The Rise of Skywalker SPOILERS ALLOWED discussion thread

Jay

Who knows what was even going on there.

I don't even really have much of an opinion on it either way myself. I think TFA and TLJ are actually kind of fabulous in a lot of ways while Rise is just astonishingly confusing but that it was inherently doomed anyway the moment they lost Leia as a major character.

7 hours ago, Chen G. said:

I suppose its fun on the rudimentary level of "well, there's explosions and chases and shootouts and loud noises and stuff."

That's not nothing.

To me it doesn't get there. Abrams is clearly insterested in doing that kind of movie, with clues and maps  and treasures and chases, but has never made it correctly

3 hours ago, Brónach said:

Abrams is clearly insterested in doing that kind of movie, with clues and maps  and treasures and chases, but has never made it correctly

Oh I agree, the adventure aspect of the film is pretty empty, mostly because there's really nothing it can show us that we hadn't seen before; and the pace, the story and its implications are utterly horrendous.

But the action is nice and the visuals pleasing. Its not much, but its not nothing either.

• 2 years later...

Anthony Daniels auctioned off a number of Star Wars-related items in November 2023, including these Rise of Skywalker script pages:

https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/359/lot/119338

Notably, there's some of the cut Chewie and Kylo scene in here, which we know JW scored (4M3 Chewie's Interrogation).

image.png