Will it happen - John Williams conducting the LSO in 2020?

Jurassic Shark

John Williams conducting the LSO in 2020 - will it happen?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will John Williams be conducting the LSO in 2020?

• Yes
    • No

Just for everyone's info, my friends who play and work with the LSO, say unfortunately nothing has been booked in the diary as yet for Williams to visit London again.

At least to perform with the LSO.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

How awkward considering he's probably stopping over at Heathrow :p

JW had damn well better be flying to Europe by private jet, for the sake of his health. Besides, I cannot imagine him in going thru security like the rest of us plebes. He might not even have TSA Pre. 

I don't know.. It is a lot of pressure, and these are certainly the last days of John Williams music, but since they are, maybe he will want to do something big.  Conducting the London Symphony is definately something big as it is the second most highly regarded orchestra in the world.

Will John Williams be conducting the LSO in 2020?

No. Or at least I think it's very unlikely. And if it does happen, I'll just be more excited if I didn't expect anything.

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

How awkward considering he's probably stopping over at Heathrow :p

Depends on the airline. I flew Swiss and had a stop in Zürich. And if he flies Austrian he'll get a direct connection.

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

He should do a pop-up concert at the airport!

At the airport in Boston, the baggage claim area has a big display advertising the BSO, which blares a few recordings including the Star Wars theme. So you can head there if you want a simulated JW concert in the airport, at least  :P

5 hours ago, PHOENIX said:

Just for everyone's info, my friends who play and work with the LSO, say unfortunately nothing has been booked in the diary as yet for Williams to visit London again.

At least to perform with the LSO.

Have there been attempts to arrange something, though? Maybe they haven't tried?

• 4 weeks later...