OBI-WAN KENOBI (Disney+ series)

4 hours ago, Mattris said:

Something doesn't smell right. Could it be an April Fool's joke... or another Ewan McGregor lie*?

* The actor admitted to lying for years about not knowing if he would return to play Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The real lie is that the show doesn't even exist.  That is why no composer has been announced.  Turns out Williams did not record anything.  He just passed out a list of things in his apartment.  

I expect a Star Wars announcement, tease, trailer, or release on May 4th and 25th... but Episode X will not come out on either of those dates.

Disney/Lucasfilm have put a great deal of focus on the Kenobi show. Before its premiere, I seriously doubt they will change that strategy or attempt to alter public perception... because they already have the public right where they want them.

No. It’s a setup. George Lucas only sold Star Wars to secure capitol for the purposes of cloning Sir Alec Guinness to appear in the sequel-sequel trilogy. Obviously the cloned Guinness will be revealed in the series!

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Aren't we supposed to keep this nonsense contained in the disenchantment thread?

Ngl I saw Mattris' post on the last page and literally thought that this was the Disenchantment thread. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Andy said:

New promo art has surfaced

Reveal hidden contents

I have an idea for a series about Luke Skywalker set 10 years before A New Hope.  He goes on a heroic journey and then blows up a Death Star at the end.  

It's certainly more than plausible that in-universe Vader would go through multiple iterations of the suit over time.  Like how a person who doesn't have use of their legs will change wheelchairs every so often.

55 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Is this just a poorly researched/worded article? As far as I can tell, there's nothing new here that we didn't already know.

The ScreenRant dot com Story

It’s some unofficial source that took the ~20 second Instagram ad and looped it/framed it to make it much longer, maybe to monetize or to dodge Disney taking it down??

The Inquisitor... I would have thought they would have reduced the size of his head a bit, you know, with CGI.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Any Williams or Holt music in that trailer?

Almost entirely generic trailer music trash, with only two (poor) references to Williams material (DOTF and Imperial March).

Not a fan of lady inquisitor's vocal stylings, I thought all Imperials had a British accent?

She has some moves though.

I can’t speak for the video game ones, but some of the previous Inquisitors had American accents or at least non-British accents in animation.

8 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Not a fan of lady inquisitor's vocal stylings, I thought all Imperials had a British accent?

She has some moves though.

A lot of Inquisitors are converted Jedi Padawans so I’d expect a diverse amount of accents

You can't run, Obi Wan!!! You can't escape him!!!

This is a sign that it's going to be bad. The reason why Lucas' villains such as Darth Vader (OT), Boba Fett and Darth Maul were cool and menacing is because they were confident and quiet. 

18 hours ago, crumbs said:

Almost entirely generic trailer music trash, with only two (poor) references to Williams material (DOTF and Imperial March).

What if...this is the actual score from the series? 😉

Karol

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly is the purpose of linking to a post from a year ago I clearly didn't read or remember if I did?  Are you chastising me for not having read or not remembering every single post on the forum?  How is it relevant to my reaction that somebody, somewhere, at some time did know that Kumail was in the show?  You do it fairly often, and I'm never sure what you're trying to communicate.

I just liked the nice graphic someone put together with the cast.  Nothing deeper than that!

Some french guys on the "internet" are wondering why Obi-Wan calls Vader simply "Darth" when he met him in Star Wars '77.

It's clear that's only for making him angry.

Darth! Don't call me Darth!

How much did AlphaGo Zero cost?

Obi Wan GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I think very few people outside the Sith Club knows what "Darth" is really used for.

Yoda called Palpatine "Darth Sidious" at the end of ROTS (I don't remember exactly where he found that name), and Obi-Wan watched a bit of a security video where he see Palpatine calling Anakin "Lord Vader".

All this to say, that in the series, when Obi-Wan wil hear about a certain "Vader", he'll automatically make the link with Anakin... He'll just be very very very shocked to discover he's still alive!

image.png

Obi-Wan learned Sidious' name from Dooku in Attack of the Clones. As for the "Darth" title, it's the only time Kenobi or any other character refers to Vader as such. Never considered it his first name.