OBI-WAN KENOBI (Disney+ series)

If I understand well... Grogu is the star of The Mandalorian... and Vader will be the Star of the Kenobi series, right?

I cancel my subscription tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Romão said:

Hayden doesn't have the build, the height, the walk nor the voice to play Darth Vader. Does this even make any sense?

If they were doing flashbacks, then it would make perfect sense. If he's literally playing Darth Vader (with mask) than it makes no sense. If he's going to be helmeted 100% of the time, they could've just gotten anyone.

Personally I didn't (and still don't) want to see Vader in this show. I feel having them meet/fight again after ROTS diminishes their meeting in ANH.

1 minute ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

If they were doing flashbacks, then it would make perfect sense. If he's literally playing Darth Vader (with mask) than it makes no sense. If he's going to be helmeted 100% of the time, they could've just gotten anyone.

Personally I didn't (and still don't) want to see Vader in this show. I feel having them meet/fight again after ROTS diminishes their meeting in ANH.

I don't think there's any way then can meet in this show. It would just completely contradict their dialogue in ANH. But all these shows and character appearances just dilute the whole thing, in my view. New Star Wars live action, no matter how crappy the final product was, was always an event. Not anymore

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 1:28 AM, Romão said:

Hayden doesn't have the build, the height, the walk nor the voice to play Darth Vader. Does this even make any sense?

Yeah. If he's just playing Darth Vader, it makes no sense whatsoever.

He's playing an Anakin clone, made with Baby Yoda's blood. You heard it here first.

The only thing season 1 or 2 tells us about The Child's origins is that he is 50 years old, though that's just something one character said about him, who knows if its true or not

50 years before the time of the show is either purposely or coincidentally right around when Anakin was born

Basically everything is on the table including him being related to Yoda, not being related to Yoda, being a clone of Yoda, etc.  Who knows what they'll tell us in future seasons

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I was okay with the idea of the show until it was announced that Vader would be in it. That makes absolutely no sense.

I think it pretty much necessary. In A New Hope Vader thinks Obi-Wan is dead so does the Empire but at the end of Revenge of the Sith, Vader is defeated by Obi-Wan. Logically Vader should keep thinking that Obi is alive and not dead. THere is a little piece of information missing here and that's apperently enough for Disney to make a show on it.

1 hour ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

I think it pretty much necessary. In A New Hope Vader thinks Obi-Wan is dead so does the Empire but at the end of Revenge of the Sith, Vader is defeated by Obi-Wan. Logically Vader should keep thinking that Obi is alive and not dead. THere is a little piece of information missing here and that's apperently enough for Disney to make a show on it.

Yep. There's no reason this series can't explain that plot contradiction.

Does ANH specifically state they hadn't met since the events of ROTS? Or is it just that cryptic line Vader says?

"When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

So that kind of implies there wasn't even any battle that took place between them, just Vader leaving his master.

I'm more refering to the discussion between Tarkin and Vader in which both think Obi-Wan is no more which doesn't make sense if Obi-Wan defeated Vader on Mustaphar. I mean who could have killed him after that, to me it's unlikely that Vader just do nothing about this.

9 minutes ago, Holko said:

"When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

So that kind of implies there wasn't even any battle that took place between them, just Vader leaving his master.

Plenty of wiggle room for subsequent meetings then :P

Just now, crumbs said:

The terminology "when I left you" is interesting though. That's not how I'd describe their final moments on Mustafar :lol:

Agree. It's more Obi-Wan who left him.

I would more see their last meeting with Vader letting Obi-Wan to die somewhere but at the end Obi-Wan escape without Vader to know it would explain why Vader thinks he's dead and why he "left him"

4 minutes ago, Holko said:

Well, George never bothered to watch his own movies before he explained how they happened, why should Disney, I guess?

They were happy to put their name to The Rise of Skywalker. Anything goes after that dreck.

5 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

I would more see their last meeting with Vader letting Obi-Wan to die somewhere but at the end Obi-Wan escape without Vader to know it would explain why Vader thinks he's dead and why he "left him"

Yeah I suspect the show will build to another confrontation between the two, but Vader will kick his ass and leave him for dead (returning the favour).

Presumably they won't get James Earl Jones involved, so we'll probably see lots of Vader unmasked. I can envisage plenty of TLJ-style Force-communication between the two (until Obi-Wan severs the link, maybe by cutting himself off from the Force).

2 hours ago, AC1 said:

Yes, I remember her, she played the wife of Lucius Vorenus in Rome.

varma_indira_rome_34803l.jpg

Rome was a show way ahead of its time. It would have been massive in a post GoT world. But GoT probably wouldn’t have existed without Rome. 

12 minutes ago, Romão said:

Vader meeting Obi-Wan between ROTS and ANH is a lousy, money grabbing idea. And it robs the impact of their meeting in ANH.

"I sense something, a presence I have not felt since two weeks ago"

I initially hoped it would be something like Mando S2E1, westernesque, relatively small scale, dealing with the locals, watching over Luke from a distance, dealing with PTSD. The Hayden and Vader news are just making me care less and less.

36 minutes ago, Holko said:

I initially hoped it would be something like Mando S2E1, westernesque, relatively small scale, dealing with the locals, watching over Luke from a distance, dealing with PTSD. The Hayden and Vader news are just making me care less and less.

Please no, not another Mando s2 stuff. I'm okay with the S1 because you don't care about any Star Wars events but that's it.

9 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

I'm okay with the S1 because you don't care about any Star Wars events but that's it.

Huh?

What I mean is that in season 2 we're back with (spoilers ahead)

Spoiler

Boba, Luke, R5 (WTF)

characters that already exist and have a story. I didn't like s2 because they didn't care in it about the previous narrative arc of those characters.

Spoilers on Mando s2 below:

Spoiler

If I recall correctly the story happens 5 years after Return of the Jedi so why Boba (one of the greatest bounty hunter of all time) takes so much time to find back his armour where Mando only takes few days!

I think Hayden Christensen being in it must mean that he'll be playing a clone of Anakin Skywalker. It's the only thing that makes sense. If you're just going to have him as Vader, why cast Christensen at all?

Having him be a clone would actually solve a lot of problems that the appearance creates in terms of conflicting with the established continuity and would tie in with the Emperor's cloning program. Knowing about that, it would be a surprise if he didn't try to clone Anakin.

11 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

And what if Vader kills Obi-Wan before Obi-Wan is cloned by someone else (perhaps Ahsoka) which would explain why he doesn't remember R2 in ANH when he meet it. Then the Emperor would understand that it is possible to clone someone when Vador would have told him that he fought Kenobi on the Death Star leading to the explanation of the Emperor's absence in ESB where he would be trying to clone himself instead of chasing Luke with Vader.

giphy.gif