Jerry Goldsmith's AIR FORCE ONE - 2019 2CD Varese Deluxe Edition

Jay

I don't think that it fundamentally differed from how any composer - save for Randy Newman - would have approached it, cf 'ID4' (just one year prior). I'm also convinced that they temp'd it with James Horner's 'Clear and Present Danger', which the main title resembles (just that Goldsmith writes cooler fanfares than JH).

Well a friend of mine was able to buy me a copy of this and can pay him back whenever I am able to.  I am very happy to be having a physical copy of this since this is one score I've really been wanting as a complete release for YEARS.  I won't be selling it like I won't be selling my Waxworks Records release of John Du Prez' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles score.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I just hope you're listening to a better quality leak than those awful Youtube videos

Ya not sure why people upload in shitty quality.  I've got an video editing program that I can upload scores to Youtube and have the quality sound like the original files.

2 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

Why even state that you're not selling it anyway? No-one was expecting whether you would.

Because he sold basically his entire collection for money, then complained for weeks that we weren't buying them all. So I am fully expecting him to buy, rip, then sell it.

13 minutes ago, woj said:

Because he sold basically his entire collection for money, then complained for weeks that we weren't buying them all. So I am fully expecting him to buy, rip, then sell it.

Ohhh I didn't know.

In my defense the money was needed at the time.

Anyways back to the discussion of this score.  Hopefully it will start shipping in the next day or so. I'm really looking forward to checking out the missing cues from the boot especially the full stereo version of the film version mix for "Get Off My Plane!".

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

Shipped.

Karol

Ditto!

First we get this one from Varese and soon Minority Report from LLL. Good times! :) 

Listening to this now coming out of my big living room speakers and it is all just so awesome!

Radek's Release and The Dogfight are two fantastic back to back cues, and probably the next two cues that would have been added had the OST been able to have been even just 45 minutes instead of the 35 we got.  The chorus in Radek's Release is really cool and The Dogfight is one helluva action banger!

So mine was scheduled to be delivered this Wednesday, however it made it in Saturday evening to our post office and now it’s going to sit there for a day as it’s rescheduled for Tuesday.

*****Edit*****

oh shit I forgot today is a federal holiday I haven’t had off in over 25+ years. 😂😂😂😂

On 10/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, Jay said:

Listening to this now coming out of my big living room speakers and it is all just so awesome!

Radek's Release and The Dogfight are two fantastic back to back cues, and probably the next two cues that would have been added had the OST been able to have been even just 45 minutes instead of the 35 we got.  The chorus in Radek's Release is really cool and The Dogfight is one helluva action banger!

Radek's Release is indeed awesome, and you're right, that male chorus really brings out the momentousness of the scene. This and the main theme are insta-classics.

Less enjoyable to me, though, is the heavy percussion strike used ad nauseam throughout the score that just makes me want to pitch my headphones across the room. (I'm sure they work exactly as intended in the film, of course.)

On 10/11/2019 at 1:59 AM, Richard Penna said:

Nothing yet :(

Although I ordered this at least a couple of hours after it was announced (we're not talking BF urgency here) so I'm probably down the queue somewhere.

I am hoping my copy will arrive this week but the tracking number given by Varese is completely useless as it shows nothing on the delivery company's site.

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

I am hoping my copy will arrive this week but the tracking number given by Varese is completely useless as it shows nothing on the delivery company's site.

Same.

Karol

Mine arrived Tuesday in great shape. 

I guess I’m one of the lucky ones, I’ve always gotten stellar service and shipping from Varèse / Naxos. 

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

Mine arrived today. It was dispatched last Tuesday - they just didn't tell me that they had.

No customs charge? How do they label them these days anyway? Do they still put an actual value on?

Karol

It has the actual value on the packet - I guess customs just shrugged.

Minor negative note: the inside of the case is really brittle and the tray broke off the moment I opened it. Oh well, the music is what matters.

13 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

It has the actual value on the packet - I guess customs just shrugged.

I ordered two albums so might not get this lucky. But we'll see. :)

Karol