MINORITY REPORT (2002) - 2019 2CD Expanded Edition from La-La Land Records

Disco Stu

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I guess when you think about it, there's isn't that many scenes it would have been appropriate to use the Pre-Crime theme.  However, it certainly is AWESOME when it shows up in "Don't Run John", twisted into a ominous version instead of heroic since now Pre-Crime is chasing our protagonist!

I think that's my favorite statement of that motif. It really is awesome!

I love the album, and the latter end of it has plenty of great moments, intense in their own right.

One of my favorite little moments from Williams--though I get why it wasn't on the album--is the low strings and woodwinds starting at :35, especially the classic Williams declamatory descent into the low C# around :41-:45.

In that clip at the 00:58 mark (and also at the 1:33), you can hear that great 7 note motif, that on the OST, I think is only heard here:

Looking forward in hearing extra renditions of that motif

I'm just curious is Matessino shying away from his essay /notes this time around? Jeff Bond is another great writer though.... 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Interesting, didn't realise Mike had delegated the liner notes for this release. Maybe he had too much on his plate? 

That seems most likely.

I wonder how long it'll take for this to sell out... My guess is around six months to a year, but who the heck knows? Maybe it'll sell out in 48 hours! Anything seems feasible, somehow. It's just 3,500 copies after all. 

The HP boxset is sold out, right? 

33 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I wonder how long it'll take for this to sell out... My guess is around six months to a year, but who the heck knows? Maybe it'll sell out in 48 hours! Anything seems feasible, somehow. It's just 3,500 copies after all. 

The HP boxset is sold out, right? 

No, it's TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK.

I would bet it will be like A.I.

Oh and I'm glad it starts shipping straight away. :)

Karol

40 minutes ago, crocodile said:

No, it's TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK.

Any info on how many units have been sold so far, though? The HP boxset, I mean. 

40 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I would bet it will be like A.I.

But A.I. is long sold out, right?

I don't follow these updates, I have no idea.

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Interesting, didn't realise Mike had delegated the liner notes for this release. Maybe he had too much on his plate? 

Yes, he's too busy putting the finishing touches on Hook!

23 minutes ago, Trent B said:

The movie is a guilty pleasure for me. 

In my opinion we got a really good score from Don Davis.

I get what you mean. I don't really like how JP3 looks and feels like a long TV episode, but it's a fun ride nonetheless.

I didn't care fore the score when I first saw it, but I listened to it recently and boy, Don Davis did a great job. 
Love the way he pushes the brass section.

A.I. is a masterpiece, it's a shame on my part that I didn't recognise how special the score was until I had bought the LLL edition, and I suspect that it's the most underrated score in the Williams catalogue.

13 minutes ago, Arpy said:

A.I. is a masterpiece, it's a shame on my part that I didn't recognise how special the score was until I had bought the LLL edition... 

Who's to say you won't feel the same way about Minority Report? :D

Not sure whether I consider A.I. a masterpiece (why exactly? Because of "Monica's Theme" ? "Abandoned in the Woods"?), but if I do, I'm apt to consider Minority Report a masterpiece as well. 

If anything, personally, I find the latter somewhat a more enjoyable listening experience than the former. 

I don't know, after watching the film the other day, the score didn't have the same impact as it had with me in A.I..

A.I. feels like a larger score, with greater emotional impact, but I do like Minority Report for other reasons.

These are two vastly different movies, the only common denominators might be that both are set in the future and both are, at its core, about family relationships, love, and loss. 

I think, in the end, it's a matter of taste. 

22 minutes ago, Arpy said:

A.I. feels like a larger score, with greater emotional impact... 

Well, the scope of the movie is different. 

MR deals mostly with the fate of one man. 

A.I. deals with the fate of one little robot-boy as well as that of the entire humanity. 

Now available to order!

https://lalalandrecords.com/minority-report-limited-edition-2-cd-set/

MINORITY REPORT: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)

Music by John Williams
Limited Edition of 3500 units
RETAIL PRICE: $29.98 

NOW SHIPPING

La-La Land Records, 20th Century Fox, Fox Music, Paramount Pictures, DreamWorks Pictures, Geffen Records, Amblin Entertainment and Universal Music Special Markets proudly present the remastered and expanded 2-CD release of renowned composer John Williams’ (CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, SUPERMAN THE MOVIE, E.T. THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL), original motion picture score to the 2002 sci-fi blockbuster MINORITY REPORT, starring Tom Cruise, Colin Farrell, and Samantha Morton and directed by Steven Spielberg.

Once again, the legendary artistic collaboration of director Steven Spielberg and composer John Williams produces another landmark achievement. Williams’ MINORITY REPORT score is a futuristic wonder, especially considering its score being mostly orchestral, with some effective electronic flourishes. Propulsive, dramatic and pitch-perfect, the work is richly thematic, but blended with postmodernist arrangements and electronica to support the film’s futuristic setting. Produced, edited and mastered by Mike Matessino and supervised by the composer, this expanded 2-CD presentation showcases the full score as Williams intended. Writer Jeff Bond takes you behind the film and its score with his exclusive liner notes and Jim Titus provides the sharp art direction. This is a limited edition release of 3500 units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1 • SCORE PRESENTATION
1. The Crime 1:11
2. Creating The Red Balls 1:58
3. Pre-Crime To The Rescue (Part 1) 4:28
4. Pre-Crime To The Rescue (Part 2) 3:54
5. Images Of Sean And Lara 3:52
6. Presenting The Precogs 4:24
7. Agatha And The Containment Center 2:16
8. First Vision Of Anne Lively 2:20
9. Suspicion 1:09
10. The Elevator And The Collage 1:54
11. On The Run 2:24
12. Anderton Escapes 4:05
13. The Conveyor Belt 4:16
14. The Greenhouse Effect (Extended Version) 5:28
15. The Operating Room 1:23
16. Dr. Eddie And Miss Van Eyck 3:18
17. The Swimming Pool 3:58
18. Deploying The Spyders 2:34
19. Freezing Water 2:05
20. Saving The Eye 3:26
21. How Much Time Have We Got? 1:07
22. Another Vision 3:07
23. The Man In The Window 1:27
24. Leo Crow … The Confrontation 5:59
25. The Revelation 2:52
Total Disc 1 Time: 75:05

DISC 2 • SCORE PRESENTATION (Continued)
1. “Sean” By Agatha (Extended Version) 5:13
2. Run! 1:10
3. Anderton In Halo 2:44
4. I Never Said She Drowned 1:27
5. Confronting Lamar 3:54
6. Thought Transference And Finale 3:33
7. A New Beginning (Film Version) 1:49
8. Sean’s Theme 1:58
9. Minority Report 6:31

Total Score Time: 1:43:24

ADDITIONAL MUSIC
10. Pre-Crime Commercial 1:03
11. The Crime (Alternate) 1:14
12. The Collage (Alternate) 1:01
13. Anderton Escapes (Alternate Segment) 2:42
14. Freezing Water (Alternate) 2:13
15. The Man In The Window (Alternate) :50
16. “Sean” By Agatha (Alternate) 5:11
17. A New Beginning 3:29

Total Additional Music: 17:43

Total Disc 2 Time: 46:23

Total Two-Disc Time: 2:01:28 

Just now, Jay said:

I think it sounds much better than the OST, personally

Yeah! That means Mike didn't use the OST mixes at all for this release, brand new mixes!