MINORITY REPORT (2002) - 2019 2CD Expanded Edition from La-La Land Records

Disco Stu

37 minutes ago, Corellian2019 said:

Small correction: percussion is heard in the film 

Huh. When I rewatched the film the other month (on blu), I swear I didn't hear it. Weird. 

10 hours ago, Jay said:

To all of you who are noticing a big improvement from OST to LLL for this release, did you notice a similar difference with A.I. Artificial Intelligence too, or no?

Mike definitely improved on the OST and Promo but, short of mixing that score from scratch, it's always going to sound slightly muddy (also the pervasive low level hiss of Williams scores from that era - not sure if a recording, mastering or mixing fault, that one). 

Was A.I. actually sourced from fresh scans of the analogue tapes? I'm not at home to check the liner notes but I assume that score was recorded digitally (though hopefully LLL scanned the tapes anew). 

Quick question regarding ordering on LLL. 

Is a PayPal account mandatory now, if you want to order directly from LLL? Isn't it possible anymore to pay just with your credit card, the old fashioned way? 

My copy shipped! Cool! But then again LLL has always been great with their service. I can't wait to hear this!

Can't wait! :ola:

If even the samples sound so absolutely fantastic, can't imagine what the actual album will sound like. I'm starting to expect a noticeable and considerable sound quality improvement!

Gotta be honest, I'm as excited as when A.I. was released! 

I don't remember what element was used for AI, but I think all Williams scores recorded in this era (say roughly Amistad through roughly Catch Me If You Can?) would have been recorded simultaneously to analog and digital

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I don't remember what element was used for AI, but I think all Williams scores recorded in this era (say roughly Amistad through roughly Catch Me If You Can?) would have been recorded simultaneously to analog and digital

For AI, From your interview with Mike
http://www.jwfan.com/?p=7726

What was the source material used for the new released? How does the mix and/or mastering differ on this release compared to the original soundtrack album?

The two versions of the song “For Always” came from the album master and everything else came from the unmastered final digital mixes done in 2001. So the mixes are the same but all the performance edits were re-created and the mastering is newly done. I cleaned up a few things and gave it some polish, and I think we’ve got a nice increase in quality without changing the basic sound.

So that explains why MR is a bigger improvement over the OST than AI was over its OST, then.  Fresh transfers of good analog tapes will usually be better than 2001/2002 era digital recordings!

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

I have no idea what scores from the modern era Mike might or could tackle next, but boy am I happy him and LLL were able to get us AI, HP1, Minority Report, HP2, and HP3 so quickly to us!  No waiting for 30-40 years like so many had to do for scores they grew up with!

Hopefully some 90's representation for BF (Hook, Amistad).  2019 has seen a 70's, 80's and 00's expansion, pretty good mix!

Reivers is on my want list, too, however by my count there are 12 scores from the 90's (not including TPM) that have either incomplete or no prior expansions compared to 6 scores from the 80's (not including SW or IJ).

10 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Quick question regarding ordering on LLL. 

Is a PayPal account mandatory now, if you want to order directly from LLL? Isn't it possible anymore to pay just with your credit card, the old fashioned way? 

Yes. I did.

22 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Is it possible this will be out of stock in black Friday? I'm torn on waiting to order it or not :/

Yes, it is possible

For what it's worth, on IMDB the character's name is spelled "Eyck."  That's also how it's spelled for the actual score cue title.  Looks like it's the OST that has the typo!

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

So I found another typo, maybe:

• OST : Dr Eddie and Miss Van Eych
  • LLL : Dr. Eddie And Miss Van Eyck

@Jay Is it intended? :D 

No typo. The track title on the definitive release is correct. It is spelled "Eyck." It was a typo on the OST.

I checked the actual end credits just to be sure.

8 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

No typo. The track title on the definitive release is correct. It is spelled "Eyck." It was a typo on the OST.

I checked the actual end credits just to be sure.

Oh perfect then!