SteveMc

The Politics Thread

5 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I'm not sure if he's "political" per se, but...I've always liked the work of Homer. Richmond Latimore's translations of THE ILIAD, and THE ODYSSEY are brilliant. Catullus is also fantastic.

You just like Catullus’ dirty poems. 

4 hours ago, Þekþiþm said:

Technically that's correct, since "doctoring" an image suggests the aim to deceive, whereas this image was just shitposting to bait square journalists.

Journalists know it's a Rocky poster, but they probably think that Trump should have used this poster instead:

MV5BMGI4YTIxMDQtNDlmNC00ZDJhLWIyZGItM2Qy

BTW, by comparing Trump to Rocky, you ARE deceiving the people.

In a couple of weeks I'll be voting conservative for the first time in my life, same as many other core Labour supporters will be doing. It'll be a one off. Just this once. Then Corbin should be gone by the end of the month.

On 11/27/2019 at 2:03 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

I'm not sure if he's "political" per se, but...I've always liked the work of James Horner.

That's more how I like it. Horner brought emotion and joy to the world, politicians... well, they certainly brought emotions of rage, anger and disappointment, and joy to their wallets.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:38 AM, Alexcremers said:

Journalists know it's a Rocky poster, but they probably think that Trump should have used this poster instead:

MV5BMGI4YTIxMDQtNDlmNC00ZDJhLWIyZGItM2Qy

BTW, by comparing Trump to Rocky, you ARE deceiving the people.

Don't use this poster unless you intend to watch 45 prove his Fifth Avenue joke.