Fabulin

I predict we’ll see the millennium falcon jumping in or out of hyperspace,  some new type of place / vehicle that looks like it plays a huge part but does nothing in the film. All the characters, new and old, a lightsaber duel and a scene that’s constructed from other scenes that does not take place in the film at at. And some lame RC style bastardized version of Williams music.

6 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

You know, it doesn’t actually matter if any particular theories or leaks are correct or not.

Indeed. But in a way, I’m looking forward to the disenchantment thread blowing up more than I do the actual movie.

Anyone else not give a damn about this movie coming out but will probably see it anyway, almost out of some sort of stupid old legacy obligation?

I find Star Wars lore and media boring now.

4 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Anyone else not give a damn about this movie coming out but will probably see it anyway, almost out of some sort of stupid old legacy obligation?

Try the MCU!

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

Me! John Williams has been my tether to this series. If he's not involved, I don't watch them (such as Rogue One, especially with the movie boner killer himself behind the notes).

32 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Me! John Williams has been my tether to this series. If he's not involved, I don't watch them (such as Rogue One, especially with the movie boner killer himself behind the notes).

Tony Gilroy?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

At a bar today I saw a commercial on a TV that indicated a new trailer is debuting Monday during Monday Night Football

Yep, that's the one this thread was created for. On Monday Night Football on Monday night of course, or Tuesday morning for our overseas friends.

10 hours ago, Quintus said:

Nah I’m more into this than I was Hobbit 3 anyway. Mainly counting on another good Adam Driver performance and the idea that Abrams will probably have fun putting his own three good guys together with Chewie and 3PO.

I’m pretty curious just to see how the film tries to tie the room together but really have no investment in any of that. John Williams’s score will be enough to satisfy the “legacy” of it all for me.

Also Zombie Carrie Fisher.

1 hour ago, Trent B said:

Why do people call a cue from a score a song? There's a vast difference between a song and a cue...

Because a majority of people don't know film score terminology. They also call everything a "theme" regardless of if it's actually a motif or an actual theme. 

4 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

So...there's a fucking trailer, for the fucking trailer?!

Makes sense if you think about it. Whereas before, the actual movie was the pinnacle event, in this social media-driven climate of reactions and discussions, every drop of "content" and information that will generate those is now a centerpiece in themselves.

Don'chu love movies? 

2 hours ago, Trent B said:

Why do people call a cue from a score a song? There's a vast difference between a song and a cue...

It's a song, you green-blooded...Vulcan!

I remember for The Wolverine movie (I am not making this up) - they had a 6 second trailer teaser, then 12 second trailer teaser, then a 30 second mini trailer and then the final 2 minute trailer. I think they unveiled it over 4 days or something.

3 hours ago, Modest Expectations said:

I love that space iceberg.

Someone suggested on reddit that Rian Johnson's visual style from TLJ challenged Abrams to make the new film much more of a visual feast than TFA was.

Just means a shitload of lens flares,

35 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I remember the good old days when he was webisodes with Ahmed Best, George Lucas Select photos and the Hyperspace webcam.

Welcome to Episode II On Location... here's Ahmed!

Just now, Jay said:

I didn't like it. I've generally enjoyed most of the trailers for the new films just fine, but this one kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Not sure what it was exactly but it just all seemed off and fake to me

The music didn't help at all

Yikes I kinda hated this trailer tbh. A lot of that is because of the bad music but also, like Jay, in general it just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. (maybe part of it was the really dark cinematography? Not quite Yates-bad but still bad.)

I'm watching it more though - maybe I'll start to like it more. I generally love SW trailers so this was a serious deflation of my hype. :( 

Just now, Disco Stu said:

I mostly really liked the trailer from a visual standpoint actually.

Only the shot with thousands of Resistance ships seemed off.  Some really gorgeous stuff in there otherwise.

I did like the forest shots a lot.