"Space Battalions" by James Brett used in Star Wars promotional videos

aj_vader

hmm, we'l know soon enough..unless it's unreleased

13 minutes ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

Despite all the amazing things we do around this release, and all the great conversations, I have to confess, that having been the first to have called it on the whole goddamn internet has got to be the highlight of my John Williams fan experience. I will never forget this. Two months of pure excitement, and seeing more and more people join it.

I called it too

16 minutes ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

If I had @Cerebral Cortex's talent or patience for the visual arts, I would have made a video detailing 2 months of people disbelieving that it's Williams; disbelieving even now, when it's being pushed down their ears with an artillery rammer.

Despite all the amazing things we do around this release, and all the great conversations, I have to confess, that having been the first to have called it on the whole goddamn internet has got to be the highlight of my John Williams fan experience. I will never forget this. Two months of pure excitement, and seeing more and more people join it.

Lol, but it's not even confirmed yet...

If I heard it in a SW video game or something I would think it's a very good approximation but I'm almost sure it's not from the score. But we shall see shortly! 

• 1 month later...

What's funny is that this track is part of an album playlist, in which I have had two or three of the other tracks on my computer for a couple years already. So had I looked at that full playlist a few months ago, we could have avoided this entire debacle in the first place. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

What are you talking about? What Anthony Daniels videos?

The Rise of Skywalker videos with the music we were debating about for like 2 months straight. Everyone was trying to figure out where it came from.

It's publicly streamable - you just have to buy it to get a HQ version:

https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/space-battalions_149801

Annoyingly they used to have a 'personal listening' licence for £1 per track a few years ago, but got rid of it.

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

It's publicly accessible - you just have to buy it to get a HQ version:

https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/space-battalions_149801

Yep, I forgot to say that. I was looking through member-only tracks when and found this one as a suggestion, so I assumed it was also a part of that section. But nope, anyone can listen to it. Or buy it in lossless quality, but that's $10 for a single piece of music.

20 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Are you sure? I just looked at the 'Album Listing' page with two browsers (I'm logged in using another browser at work due to proxies) and the pages look exactly the same.

Really? That's weird. There was even a banner at the top of the screen for me that said something like "log in to enjoy more music!"

EDIT: I wasn't looking on the album listings page, just the search section. So perhaps that's why I wasn't seeing everything. Nevermind then. As for the banner I was talking about, I have no idea what was going on there. It's not there when I log out anymore for some reason.

4 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Alright. I found it on an "exclusive" section on Audio Network (you have to be a member to access this music). The track is just over 3 minutes long and is called "Space Battalions" composed by James Brett, a composer I've been somewhat familiar with for a couple years. I had actually suspected he or another composer on Audio Network had composed it, but I didn't come across it until just now. PM me if you want to hear the full track for yourself!

Wow, great find - thanks Manakin!

damn the track is $10? Is it available somewhere else for less? :|

I enjoyed it. I think we would've eaten it up, if it showed up in ep9. Great march theme.

The streaming version is 192kb. You're unlikely to find their music anywhere else unfortunately.

In fact it looks like their entire catalog has been upgraded from VBR ~128k to 192k. I just checked a bunch of my cache of tracks.

7 hours ago, p0llux said:

damn the track is $10? Is it available somewhere else for less? :|

I enjoyed it. I think we would've eaten it up, if it showed up in ep9. Great march theme.

It's production music, so you're not spending $10 to buy the track like you would on iTunes or something similar. You are paying $10 for the copyright license to be able to use it in your own projects.