"Leak" from The Rise of Skywalker ST?

waptap

Anyone want to weigh in on this "leak" from the ST to Rise of Skywalker? I can't hear the Rey theme as claimed, but kinda hear Kylo's theme (sorta)... and it does sound like it is about to go into the force theme at the abrupt ending....

https://www.reddit.com/user/some_famous_director/comments/czm4m0/tros_the_prodigal_son/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

More opinions on the validity here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/czm5um/the_rise_of_skywalker_the_prodigal_son_way_better/ 

It's fake. I'm also inclined to believe that Waptap is just u/some_famous_director trying to screw with us. Look at that karma level on his Reddit page. Lol.

As a former troll, I can say for certain that this guy is a freaking amateur.

2 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

It's fake. I'm also inclined to believe that Waptap is just u/some_famous_director trying to screw with us.

I assure you that I am not that guy (but totally get why you would think that based on being a newbie poster). I am really hoping that this is fake (hence me coming here to recruit the band geeks for opinions -- longtime lurker and John Williams fanboy personally)... I don't like this "track" one bit (especially married to the supposed bendemption scene that is implied)... but it is Williamsy enough for me to be concerned (and I do hear Kylo in there).

3 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

Some say it's Gods Of Egypt.

Definitely not from Gods of Egypt (which I think is overall vastly superior to this track)

I don't hear any of the themes.

But, the little embellish at 0:53 does sound like a touch John would make.  Overall, however, it sounds a tad sloppy. 

The embellishments and orchestration doesn't sound like Williams at all, especially not in Star Wars mode. Nor does the main theme, which lacks his trademark melodic hook. The choir sounds synthy as well.

43 minutes ago, Tom said:

Possible leaks will come in the next couple of months that might lead to interesting discussions.  This is not one of them.  

Well, Tom, I find it interesting.

2 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Leaking supposed Star Wars music seems like a concept that exists only as something a fan would think up to do in order to try and mess with people on the Internet but that nobody actually involved within a professional capacity to the music creation process would ever actually think of doing.

You know what I mean? Like, I can't think of anybody who is that closely involved to that aspect of production, somebody who has earned the very esteemed and exclusive privilege to be a part of that process and work with Williams either through their experience and professionalism or what have you, would ever think of leaking something like that. It's also so much easier to track back the source on a leak like that opposed to something like a generic plot leak just because the people involved are so fewer in number. It just seems like something that could only happen through some fan trying to fool people because only a fan would think that leaking Star Wars music would be cool. 

This goes way back to the AOTC days when someone tried to pass off some Patrick Doyle track from Quest for Camelot as a new Williams piece from Episode II. It was reasonably decent music but it was hilarious that some people at TFN fell for it, and like you said, something uniquely SW-fandom.

37 minutes ago, Remco said:

I didn’t know JW used orchestra and choir samples from East West Quantum Leap these days!

Also funny how this guy claims there’s Rey’s and Kylo’s themes in there.

This!

Speaking about leaks, do you know if some of the conductor score of the last jedi or Force Awakens has leaked ?

I would love so much to have a look at them (especially last Jedi as the Hal Leonard concert score contains only the Rebelion is Reborn).

Thanks

10 hours ago, waptap said:

Well, Tom, I find it interesting.

I might have misspoke.  This might lead to an ancillary interesting discussion, but there is no way in hell this music is by Williams.  

It might be something form Star Wars Jedi: fallen Order, the new video game. I don't know who is working on that score but definitely that clip sounds closer to a VG than a John Williams score...

Has music from any SW film ever "leaked" before? Aside from official means such as teasers, specials, rides, etc., I don't recall any actual music leaking in this way before the film's release.

I'm also surprised Disney hasn't been more intense with the marketing and advertising of this film since it's going to be not only the last film of the Skywalker saga but Williams last Star Wars score as well.  Maybe they will starting next month. I'm still hopeful we'll get a short 60 minute special about the music like they did with TFA.  

10 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

This goes way back to the AOTC days when someone tried to pass off some Patrick Doyle track from Quest for Camelot as a new Williams piece from Episode II. It was reasonably decent music but it was hilarious that some people at TFN fell for it, and like you said, something uniquely SW-fandom.

10 hours ago, crumbs said:

And someone tried to pass off The Turbulent Years from Nixon as a leaked track from ROTS.

10 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Someone also tried to pass off music from Shadows of the Empire as leaked music from Episode III. Busted!

All correct. And all identified as fakes from other cues... so what is the source material for this? Lets bust them!

10 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

And someone tried to pass off the music from Rogue One as Star Wars music. 

Damn, that's harsh. You made Michael cry... :(

2 hours ago, DrTenma said:

It might be something form Star Wars Jedi: fallen Order, the new video game. I don't know who is working on that score but definitely that clip sounds closer to a VG than a John Williams score...

This is a contender right here!

10 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

This goes way back to the AOTC days when someone tried to pass off some Patrick Doyle track from Quest for Camelot as a new Williams piece from Episode II.

Further than that, even: I remember the main title combined with a bit of Bartok’s Concerto for Orchestra being shared as a supposed Episode I leak back in 1999…

14 hours ago, artguy360 said:

It's not JW music. I hope any member of this forum could listen to this "leak" and immediately arrive at the same conclusion. 

I am 99% sure that this is not Williams, but I have not drawn a conclusion. And I'm fine being the only guy in the room that isn't 100% sure... it's no fun always knowing everything and never learning anything. I'd personally just like to solve the mystery as to what soundtrack/composition this came from (I don't think any of these "leaks" has ever gone unsolved, but, hey, get Robert Stack on the line)...  

The music is synthesized and the bad audio quality is just there to cover that up I think. But because of that you can really 100% sure, because JW never has any mock-ups :) 

I remember him saying in the Book Thief interview that he couldn’t present any mock-ups to the director and he was okay with that. Memoirs of a Geisha comes to mind, it has quite a lot of synths and I *think* I hear some sampled percussion in the final product, but I’m not totally sure.