Disco Stu

Minority Report - 2CD Expanded Edition from La-La Land Records now available

IMG_9613.jpg

My copy of LLL MR and BBR The Deep (super jewel case) with their booklets and CDs swapped. The booklets are the exact same size, and the CDs are both standard. The inlays in the super jewel case are cut in, so yeah that piece would require slight alteration.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Read the label of the CD a little closer and you'll see your answer

1 hour ago, The Five Tones said:

Sorry I compressed the photo before uploading - Big Break Records, subsidiary of pop reissue lords Cherry Red Records.

See, Jay, it's not that hard to be helpful.

John Barrys THE DEEP got reissued? I have the Intrada release. 

On 11/9/2019 at 7:07 AM, The Five Tones said:

IMG_9613.jpg

My copy of LLL MR and BBR The Deep (super jewel case) with their booklets and CDs swapped. The booklets are the exact same size, and the CDs are both standard. The inlays in the super jewel case are cut in, so yeah that piece would require slight alteration.

This looks like the OST version with a few new tracks. Intradas release is both the OST and the entire Barry score (in mono) 

2014. It was an offhand purchase, not a particular fan of the score or composer (great as his reputation is). Was going through a collecting phase with Donna Summer and was revisiting that weird theme song production, I guess, but never listen to it.

On 11/9/2019 at 4:07 AM, The Five Tones said:

I have a whole box of brand new super jewel cases, all three sizes (standard, king and whatever those DVD-Audio sized ones were called). I bought them as spares thinking they would catch on, which they seemingly never did. I only have 3 DVD-Audio discs (one of which is A.I.) and their cases are pristine. The SACD of E.T. is the only CD sized title I have that uses that case, and it is cracked. Annoyingly, someone also decided to change the cutout sizes (where the hinges attach) on the back part of the newer cases, so one has to trim parts of the back inlay cards if substituting cases. So I've never replaced my E.T. case as I will not be cutting my inlay card.  

13 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

I have a whole box of brand new super jewel cases, all three sizes (standard, king and whatever those DVD-Audio sized ones were called). I bought them as spares thinking they would catch on, which they seemingly never did. I only have 3 DVD-Audio discs (one of which is A.I.) and their cases are pristine. The SACD of E.T. is the only CD sized title I have that uses that case, and it is cracked. Annoyingly, someone also decided to change the cutout sizes (where the hinges attach) on the back part of the newer cases, so one has to trim parts of the back inlay cards if substituting cases. So I've never replaced my E.T. case as I will not be cutting my inlay card.  

I have the A.I. DVD-Audio set. Its decent for its time. The LLL expansion of course blows it away.I also have the DVD-A formats of Korngold's THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD and LOTR expanded editions.

4 hours ago, Amer said:

I have the A.I. DVD-Audio set. Its decent for its time. The LLL expansion of course blows it away.I also have the DVD-A formats of Korngold's THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD and LOTR expanded editions.

Oh yes, I completely forgot about the LOTR CCs, I have those too.