Fabulin

Anyone else really bothered by the intercut of these two starkly differently lit shots? We go from another one of those bleh looking shots (same as the ones before it) with fake looking sunlight splotches to a pretty good-looking wide with darker richer more greeny greens.

Képernyőfelvétel (58).png

Képernyőfelvétel_(59).png

2 hours ago, Arpy said:

The shot of Rey and Kylo both destroying Vader's helmet is pretty damning to me that they'll work together to destroy Palpatine.

That's what I thought, too.

But I think, after having established this great rivalry between the two characters, and the villainy of Kylo Ren, it'd be a huge cop-out to have them settle their differences in any way.

4 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

But I think, after having established this great rivalry and the villainy of Kylo Ren, it'd be a huge cop-out to have them settle their differences in any way.

Why exactly?

It actually makes sense. In the Prequel trilogy it was the Dark Side that prevailed. In the Original trilogy the Light Side won.

Does it not stand to reason that for the third one both sides would stand together? And bring balance to the Force?

This Comic Book Guy quote is from an early Noughties Simpsons ep that mocked the prequels and the fan response to same, still works 17 years on -

'Worst Cosmic Wars EVER! I will only see it another 6 times in theaters!'  

I'm pretty sure the jungle planet is new @Luke Skywalker. Looks a lot more tropical than Endor. I think when people refer to Endor they mean the water planet holding the remains of Death Star II, which still baffles me that it's that much intact- the explosion always made it seem like there's nothing left, just a bunch of stardust. 

4 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

I'm pretty sure the jungle planet is new @Luke Skywalker. Looks a lot more tropical than Endor.

It’s probably supposed to be Endor, but JJ Abrams wasn’t going to settle for some unimpressive shots of the California woodlands a-la Return of the Jedi, so he went bigger and more exotic. Can’t blame him.

5 hours ago, Stefancos said:

It actually makes sense. In the Prequel trilogy it was the Dark Side that prevailed. In the Original trilogy the Light Side won.

Does it not stand to reason that for the third one both sides would stand together? And bring balance to the Force?

It may sit well within the Star Wars mythos, but it’s not good storytelling.

The more is revealed, the more worried I am about the quality of this film.

I just rewatched TLJ. Every time I watch this movie it just gets better. I understand the intent and I like the execution. I like Star Wars, and Johnson is an artist who directed a real Star Wars film.

Compare a soulless, cynical, lying, manipulative, money-making-focused machine like Abrams, who manufactured a Star Wars knock-off, and now manufactures another one to lure as many asses as possible into theaters. It just drains my energy.

I believe in the actors and in Williams---and hope they can survive the script and direction and still make it feel somewhat like Star Wars.

1 hour ago, Chen G. said:

It’s probably supposed to be Endor, but JJ Abrams wasn’t going to settle for some unimpressive shots of the California woodlands a-la Return of the Jedi, so he went bigger and more exotic. Can’t blame him.

Some shots, like the one with Leia hugging Rey, appear to be more tropical, jungle-like, while others have shades of a temperate forest a little more becoming of Endor. Plus, a name for said planet has already been leaked as "Ajan Kloss".

5 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

I think when people refer to Endor they mean the water planet holding the remains of Death Star II, which still baffles me that it's that much intact- the explosion always made it seem like there's nothing left, just a bunch of stardust. 

According to a new article on Star Wars Dot Com, that is an ocean moon called Kef Bir. 

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-tours-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-update

7 hours ago, Holko said:

Anyone else really bothered by the intercut of these two starkly differently lit shots? We go from another one of those bleh looking shots (same as the ones before it) with fake looking sunlight splotches to a pretty good-looking wide with darker richer more greeny greens.

Képernyőfelvétel (58).png

Képernyőfelvétel_(59).png

Also the gap between cliffs is wider in shot two.  At least it looks that way.

6 hours ago, Chen G. said:

But I think, after having established this great rivalry between the two characters, and the villainy of Kylo Ren, it'd be a huge cop-out to have them settle their differences in any way.

With a make-out session?

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

According to a new article on Star Wars Dot Com, that is an ocean moon called Kef Bir. 

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-tours-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-update

Seriously, the death Star ii wreckage is not in endor? Come on, ok tattooine was used to much...but inventing a new planet just for the sake of it....

I think he jungle planet is where the resistance base is, but I think I saw shots with a more sequioya like trees

2 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Seriously, the death Star ii wreckage is not in endor? Come on, ok tattooine was used to much...but inventing a new planet just for the sake of it....

I think he jungle planet is where the resistance base is, but I think I saw shots with a more sequioya like trees

Endor is the gas giant or whatever, right?  I think Kef Bir is meant to just be a different moon of Endor.

1 hour ago, Ii2 said:

Also the gap between cliffs is wider in shot two.  At least it looks that way.

This scene will not edited this way in the final film. Good grief. There is next to no reason to judge a film's color grading, visual effects, and especially editing from a trailer. Trailers compress time and manipulate lines and scenes to get to the point as fast as possible. 

1 hour ago, TSMefford said:

This scene will not edited this way in the final film. Good grief. There is next to no reason to judge a film's color grading, visual effects, and especially editing from a trailer. Trailers compress time and manipulate lines and scenes to get to the point as fast as possible. 

And what is the point? 

19 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

And what is the point? 

EDIT: Wait. Sorry. Are you asking, what is the point of what I'm saying...or what is the point of trailers compressing scenes for time to get through as fast as possible?

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

It's another moon of Endor, not another planet.

6 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Going by your avatar pic, I'd be worried about what lectures you actually are watching.

George Lucas is 100% right in that video imo

Nice try at being clever.