What changes would it take for you to not consider TLJ the worst of SW scores?

Fabulin

What changes would it take for you to consider TLJ score great?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. I could have done more... but what exactly?---John Williams, 87

• The First Order March
    • An catchy theme for Snoke.
    • A long, melodious theme for Kylo Ren
    • Reylo / Connection Theme
    • A new theme for Ankh-To. Jedi Steps is obviously not enough to represent it!
    • Rework Rebellion is Reborn, The Spark, and Canto Bight. They are all second-tier!
    • Better action music. What we got in TLJ is no good.
    • Reinvent your general sound palette (yes, again!)
    • Nothing. The Last Jedi score is already great.

9 hours ago, Chen G. said:

Williams doesn’t tend to “save” thematic ideas or variations for later films.

I don't know how either of us could definitively say he does or doesn't, unless Williams has explicitly said he doesn't. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Williams has had ideas that don't make it into a film for one reason or another, like any composer...

22 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I don't know how either of us could definitively say he does or doesn't, unless Williams has explicitly said he doesn't. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Williams has had ideas that don't make it into a film for one reason or another, like any composer...

In this case, I don't think (speculation) Williams intended to score VIII and IX. 

I don't think there was any indication, apart from his health, that he wouldn't, and even if he didn't return he still wanted to write for the character of Rey.

Kennedy implied discussing all three with him in her original announcement...it always seemed like he was pretty open to doing them all but he’s probably taken them one at a time, creatively. I don’t think he’s planting seeds or anything.

Nor do I think he's approaching it that way, however I'm not going to dismiss that he could be thinking ahead, whilst scoring it film-by-film.