OBI-WAN KENOBI (Disney+ series)

Confirmed-ish.  It’s in three trades, so likely true.  Trades reported Tatiana Maslany was cast in Rogue One, and now I am an angry old man and don’t trust them.  I’ll believe it when it’s on Star Wars Dot Com.

The article doesn’t seem to confirm that this is “definitely” happening.

Until it is definitely confirmed that it is happening, it is definitely confirmed that it could also not be happening.

The name of the show should just be BEN, since that's what his character's name will have to be throughout.

If anyone calls him Obi-Wan, his line in Star Wars "that's a name I've not heard in a long time" will look silly.

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

If anyone calls him Obi-Wan, his line in Star Wars "that's a name I've not heard in a long time" will look silly.

Silly?  Do you think they care?  They had the great American hero himself, Luke Skywalker, drink gross milk from the gross breasts of a gross creature!

1 minute ago, SteveMc said:

Silly?  Do you think they care?  They had the great American hero himself, Luke Skywalker, drink gross milk from the gross breasts of a gross creature!

Hardly the grossest thing we've seen Luke do!

1455444187-movies-lukeleia.jpg?resize=48

Some sort of Obi-Wan project has been in the works for a couple of years now. I believe a script was even in the works for a spinoff before it was abandoned. Ewan McGregor has also said that he'd love to reprise the role at any opportunity. Heck, he even had a five-word voice cameo in The Force Awakens. He was seen sporting the beard a while back too. I'm generally excited about this and although it's just in talks I believe that all parties are quite willing to make this happen. Besides, it's the biggest news we've had about it in 16 months.

Case in point, I'm not going to pooh-pooh this. As much as I'm on board for The Mandalorian, an Obi-Wan series definetly sparks my interest a lot more.

2 years later and people still don’t get that milking scene in TLJ. Luke was intentionally trying to gross out Rey. Her reaction is hilarious. 

9 minutes ago, Quintus said:

It's only retroactively gross though. At the time he was perfectly justified in have a stonking veiny lob-on for feisty Leia.

So you dont believe Lucas always intended Luke and Leia to be siblings?

;)

23 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It's also just the kind of quirky detail that has no bearing on the plot but gives the movie character.  The kind of thing that was largely missing from Force Awakens, as breathlessly entertaining and quick-paced as that movie is.

It's nowhere near as "bad" as the Master eating goat-testacles in the Desolation of Smaug EE.

13 minutes ago, mstrox said:

He milks it by hand like you'd milk a cow, and then swigs from a jug.  I'm pretty sure there was never any Tom-Green-level sucking.

but wouldnt luke have used the force to massage the milk out??? smh ruin johnson doesnt understnd star wars

I hate the milking scene in TLJ along with a lot of other scenes in that movie.

There are too many “cringe moments” to make up for the moments that are actually good, leaving you with a “bad feeling” after seeing it.

But I see a lot of people defending TLJ, in spite of it being “out of line” with what we’ve, so far, should come to expect from characters and the “SW universe” in general. And the people defending it, I think they read much too much in to a lot of it when most of it is just bad, pure and simple.

The best thing about the movie is the score.

Because him immediately choosing to train this rando that happened to come across him, or even take up arms after years of self-exile and removing himself from these earthly matters would have been the lamest shit ever. An arc has to have an arc to it to be an arc, a high point needs a low point so it can actually be a high point in relation to something. If you really don't like it, blame JJ for setting up something that couldn't really have been continued well in many other ways.

I agree with Disco Stu!

Eh, he had a hell of a great arc already in the OT.

Rey did not “happen to come across him;” he was the MacGuffin for the whole previous movie. And Rey was not a “rando” to him — in TFA, Rey has a minor arc about yearning for her parents, which Maz resolves by telling her that Luke is the familial anchor she seeks.

For my money, Rey’s arc was shortchanged by Luke hogging the stage in TLJ. The problem of Rey is that she was just all the way awesome all the time in TFA, so, she needed a low point in TLJ in order to fight back in TRoS. Instead, all that happens to her in TLJ is another speedbump which is basically her TFA arc reopened, since Luke apparently did not turn out to be family or really help her at all to know her place. Of course, none of this stops her from being all the way awesome and powerful and wise all the time. Which is still completely unexplained.

1 minute ago, Pellaeon said:

Rey did not “happen to come across him;” he was the MacGuffin for the whole previous movie

Sorry, I forgot Luke watched TFA.

2 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

And Rey was not a “rando” to him — in TFA, Rey has a minor arc about yearning for her parents, which Maz resolves by telling her that Luke is the familial anchor she seeks.

Hell of an assumption based off of an intentionally completely vague answer.

2 hours ago, rough cut said:

But I see a lot of people defending criticizing TLJ, in spite of it being “out of in line” with what we’ve, so far, should come to expect from characters and the “SW universe” in general. And the people defending criticizing it, I think they read much too much in to a lot of it when most of it is just bad fine, pure and simple.

This is pretty much how I feel lmao. 

We can all like different things, and that’s ok. I am not criticizing anyone who enjoys the movie. Like what you like, mate!

But, jeez, I’m pretty sure that the general consensus - as in a majority of those who saw TLJ - thought that it had too many bad moments to be considered a good film.

In in case anyone forgot some of the bad stuff that was in there...

But ok, ok, topic’s about OB-1 The Series. Yup, looking forward to it, I guess.