September 22 JW Story on CBS Sunday Morning

karelm

One would hope the interview is against the backdrop of the recording sessions with maybe even a few seconds of him conducting.  Buy, yes, the questions and answers themselves will be predictable.  Still, it is nice to know that Disney is smart enough to see Williams as valuable to good PR.  

Surely there's a high likelihood this will include footage from the TROS sessions? Other than ASM, Williams hasn't had any other recording sessions since Solo last February or so. And he's been back in LA for a few weeks now, with sessions supposedly scattered throughout September. 

Unless it's just a publicity piece for the ASM album and they use file vision from those sessions. 

I remember that our first significant TFA session footage (and in fact, several of our first significant clips of score, excluding the TV spot Jedi Steps bit) came from CBS, specifically on 60 Minutes

Is there a link between Disney and CBS? I was under the impression they were two totally separate media entities. But if Disney doesn't own a news network, I guess they have no issue with other news networks picking up stories like this. 

Wouldn't it be great if it was part of a series of features about Williams, covering his career through to TROS? It'd be nice to think Disney are pushing hard for recognition now he's so close to achieving his 'trilogy of trilogies.'  

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Is there a link between Disney and CBS? I was under the impression they were two totally separate media entities. But if Disney doesn't own a news network, I guess they have no issue with other news networks picking up stories like this. 

Wouldn't it be great if it was part of a series of features about Williams, covering his career through to TROS? It'd be nice to think Disney are pushing hard for recognition now he's so close to achieving his 'trilogy of trilogies.'  

For the record, Disney owns ABC, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) news companies in the world. Usually anything relating to John Williams ends up on CBS though for some reason, such as the 60 Minutes piece.

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

For the record, Disney owns ABC, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) news companies in the world. Usually anything relating to John Williams ends up on CBS though for some reason, such as the 60 Minutes piece.

Maybe JW has shares with CBS.

CBS Sunday Morning airs at 9am every Sunday morning.  I've enjoyed it for years, it's more laidback than something like 60 Minutes, with more arts coverage and human interest stories that aren't cheap/exploitative like the daily morning shows.  It's like NPR in television form, actually.

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

CBS Sunday Morning airs at 9am every Sunday morning.  I've enjoyed it for years, it's more laidback than something like 60 Minutes, with more arts coverage and human interest stories that aren't cheap/exploitative like the daily morning shows.  It's like NPR in television form, actually.

It should be a nice little piece. This will be a love letter to Williams, which all of us should find immensely gratifying, even if we learn absolutely nothing from it. 

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

9 AM EST? Just making sure. I want to catch this.

Just now, Modest Expectations said:

I hope Williams will be properly introduced, as the composer of Jaws, Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones

No, he will no doubt be introduced as the composer of masterpieces such as HEARTBEEPS and JOHN GOLDFARB PLEASE COME HOME.

27 minutes ago, karelm said:

That children analogy went in a somewhat different direction than I expected.  Good stuff.