MINORITY REPORT (2002) - 2019 2CD Expanded Edition from La-La Land Records

Disco Stu

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2020 at 12:10 PM, Minority report 1 said:

Someone please upload this 2 cd set online so those of us who cant, buy because its limited edition, can listen. Its not available on  apple or spotify  so easy to do if someone has it .  Thanks 

https://www.amazon.com/Minority-Report-Expanded-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B07ZL4NPLV

It's available on Amazon. 

Minority Report and Saving Private Ryan. These are 2 LLL releases I'm very happy about...

After the blockbuster Jurassic Park and Harry Potter boxsets, these seem kind of minor (no pun intended), but they're really solid, top-notch scores in their own right. 

4 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Minority Report and Saving Private Ryan. These are 2 LLL releases I'm very happy about...

Is it really worth getting these, especially SPR with only a couple of additional minutes?

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Is it really worth getting these, especially SPR with only a couple of additional minutes?

What? Minority Report has loads of unreleased music.

SPR is much more debatable.

11 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

What? Minority Report has loads of unreleased music.

SPR is much more debatable.

Shit, I was thinking of Schindler's List while reading Minority Report. I've actually got the latter!

I only just got SPR and Schindler's List because of the 30% sale.My favorite Schindler's List track is the instrumental Burial Scene on the sessions and it's not on the expanded edition

I don't really like Minority Report but it's still a worthy expansion with loads of unreleased music and sounds great.

21 minutes ago, crumbs said:

And sadly out of stock.

yeah, like superman and the Potter box. they probably didn't want to include them in the sale

3 minutes ago, King Mark said:

yeah, like superman and the Potter box. they probably didn't want to include them in the sale

I'm sorry but this is just a dumb statement.  Do you really think LLL would hold back titles from a sale, especially during these difficult times?  They need to generate as much revenue as they can to keep going.  Time to take off the tinfoil hat there, buddy. 

6 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

I'm sorry but this is just a dumb statement.  Do you really think LLL would hold back titles from a sale, especially during these difficult times?  They need to generate as much revenue as they can to keep going.  Time to take off the tinfoil hat there, buddy. 

Of course they didn't. Rather, they timed the release of the virus to coincide with those titles being out ot stock.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

For me it definitely was! SPR is one of my all-time favourites, although at the same time one of the all-time underrated scores among JW fans... 

On 5/20/2020 at 1:45 AM, ATXHusker said:

I really wish LLL would rethink their ordering system. If they allowed orders for out-of-stock items, they'd probably have hundreds of extra orders. I've been holding off on Superman and Minority Report in the slight hope they might return before the end of May. If back-orders were possible, I'd have pulled the trigger weeks ago.

We're living in a different world post-COVID. It makes no difference to international buyers waiting months for stock to return before getting shipped out, when orders for stocked items are sitting at L.A. airport for months anyway.

The scaling of their international shipping fees encourages buying in bulk, so opening up orders to OOS items would actually improve their cashflow.

I'm also waiting for Minority Report and a few others to become available for ordering again. I'll still pull the trigger even if the sale ends before they come back, but it would be nice to have the saving :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I received my copy in my Casper order too.  I hadn't realized before that I didn't actually have a physical copy until I reorganized my home office recently and got all my physical media all set up.

This is a great release of a great score, I love it

• 1 month later...

I wonder why MM swapped the order of The Collage and The Elevator. The former attached to Suspicion in one track would have been much more appropriate musically, so that The Elevator would have been the cue with its own track.

I don't know the specific answer in this case, but in general when you are working on a score where the composer is still alive and has an interest in how his scores are presenting and has to approve the program before anything moves forward, sometimes you have to make alterations with those regards in mind.  And sometimes one person just thinks something sounds better in one order that another person might think differently

Right now, I'm just listening the hell out of this new set, like I've never done before.

I also created a program that is a compromise between C&C and OST and moreover a fantastic listening experience. Most tracks from the OST are re-combined, but this time the order is more chronological and whereas the OST relies more on the emotional part of the score, this program dives deeper into the more subtle dark and cold textures of the score:

1. Can You See 2:16 - (OST track recreated)
  2. Pre-Crime to the Rescue 5:16 - (OST track with alternate edit points)
  3. Images of Sean 3:51 - (LLL track)
  4. Presenting the Pre-Cogs 5:42 - (Presenting the Pre-Cogs + Agatha)
  5. Agatha's Vision 3:08 - (The Containment Center + First Vision of Anne Lively)
  6. Everybody Runs 3:25 - (On the Run + How Much Time Have We Got)
  7. Anderton's Great Escape 6:50 - (OST track with additional drum machine overlay)
  8. The Greenhouse Effect 5:28 - (LLL/OST track)
  9. Dr. Eddie and Miss Van Eyck 3:17 - (LLL/OST track)
  10. The Spyders 4:35 - (OST track recreated)
  11. The Swimming Pool 3:59 - (LLL track)
  12. Eye-Dentiscan 5:37 - (OST track with alternate middle section and later fade-out)
  13. Anderton in Halo 2:44 (LLL track)
  14. The Confrontation with Leo Crow 5:58 (LLL/OST track)
  15. Sean by Agatha 5:12 (LLL/OST track)
  16. Confronting Lamar 7:23 (OST track with silence between the two cues)
  17. A New Beginning 3:28 (OST track)

Total Running Time: 1:18:09

Wow I'd never want to listen to a form of the score that doesn't start with The Crime and Creating The Red Balls (I prefer them combined together but separate works too)

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Wow I'd never want to listen to a form of the score that doesn't start with The Crime and Creating The Red Balls (I prefer them combined together but separate works too)

I wanted to create a program that fits on a single CD (less than 79 minutes). If there was space left, I'd have created a more comprehensive opening that would have included the second and full third cue.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, after few listenings... it's a very loooooong score. I was not a fan of the OST, but I think it was enough to sum up the score. It's really not like A.I. for which the expanded release is ESSENTIAL.

Change my mind.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just wanted to bump this thread up because I've been listening to this again recently after not hearing it for a while.

I was curious what people thought of the new bonus tracks, like particularly the version of Anderton's Escape with the drum kit and electronics throughout.  I'm glad Spielberg used the version without that in the film, and that that version is also in the main program here, but what do people think about this version?  I kind of like the layer of... goofiness it gives to the music.  It reminds me of Setting The Trap from Home Alone and kind of lowers the stakes a bit, but it still sounds cool as a bonus track

I like it with, its not something he does super often, so it kind of sets it apart from other action cues

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 1:31 PM, Jay said:

Just wanted to bump this thread up because I've been listening to this again recently after not hearing it for a while.

I was curious what people thought of the new bonus tracks, like particularly the version of Anderton's Escape with the drum kit and electronics throughout.  I'm glad Spielberg used the version without that in the film, and that that version is also in the main program here, but what do people think about this version?  I kind of like the layer of... goofiness it gives to the music.  It reminds me of Setting The Trap from Home Alone and kind of lowers the stakes a bit, but it still sounds cool as a bonus track

New member here, i ordered the preorder on screenarchives is this site pretty reliable?

Also do you know if Neuroplex is included? I been looking for this song forever and cannot find it anywhere.