Kevin Feige is developing new Star Wars movie for Disney

Edmilson

Is Feige writing the script or did he just come up with a story? Also curious whether he will make his directorial debut with this pic after earning well-earned clout at Marvel Studios...

On 26. September 2019 at 9:42 PM, Pellaeon said:

Seems to me the 2022 - 2024 - 2026 films will be a trilogy, with Kennedy and Feige to produce. The first film will be scripted by Benioff and Weiss, who thereafter are off to their Netflix gig.

For god's sake, there will be more of these sad spinoffs?

It seems to me they wanted to do with Star Wars what they had done with Marvel — make dozens and dozens of movies.

However, Marvel was unique in that it had a large library of creative story material, but a moviegoing public which was by and large ignorant of that material. They could therefore present each movie as something the audience had never seen before. In other words, low expectations combined with medium+ quality stories is a ticket for great success.

Star Wars is kind of the opposite. The moviegoing public knows and loves Star Wars. So in this case high expectations meet with mediocre story material.* Hence the backlash, or whatever it is that happened that caused them to put on the brakes after Solo.

* - For various reasons, the producers believe they can come up with better stories from scratch, and have shown no interest in mining even the most highly-regarded of the Star Wars novels, comics, cartoons, etc.. However, who knows? There may be change in the winds, as Benioff/Weiss are famous specifically as adapters of novels.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

So finally, just to wrap it up, how’s the Star Wars movie coming along?

It’s good. It’s fun. I’m having a blast. I’m enjoying doing something that feels weirdly more original, just because there’s, there’s a bigger canvas in Star Wars, a broader scope of time and space. Yeah, I’m having a blast. Not having to necessarily write a sequel to anything is nice.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/1221617-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-writer-michael-waldron-interview

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...