MINORITY REPORT (2002) - 2019 2CD Expanded Edition from La-La Land Records

Disco Stu

The Terminal.

On that, the OST track The Wedding Of Officer Torres starts with the opening of 3M1 A Stallion from 0:00-3:50, then 3:50-4:27 is most of 5M6 Engagement and Wedding, then 4:27-end is the rest of 3M1 A Stallion.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11z6EfZepoLn-vuSoDnE17u0HZjMiChi_Tokh4c05_Zw/

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

We need a new edition of The Terminal! The OST has been out of print for years, Mike needs to expand this score.

That is a score with an unsatisfying album experience.

6 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

That is a score with an unsatisfying album experience.

Yep, I'm curious as to how it looks in C&C fashion, especially Viktor leaving the airport, which appears to be a mixture of score recorded for a different ending, and tracking of Jazz Autographs. I could never figure out whether that track was a concert piece that SS found worked for the ending, or is a revised score cue that JW repurposed into a concert piece.

Jazz Autographs is just End Credits Part 2.  Viktor leaving the airport is 7M1 Viktor's Leaving and is complete in OST track Viktor And His Friends.  In the final film Spielberg replaced part of it with tracked music.

21 hours ago, Jay said:

Visions of Anne Lively is an album track containing part of 5M8 Agatha Sees All, then part of 2M5 Annie Lively, then back to the ending of 5M8 Agatha Sees All. This is only one of two times I can think of where JW actually segued from one cue to another cue, then BACK to the first cue again. I wonder how you even come up with an idea like that 

On the new release, 2M5 is presented complete in its own track as First Vision Of Anne Lively, while 5M8 is presented complete in its own track as Another Vision. 

You might be interested in this post:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30531-minority-report-2cd-expanded-edition-from-la-la-land-records-now-available/&do=findComment&comment=1658934

Or this Google Doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W2d-EKyPkj_zcXX_xAgFI7JEW_seQSFkAAsgfGSJiVU/

Yes. It's puzzling how JW come up with those ideas. However, in the case of "Visions of Anne Lively" it worked well, as I prefer it over "Another Vision".

I think he also did it with Raiders 1981 OST with "Well of the Souls", when at some point it cuts to a portion of "In the Idol's Temple" then goes back to the ending of "Well of the Souls". But in that case it didn't worked at all! One more to the "JW's worst OST decisions".

Oh man, I haven't listened to the OST album of Raiders in so long I forgot about that. That's a score where every part of every cue is great and there's no need to cut down things to improve the listening experience. 

10 hours ago, Jay said:

Oh man, I haven't listened to the OST album of Raiders in so long I forgot about that. That's a score where every part of every cue is great and there's no need to cut down things to improve the listening experience. 

Just listened to it on YouTube. Man, that last cutback to The Well of the Souls is so senseless!

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

Just listened to it on YouTube. Man, that last cutback to The Well of the Souls is so senseless!

The dark ages! 

Agreed. I mean, how cheap can LLL possibly be? They should have changed to another jewel case supplier ages ago!

If you need good replacement cases, I suggest purchasing from europadisc.co.uk. They have both single, double and thick cases og great quality, and they send all over the world.

24 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Does LLL still use jewel cases of inferior quality or did they switch back to high quality ones?

Hmmm, that's not really a problem for me. When the cases come broken, I just replace them myself. The main thing is that the CDs themselves are unscathed. 

On 11/5/2019 at 10:40 PM, Chewy said:

We need a new edition of The Terminal! The OST has been out of print for years, Mike needs to expand this score.

That's not very high on my list of scores that need to be expanded. Hell, I hardly ever listen to the OST album, except once in a while to the main track... 

17 minutes ago, crumbs said:

It would be nice to have a counterpoint release to the atonal harshness of Minority Report on BF, something thematically rich like The Terminal or Hook. In the same way they paired the likes of E.T. with Close Encounters, JP with TLW, Schindler's List with Harry Potter, etc.

But the pairing of JP and TLW was just logical, not based on tonal qualities!

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

That's one of JW's great themes.

Indeed it is. Very listenable and enjoyable and fun! 

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Which of these is the atonal one?

Neither. 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

You know what I mean. Point is, they were released together and complimentary to one another for being so different.

But there is! MR is paired with A.I. Artificial Intelligence! 

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

It would be nice to have a counterpoint release to the atonal harshness of Minority Report on BF, something thematically rich like The Terminal or Hook. In the same way they paired the likes of E.T. with Close Encounters, JP with TLW, Schindler's List with Harry Potter, etc.

Unless they think Superman and Monsignor already provide that counterpoint...

5 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Unless they think Superman and Monsignor already provide that counterpoint...

My working theory is that Minority Report would have been held until BF if LLL had nothing else from Williams up their sleeve. :)

Is there any indication that there even is a Williams title in the works for Black Friday?

14 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Is there any indication that there even is a Williams title in the works for Black Friday?

Don't think so.  We just know there are still several in the works from an MM post on FSM and are hoping that at least one is ready for Black Friday.

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

None of these release pairings were based on tonal qualities!

Exactly, it was a jab at crumbs who conflated the two - as if it were based on 'atonal harshness' and not circumstance.

11 hours ago, Chewy said:

Finally arrived in France! Time to rediscover this beautiful score while reading the liner notes for the first time, I love this moment!

image.png

Beautiful pic! Thanks. 

Did you order it on the first day from LLL? Was it held up in customs? Why did it take so long to arrive? 

7 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Did you order it on the first day from LLL? Was it held up in customs? Why did it take so long to arrive? 

I ordered it from MusicBox Records, they received it only tuesday and it then took two days to arrive at home.

The price was just 33€ on MBR so when comparing to what it'd cost to order from LLL, it's cheaper and I'm not worried about customs!

On 11/7/2019 at 4:35 AM, Josh500 said:
On 11/7/2019 at 4:09 AM, Brundlefly said:

Does LLL still use jewel cases of inferior quality or did they switch back to high quality ones?

Hmmm, that's not really a problem for me. When the cases come broken, I just replace them myself. The main thing is that the CDs themselves are unscathed. 

Agreed, the CDs are more important, but I do appreciate the specialty labels that use these (Big Break Records, for ex.):

Packaging-Superjewelcase-spread (1).jpg