND and Pryce is still my NUMBER ONE Bond baddie ever.