Michael Giacchino's THE BATMAN (2022)

Jay

58 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

And those are True CDs or CDRs?

What, at the Intrada site?  It says CDR on the page

"THE BATMAN (CDR) (2 DISCS)"

• 1 month later...

Wow!  I never would have suspected that!  Pretty impressive that his cue is one of the highlight tracks that made everyone's short list when they first heard the album.

Does the physical CD version's booklet indicate Mick contributed to that track?  Mine still hasn't arrived

That's crazy! It's probably my favorite statement of the Batman theme along with the one in A Bat in the Rafters Pt. 2, and to know it was done by Mick makes me feel he is just not there because of his father, but that he also has quite some talent.

I mean, he is imitating his father's scoring style, but there is so much potential in there if he can write a cue with so much energy and excitement, like this one.

Jon Broxton called this track one of the most musically impressive of the score in his review:

The subsequent “Highway to the Anger Zone,” which underscores the phenomenal Batman-Penguin car chase sequence, is brilliant, full of dense and complicated orchestrations, pulsating rhythmic ideas, and some of the score’s most rousing flashes of the Batman motif. Some of the phrasing of the brass in this cue especially appears to be an homage to Elliot Goldenthal’s work on Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, as well as the more flamboyant parts of scores like Interview with the Vampire – it’s just remarkable.

It's also interesting to read how a score that previously took 4 days to record with the LA musicians now took 2 weeks.  I wonder how this affected The Fabelmans score

After Extinct I was very much looking forward to Mick's next score, now I'm hoping its something where he gets to write action material!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know if there is a retailer one can order a copy of the pressed CD version or am I SOL?

• 1 month later...

So I noticed that the track order changed for The Riddler and Catwoman to Catwoman and then The Riddler. I much prefer it the first way. The flow between the suites is stronger, I think. What does everyone else think?

For a while I listened to the suites entirely by themselves before diving into the score proper. They make a nice four part listening experience. I’ve noticed the physical edition is the way I don’t prefer it and that is the only reason I haven’t scoured for a copy

• 3 months later...

Giacchino's Batman score was nominated for Best Score at this year's Grammys:

Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media

The Batman – Michael Giacchino
Encanto – Germaine Franco
No Time to Die – Hans Zimmer
The Power of the Dog – Jonny Greenwood
Succession: Season 3 – Nicholas Britell

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2022/11/15/65th-grammy-awards-nominations-announced/

I was just going through my CD shelf and realized that i never actually bought this album physically.

Is there a working link for the pressed CD version out there, or am I stuck getting the CDR version at this point?

The only pressed version that I know of came via this Japanese label Rambling Records. It was available on the Japanese Amazon but disappeared very quickly. I managed to snatch a copy right when it came out.

These are my pictures of the CD set:

On 15/03/2022 at 5:40 PM, crocodile said:

My Japanese CD arrived today from Tokyo. Looks like a normal CD release to me:

20220315_172505.jpg

20220315_172515.jpg20220315_172839.jpg20220315_172533.jpg20220315_172550.jpg20220315_172600.jpg20220315_172618.jpg20220315_172628.jpg20220315_172642.jpg20220315_172651.jpg20220315_172655.jpg20220315_172704.jpg20220315_172709.jpg

Karol

Yea, I forget now why I didn't order it from Amazon JP too. I think I was waiting for something else I wanted to come out so I'd bundle them together, but then the Batman went unavailable before that happened. 

D'oh! 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Anything here that isn't on the OST album? 

https://www.wbawards.com/film/?film=thebatman

No,and there is some stuff missing in the OST, weird that the Batmobile scene is in here when he didn’t do most of that track

I got an email with the Wakanda Forever one, it’s also the OST

7BB43135-DB5A-43E0-9938-A1C55621EA56.jpegThey are running him though as expected 

So even in the FYC Mayoral Ducting is like the OST track where there first 40 seconds are from the film's opening cue and then the rest is the cue that goes after the Halloween and Vengeance cues?

Such a shame, the FYC could have been a nice opportunity to give us the full version of that cue and a clean opening to the other one

WB was always bad about actually putting up an FYC that reflected the movie, as they nearly just use the OST every single time. It's part of why The Lego Movie, Tenet, and WW84 stood out, as those seem to be the only instances where anything was different/new (plus Tenet having the benefit of them accidentally putting up the full score, and even the final FYC is a bit different from the OST).

1 hour ago, HunterTech said:

WB was always bad about actually putting up an FYC that reflected the movie, as they nearly just use the OST every single time. It's part of why The Lego Movie, Tenet, and WW84 stood out, as those seem to be the only instances where anything was different/new (plus Tenet having the benefit of them accidentally putting up the full score, and even the final FYC is a bit different from the OST).

Don't forget DUNE

1 hour ago, Gibster said:

Credit to WB though, they are the only studio to send out Blu-ray's instead of DVD’s for FYC

Do you know if there were any otherwise streaming exclusives that got FYC Blu-rays?

• 2 months later...

I linked to the only page with any information available

The page does not mention a price.  It only mentions that the 3xLP edition will be $50

If it helps, their 2-CD edition of Bear McCreary's LOTR:TROP score is $25