MINORITY REPORT (2002) - 2019 2CD Expanded Edition from La-La Land Records

Disco Stu

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I love A New Beginning.

Fun fact:  The OST track titled "A New Beginning" is nothing more than a repeat of the second half of the end credits (which already opened the OST album, as "Minority Report"), with a loop added

I'm looking forward to re-acquainting myself with the score. It was never one of my favourites but I welcome the new set with open arms and ears.

Karol

Fantastic news! :w00t:

I have a soft spot for this score. The combination of dark brooding atmosphere and action is just wonderful.

Wow! First the Gobelt of Fire screenplay leaks and now this! I might try and watch the movie again, notwithstanding the horrible American audio description… Seems like such a great story. I wonder how and why they chose this title.

I feel like I should say something when these types of releases are announced, even if I have nothing to say, really. I can say this: MINORITY REPORT is a great film and score. The cover of this release looks quite nice too; "cleaner" than the OST.

Oh yeah!!

Was thinking about picking the OST up a few weeks ago, now I can just get this!

Everybody Runs is such an awesome cue!

Oh my God! 

One of my all-time favourite JW scores.... My mind is blown. It doesn't top HP or JP, of course, but it's close. I'm as excited as when A.I. was announced a few years back. 

:ola:

Listening to this cue now! 

I don’t know the score, never owned it, but look forward to getting to know it, great movie, they went with the wrong poster.

I’ll have nothing to add now until we actually get the CDs.

The only Spielberg Sci fi movie that  didn't click with me much but I enjoyed the album. ' Andersons Great Escape' one of my favorite cues here. The score is mostly dark and brooding and the opening cues are very interesting with shades of JFK esque like percussions reminding me of 'The Conspirators'  Having said that I'am really looking forward to the High resolution sound transfer on this one. Look forward to more details in the coming weeks. 

And really hoping that WAR OF THE WORLDS is also next on the expansion list from LLL. I love that more, the film included. But kudos to all. Along with THE INVADERS set this is a great looking batch. 

P. S. How long did this take for Tom Cruise to approve the artwork etc.? (Probably this got done around the same time as MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.) There are the other Tom Cruise titles which I believe are waiting to be signed.