Black Friday 2019 JW prediction poll

Dr. Rick

Black Friday 2019 JW prediction poll  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What JW release(s) do you think will come out on Black Friday

• The Reivers (50th anniversary)
    • Sugarland Express (45th anniversary)
    • The River (35th anniversary)
    • Born on the Fourth of July (30th anniversary)
    • Always (30th anniversary)
    • Hook
    • JFK (in the LLL hopper for a couple years now presumably)
    • Far and Away
    • Amistad
    • Angela's Ashes (20th anniversary)
    • The Patriot
    • Minority Report
    • Catch Me if You Can
    • The Terminal (15th anniversary)
    • War of the Worlds
    • Star Wars mega box set
    • Indiana Jones mega box set
    • Other (your guess below)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/11/19 at 03:05 AM

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

"When" is a relative term. 12AM PST Friday which is 8am over here in the UK.

So 5am here in Brazil, I'll probably be sleeping by then.

But this seems right, I remember last year having breakfast, checking Facebook and then seeing the announcement of the John Williams Harry Potter collection.

25 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I'll be in hospital in the middle of an oxygen therapy session when the announcements are made, but I vow to you all that, breathing heavily and cut off from the Internet, I WILL believe in fairies!

Tell them to put this on while doing it. It brings luck.

For Hook with the original owner being Sony I highly doubt LLL be able to do a proper reissue of that now since Sony stopped letting specialty labels like LLL release expanded scores.

17 minutes ago, Trent B said:

For Hook with the original owner being Sony I highly doubt LLL be able to do a proper reissue of that now since Sony stopped letting specialty labels like LLL release expanded scores.

LLL still have 2 yet-to-be released Sony Music titles that made it through in time though.

I don't think so. I listened to the recording session leak two or three times, and I still think it's a very dull score, although there are some cool unreleased material, like the complete Jungle Chase, specifically the early version of 5M40 Ugh, Vines. 

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

Mike Kahn Cooks

What? LOL

What does "Mike Kahn Cooks" have to do with the scene in question (russians chasing Indy, Mutt swinging on the vines, monkeys distracting russians, cars flipping over)?

Wait, JW really named all those?  Does he usually do these types of cue names?

9 minutes ago, publicist said:

Probably a way of coping.

gave me a good laugh.  i still love KOTCS  (film & score)

I mean, there's no way to know with authority that it was JW who came up with the name of any cue in any score, but those are the names on the sheet music, yea

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

I mean, there's no way to know with authority that it was JW who came up with the name of any cue in any score, but those are the names on the sheet music, yea

I guess I meant the sarcastic cue titles.  I would still always default to thinking JW names all of his cues.

Well, yes, that's what I'm saying.  As far as we know JW himself decides the cue name of every cue in a score he writes, but when you think about it, it's not like we have any proof that they are his creation 100% of the time.

Are there any other instances of these type of sarcastic cue titles?  I'm really fascinated with this right this second.  I didn't visit this forum for a while, so I am totally out of the loop on this.

7 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Are there any other instances of these type of sarcastic cue titles?  I'm really fascinated with this right this second.  I didn't visit this forum for a while, so I am totally out of the loop on this.

"Yuppie Sounds" = "Banning Back Home"

Hmmm good question.

All the ones in Tintin are pretty straightforward. Lincoln and Book Thief too.  We don't know original cue titles for The Post or the SW sequels, other than a handful of TFA ones that are pretty straightforward.

I dunno.

I always thought "Brief Snow Scene" in HP3 was kinda funny, since its like a 4 minute cue.

Star Wars has "Is It A Bird?" and "Ben Creeps Around"

Raiders has "Pffist Fight"

Hook has "Yuppie Sounds"

Jurassic Park has "The Menace Dennis"

The Lost World has "Horning In"

5 hours ago, Bellosh said:

There's another in-jokey one for Crystal Skull: 'A Ride Down Ben Burtt Boulevard'.

29 minutes ago, Jay said:

Dude.... Scroll up a bit and see what we were already talking about that made him ask that lol

Oops! 😅

I updated but left ‘A Ride Down Ben Burtt Boulevard’ since it’s missing from that cue list.

dine

verb

Synonyms & Antonyms of dine

1to take a meal
  • they dined elegantly at the city's finest restaurant before taking in an opera downtown

Synonyms for dine

17 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Well, you said 'we know Hook is coming' a few months ago. You said that! You gave me hope!

That wasn't me. I said it was possible because of MV's confirmation a while back of two remaining Sony Music licenced titles. I have no inside knowledge of anything, I'm one of the plebs that hoovers up whatever Williams goodness the labels provide.