Joker (Hildur Guðnadóttir)

Thor

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

The Joker score is pretty much just simply underlining what's very dark and difficult about it. Therfore, it is not enriching but just penetrating the experience. And that's what I didn't like about it.

Not that writing a "compassionate" score is the only alternative, of course. Taxi Driver is a very rich score, for example, that does so much. It gives the down to earth bustle of NYC a larger than life presence as Bickle's manifested hell and purgatory. The theme has a longing for innocence and romance that is like a landmark we hear to see just how far Bickle's plummet into madness goes, until the theme itself drops down with him at the climax.

For Joker, I thought it would've been really cool if they took an approach similar to Shirley Walker in the animated series:

The juxtaposition between the sitcom breeziness of the music with Arthur's increasing disillusionment and insanity would've been so badass!

• 1 year later...
On 15/03/2021 at 3:10 PM, SyncMan said:

The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra was going to it in June 2020, but was cancelled because of COVID.

Now, scheduled for November 5 and 6, 2022.  Saw this on the orchestra's Facebook page, but it won't be up on their website until tickets go on sale this Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/atlantasymphony/posts/10160344824089015

On 05/10/2019 at 11:25 AM, publicist said:

Without having heard the score i will congratulate Hildur on the audacity of releasing a 37-minute soundtrack album. May many others follow in your footsteps!

It needs a fresh remaster😜

I can't believe Gruesome and Bastard have an " excellent" community reputation!

😎

• 3 weeks later...

I hope Phoenix is working with a BETTER script for the sequel. He deserved that Oscar for Joker, but it was a LOT of heavy lifting and choices HE made on his end.

I'm dreading who Phillips will cast as Harley Quinn.

For everyone complaining that all superhero movies are the same and people are getting bored, let's see the reaction to this.  Honestly, if Gaga is indeed playing Harley Quinn and their love story is told through song as they go around causing chaos around them it could be spectacular.

2 hours ago, Goldfinger said:

For everyone complaining that all superhero movies are the same and people are getting bored, let's see the reaction to this.  Honestly, if Gaga is indeed playing Harley Quinn and their love story is told through song as they go around causing chaos around them it could be spectacular.

Joker wasn't typical superhero movie. It was the Joker doing Taxi Driver. Who knows, maybe each movie of this Joker franchise will be a different genre, even though, the social drama aspect seem to have worked for the first one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SHOCKER

https://bit.ly/3CDAoSE

Hildur Guðnadóttir is returning to score the upcoming psychological thriller Joker: Folie à Deux. The sequel to the 2019 Joker film, for which the composer received her first Academy Award, is directed by Todd Phillips and stars Joaquin Phoenix in the title role, Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn and Zazie Beetz who reprises her role of Sophie Dumond. They are joined by new cast members Brendan Gleeson, Catherine Keener, Jacob Lofland and Harry Lawtey. No plot details have been announced yet. Phillips (The Hangover, Old School) also co-wrote the screenplay with Scott Silver (The Fighter, 8 Mile). Guðnadóttir’s score from the first Joker movie has been released by WaterTower Music. Joker: Folie à Deux is set to be released on October 4, 2024 by Warner Bros. Pictures.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

According to Variety, the budget on Joker 2 has ballooned to $200 million.

This is not only the budget of "regular" superhero movies with action scenes and CGI and such but also almost four times more than the first Joker (which costed $55 million).

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/warner-bros-spending-joker-2-budget-tom-cruise-deal-1235917640/

On 22/2/2024 at 2:58 AM, Edmilson said:

According to Variety, the budget on Joker 2 has ballooned to $200 million.

This is not only the budget of "regular" superhero movies with action scenes and CGI and such but also almost four times more than the first Joker (which costed $55 million).

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/warner-bros-spending-joker-2-budget-tom-cruise-deal-1235917640/

That’s crazy! Dune Part Two cost less than that!

• 1 month later...
On 04/04/2024 at 5:59 PM, Edmilson said:

‘Joker 2’ Gets R Rating for ‘Strong Violence’ and ‘Brief Full Nudity’

Brief full nudity? So will we see the Joker's boner? :lol:

Joker's Boner, back when boner meant mistake : r/agedlikemilk

Gaga disrobed for A Star Is Born, I believe. So 'brief full nudity' could be her. 

So Harley will start the movie as another convict in Arkham instead of the psychologist assigned to treat the Joker like it is in the comics, animations, etc? This is a shame, I like the concept of the Joker dragging another supposedly sane person down his hole of insanity and cruelty. It could make a terrifying psychological suspense.

But I guess it's in line with this "saga's" theme of disenfranchised people finding a path that only leads to tragedy and revenge after being forgotten by society.