Your most-used movie quotes?

It goes without saying that JWFan is a repository of movie quotations. Everything from Congo to Star Trek has been referenced in the text of this forum for 20 years. I was thinking recently how we do this so much online, but do we actually quote in the outside world? In my case, the answer is yes. In fact, I've found myself quoting certain lines on an almost daily basis.

titanic-movie-screencaps.com-3373.jpg

"At least they were cheap." - Cal, Titanic

This is by far my most-quoted line ever. It seems I say it every day. It's a philosophy, really. I live cheap. 5 dollar men's card holder falling apart? At least it was cheap. The shit I grabbed from the clearance rack at the grocery store is no good? At least they were cheap. Phone fucking up? Just replace it. It was cheap, not an iPhone. It may be the greatest line ever in anything. I feel no guilt if anything in my life fails because everything I get is cheap.

bond-spyloved-movie-screencaps.com-5362.jpg

"Women drivers." - James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me

I have a real problem with women drivers. It seems everywhere I go, women drivers are fucking up. Driving through intersections when people are crossing the street, driving out of parking lots while people are crossing the sidewalk, reversing into people, doing their hair and makeup while operating the vehicle and not paying attention. The list goes on. Women drivers. Their horrible driving brings it out of me on a daily basis.

My mum's a good driver but she's probably the exception to the rule.

Most of what I say in the real world is a movie quote or some variant, usually in casual or even formal conversation, and no-one else knows. They think I'm just that damn creatively wordy!

I rarely do movie quotes anywhere, and can remember very, very few to begin with. It's not something I'm particularly interested in; there are other parts of film that attract me more. But I do obviously remember a lot of the dialogue in films I've seen many times, like ALIENS or JURASSIC PARK, to the extent you know what they're going to say in advance when you watch the films.

“Bueller?” [used when someone doesn’t reply right away]

”And no ‘and then.’” [used when there’s nothing more to add to a list of items, things to do, etc]

”Talk to me Goose.” [used to tell someone who’s trying to get my attention that I’m listening]

I don’t use these that often, but they’re in my lexicon, and always used in a humorous way, mostly with the wife.

Usually just little mildly obnoxious things. “A whaaat” from Jaws, the Owen Wilson “Wowww” 

Sort of depends on who I’m with. I don’t necessarily think to use them all the time, but when I’m with certain people they just flow out. My older brother, I throw out UHF, Harry Potter, Heavyweights, especially this guy:

“I haitchoo! You ah awful!” at 2:41, that’s come up lol. Those in particular but lots of random shit from our childhood when we get together. Also this “Heh??” any time we didn’t catch what the other said:

This is my default gif for girls with low-effort Tinder profiles. Usually gets a laugh and goes nowhere.

tumblr_nmesg0B8wz1u2rj44o1_400.gif

And not one that I ever quote out loud, but I still to this day think of J Jonah Jameson’s “Slander is spoken. In print it’s libel” to remember the difference.

“You don't understand. He likes to chase skunks in the woods, and if he finds them he tries to mate with them. Only skunks don't like to mate with poodles, and then they spray him, and he really gets turned on!”