Graeme Revell's CHILD'S PLAY 2 - NEW! La-La Land CD (Universal Heritage Collection)

Jay

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12 noon (PST) SEPTEMBER 24, 2019

New Releases available to order at www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 12 noon (PST) SEPTEMBER 24, 2019

“CHILD’S PLAY 2: LIMITED EDITION”
Universal Pictures Film Music Heritage Collection
Music by Graeme Revell
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING SEPT. 27

OctoberSpooktacularEmail.jpgBOO! IT’S THE HALLOWEEN “SPOOKTACULAR”!

Ring in the Spooky with great prices on these chillingly awesome horror scores!

AWAKEN THE SHADOWMAN, BOOK OF BLOOD, THE CONJURING, EVIL DEAD, GRIMM, THE HOLE, HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW, JESSABELLE, JOHN DIES AT THE END, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, MIRRORS 2, PUPPET MASTER X/EVIL CLERGYMAN, THE RELIC, SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, WILLARD and ZOMBEAVERS are ONLY $5 EACH

THE BAD SEED, CREEPSHOW, DAY OF THE DEAD (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13th, FRIDAY THE 13th THE GAME (2-CD SET), THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE, INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, LINK, MAGIC and MONSTER SQUAD are ONLY $10 EACH

FRIDAY THE 13th Parts 2/3 (2-CD SET) and FRIDAY THE 13th Parts 4/5 (2-CD SET) are ONLY $15 EACH

Special offer starts 9/24 at 12 noon (pst) and runs through 10/31. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

BACK IN STOCK!
SUPERMAN THE MOVIE: 40th ANNIVERSARY (3-CD SET), TITANIC: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET), STAR TREK 50th ANNIV COLLECTION (4-CD SET), THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (2-CD SET), DIE ANOTHER DAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (4-CD SET), DENNIS THE MENACE, FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF, SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 4 (2-CD SET)

CHILD’S PLAY 2: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1506
Universal Pictures Film Music Heritage Collection
Music by Graeme Revell
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING SEPT. 27

Orders start 12 noon (pst) on 9/24 at www.lalalandrecords.com

ChildsPlay2_Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and Universal Studios proudly present the sixth title in the acclaimed Universal Pictures Film Music Heritage Collection -- the world premiere official release of the original motion picture score to the big-screen 1990 horror sequel, CHILD’S PLAY 2, starring Alex Vincent, Jenny Agutter and Christine Elise and directed by John Lafia. Acclaimed composer Graeme Revell (DEAD CALM, THE CROW, TITAN A.E.) fashions a knockout orchestral genre score for the first sequel to the landmark horror hit CHILD’S PLAY, utilizing a 90 piece orchestral to unleash Chucky’s possessed-doll rampage with notable fury. Presented here for the first time, the score, orchestrated and conducted by Shirley Walker, and recorded by Bruce Botnick, is a revelation – arguably one of the ‘90s’ best horror film scores. Produced, edited and mastered by Mike Matessino, this special CD release, limited to 3000 units, features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by Zach Tow, which include new interview comments from the composer. The killer art design is by Dan Goldwasser.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title (The Limousine) 3:22
2. Electrocution 1:06
3. Empty Tray / The Closet :55
4. Near Crash 1:23
5. Vodka Stop / Uncle Charles 1:27
6. Bag Mattson 2:06
7. Stalking The House 2:17
8. The Burial :44
9. Tommy / Chucky Moves /Basement Toss / School Bus 1:28
10. Swing Set :55
11. Bound And Gagged :59
12. At School 1:37
13. Yardstick 3:30
14. Electric Knife 4:14
15. How’s It Hangin’? 1:23
16. Under The Stairs / Garbage Can 5:14
17. Crash :48
18. Cop Stop / Throttle Kyle :58
19. Photocopy Finish 1:25
20. Van Chase To Factory 3:22
21. Knockout :36
22. The Chant 1:34
23. Labyrinth / Knife Arm 4:46
24. New Eyeballs 2:08
25. Meltdown And Blowup 5:30
26. End Credits 5:24
TOTAL TIME: 59:43

http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-1d5t1p--mmolr-ag4f6q0

Looks like LLL finally found the price at which I will buy Broughton's Monster Squad.  I like Broughton quite a bit, and I know the score is loved by his biggest fans, but the samples just have never induced me to part with 20 bucks.  Although since the sale runs through 10/31, I might wait and see if they release anything new that I want in October before ordering.

Is it true Shirley Walker ghost-wrote much of this score for Revell?

I can't wait to hear the samples (I've never seen this film), if it sounds like other 90s Walker then I might pick this up!

Bryce Dallas has the same hair color as ol' Chucky.  Guess you have a type, Kasey!

I'm very excited for you - it seems like you singlehandedly willed this release into existence.  I've only seen the first Child's Play (and maybe bits of the third on TV) so I'm going to have to listen to samples before I leap - although, rumors or not, the fact that people think Walker ghostwrote the score speaks to the fact that it'll be my type.

As for the sale - I will never stop recommending Banos's Evil Dead score - and $5 is the price that is nice.

Heheh, oh poor LLL, releasing a lame dumb score like Pet Sematary Two and expecting to make a profit. Can't you guys release something good? Intrada, releasing Howard the Duck? Really? Come now, guys, get your act tog-

GOSH I DON'T KNOW SEV, WILL THIS SATISFY YOU DOES THIS PLEASE YOU

Oh. Oh. Oh, I see. 

It actually sort if sounds like her...

Funny we're talking about Walker because I was just watching a music featurette about Apocalypse Now and she was heavily involved in that.

Karol

Finally listened to all the samples.  I didn't think the music was bad, but doesn't sound like anything I'd like to listen to all that often.  I'm very glad for those who have been wanting this, it's great it's finally coming out!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still processing that it exists and it's here and I can listen to it alongside any other soundtrack I own.

It's not a masterwork or anything despite what my enthusiasm would probably imply, just a horror score I like quite a bit and had always wanted to listen to on its own in good sound quality (and the sound is indeed splendid here!), just for those exquisite main and end titles! I did some shaving and rearranging, but nothing major (took off five minutes, rearranged some cues in a different order as I felt it played better that way). 

7 hours ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

I'm still processing that it exists and it's here and I can listen to it alongside any other soundtrack I own.

It's not a masterwork or anything despite what my enthusiasm would probably imply, just a horror score I like quite a bit and had always wanted to listen to on its own in good sound quality (and the sound is indeed splendid here!), just for those exquisite main and end titles! I did some shaving and rearranging, but nothing major (took off five minutes, rearranged some cues in a different order as I felt it played better that way). 

So, based on your knowledge of the score, would that be a definitive version? I might add it to one of my orders later on this year.

Karol

On 9/24/2019 at 3:44 PM, Jay said:

That Shirley Walker knows how to orchestrate and conduct!

She certainly did. It's something that I wish more people gave her credit for, in addition to her composing talent.

I really miss her. 

You don't think she gets enough credit for her orchestrating and conducting?  People talk about it all the time, especially with regards to Batman!

She probably made more money off Batman than she did Turbulence or Memoirs of an Invisible Man

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Isn't it the other way around?  I thought she was more known as an orchestrator/conductor than a composer.

Initially in the 80s and early 90s yes, but I'd say from Batman TAS and Memoirs of an Invisible Man on, she was more known as a composer in her own right.

2 hours ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

I’m convinced this is a Shirley Walker score, seeing as how every Graeme Revell score before and after this sounds like garbage.

Not so, actually (though his other good orchestral scores don't sound particularly similar to Child's Play 2 and I've heard orchestrator Tim Simonec given a lot of credit for these two):

I'm also very partial to parts of his scores to Red Planet and Eaters of the Dead (aka 13th Warrior rejected), though they are less traditional than those two and I assume are more representative of his own "voice"...

Yavar

10 hours ago, Jay said:

You don't think she gets enough credit for her orchestrating and conducting?  People talk about it all the time, especially with regards to Batman!

She did give Batman her own flair (in addition to Edward Scissorhands), and her lack of involvement was felt in Batman Returns. Would've been interesting, if she was still living, to see how she would've orchestrated Avengers: Age of Ultron or Justice League .

Going back to Revell, Power Rangers is a fun score, but the recording and mixing is botched. Even if Walker had orchestrated and conducted that too, it was at the mercy of Dan Wallin.

13 hours ago, Matt C said:

Going back to Revell, Power Rangers is a fun score, but the recording and mixing is botched.

Oh, I agree the sound on that album is very disappointing. I've long hoped that an expanded edition might also improve the sound.

That said I do think Street Fighter is a better work *and* much better recorded/mixed.

Yavar