What track do you find yourself listening to on repeat the most?

Bellosh

"A New Beginning" from Minority Report 

"Harry's Wondrous World" from Harry Potter und the Philosopher's Stone 

"The Last Battle" and "Omaha Beach" from Saving Private Ryan 

"Abandoned in the Woods" from A.I. Artificial Intelligence 

I can't remember the last time I had a single track on repeat. Actually, no, that's not true. A while after TFA came out, I was having trouble getting into the Falcon sequence and remembering that I sometimes appreciate modern Williams action music more once I can anticipate where it's going. So I listened to it a couple of times to familiarize myself more with it. (It worked.) That's pretty rare for me, though. I'm usually either on shuffle or listening to (at least part of) an album.

3 minutes ago, hornist said:

The Battle of Crait

Its amazing

Funny you say that, that was also on my list.  But I really think it's because I like the build up to the rebel fanfare theme.

Not on repeat as in one sitting, but there have always been certain pieces/cues/tracks that I will get attached to over a period of time. There have been a lot over the years, it'd be a long list, but "Fawkes the Phoenix" is one that just never seems to die with me. It's a light, fun, beautiful, exciting piece, fully developed but also at 4 minutes can give me a quick JW fix, evokes fond nostalgic memories with both Harry Potter in general and that particular Thanksgiving 2002 listening to the OST on a road trip....I think I had just gotten my first portable CD player so it must have been one of my first experiences being in my own little world with music. It's also a piece where I've looked through the Hal Leonard score and know everything about it and yet somehow can still listen to it as if I was 12.

I'm gonna listen to it again!

Just now, MrScratch said:

Don’t know what you mean by “on repeat” but I usually listen to music in shuffle mode and when “The Helicopter Sequence” from Superman comes on I have to listen that one twice in a row.

Repeated several times.  If you need a number...

How about....over 8-10x in a row?

16 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Funny you say that, that was also on my list.  But I really think it's because I like the build up to the rebel fanfare theme.

For me, it's the Rey's Theme right after that.  All the tingles.

25 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Well, that really doesn't matter. Its brilliant so many ways. 

Build up to Rey's theme. 

Build up to Rose's theme. 

Magical. 

1 minute ago, Bellosh said:

Repeated several times.  If you need a number...

How about....over 8-10x in a row?

I would never ever listen to the same track over and over like that. 2 times in a row is extremely rare apart from “Helicopter” as I noted above.

When I was really really young I would listen to things like Star Wars Main Title, TIE Fighter Attack and Superman Main Theme over and over again on my Dad’s turntable.

Several, not on repeat, but over a period of time:

• In the Trailer, The Lost World
  • The Battle of Hoth (Medley), Empire Strikes Back
  • Zam the Assassin and Chase Through Coruscant, Attack of the Clones
  • Return to Tatooine, Attack of the Clones
  • The Jedi Steps and Finale, The Force Awakens
  • The Adventures of Han, Solo

From time to time:

On the Glass - The Lost World

Fire at the Camp and Corporate Helicopters - The Lost World

Reading the Map - The Lost World

Zam the Assassin and Chase through Coruscant - Attack of the Clones

I usually listen straight through a score (not all in one sitting, but with interruptions often) rather than any track on repeat, but there have been some exceptions:

-Jango Fett Fight

-Battle of Hoth

-Quidditch Match (HP1)

-Journey to the Island

-Rey's Theme

-John Goldfarb Main Titles (just kidding)

I usually listen to full albums (or at least condensed versions if I don't have the time or mood for the whole thing) and I haven't had a single track on straight repeat for years. But sometimes I'll squeeze in some favourite tracks repeatedly during a listening session, and most recently, the new ASM Princess Leia's Theme has gotten a LOT of playtime. I've come to the conclusion that it's not just probably the best version of the theme, but the climax is a standout moment in Williams' entire career.

Just the Helicopter part of Jurassic Park. Probably the most epic thing Williams has written--a notch higher than the SW Main Theme in both epicness and orchestration.

I've repeated numerous other Williams moments over and over again, but none as much as this. 

For different movies, my most-repeated moments:

Hook: 2:40-3:25 in Main Themes, so much phenomenal orchestration

Star Wars V: The Yoda's Theme part of the End Credits track

Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban: The gliding over the water part in Buckbeak's Flight, 0:50-1:20

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The first big crescendo beginning of Reunion of Friends

E.T The Extra-Terrestrial: A few great moments, too lazy to list...

On 10/19/2019 at 3:54 PM, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

The last single track I listened to on repeat was the Botanicus theme.

This reminds me of when the expanded E.T. album came out, I listened to 'The Kiss' on repeat over and over.  That transition into E.T.'s theme is just amazing.

I have carefully chosen list of favourites on my phone which I listen on shuffle on my way to/from work and there are so many tracks I can just listen over and over again.

Last week I remember Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale, Goldeneye song, The Battle of Hoth, Reminiscence Therapy, Relieve Him of His Wand - Newt Releases the Thunderbird - Jacob’s Farewell and Symphony No.9, Op.95 'From the New World' - Allegro

I'm surprised so many of you choose to listen to music in 'shuffle' mode. I mean, I've done it myself once or twice over the years, just for laughs and giggles -- but the novelty factor quickly wears off. After a few minutes, I want to go back to listening to music the proper way -- i.e. as albums from start to finish.

I too prefer the whole album and I do listen them in work, but it takes me around 25 minutes to get there from home, which is just enough for shuffle favourites.

When new OST albums are released, I often listen to certain tracks anywhere from 5 to 20 times on repeat. I remember that being the case with The Force Awakens, and The Last Jedi. Most of the character themes get me hooked, as well as the End Titles, as they play around with those themes in really pleasing ways. Once the track ends, I play it again, and again, and again, until I am satisfied.

In general, any new musical discoveries that I like, may very well end up in me listening to those bits on repeat for the remainder of the day. I watch a lot of movies at the cinematheque in Oslo pretty much daily, and I do find plenty of cool musical moments, which I want to re-experience again. The most recent such piece was Thème de Camille by Georges Delerue. Easily listened to that theme alone for like half an hour or so.

It may be an extreme way to listen to music, I don't know. But what can you do if you really love a theme :lol: It's like chocolate. Can't stop.

22 hours ago, Biodome said:

In general, any new musical discoveries that I like, may very well end up in me listening to those bits on repeat for the remainder of the day. I watch a lot of movies at the cinematheque in Oslo pretty much daily, and I do find plenty of cool musical moments, which I want to re-experience again. The most recent such piece was Thème de Camille by Georges Delerue. Easily listened to that theme alone for like half an hour or so.

That's cool. I used to go to the Cinemateque in Oslo several times a week in my early twenties, but these days it's usually only for press screenings in the mornings, or special events, festivals and screenings. I have a "Lifetime Membership", so I really should go more. I still have several film history holes to fill.

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

That's cool. I used to go to the Cinemateque in Oslo several times a week in my early twenties, but these days it's usually only for press screenings in the mornings, or special events, festivals and screenings. I have a "Lifetime Membership", so I really should go more. I still have several film history holes to fill.

Yeah, it's great for educational purposes. Thanks to them, I've seen at least one film from each year in the period 1895 to 2019, save for a few gaps. It really gives you a wide perspective on all sorts of cinema, from all over the world, and let's you fine-tune your taste in film. I really love it.

How do you even get a lifetime membership, though? 6 or 12 months is all they offer publicly.