Hans Zimmer announces European tour. Tickets go on sale November 6th!

Biodome

Following a world tour which drew over one million fans to arenas, stadiums and open air sites, Oscar, Grammy and Golden Globe Award-winning composer Hans Zimmer returns to the stage for a major new arena tour through Europe from February to April 2021. It will be a new show with Zimmer joined by a band, orchestra and choir to perform hit compositions from fan favorite films as well as newer material and pieces not often performed live.

http://www.hanszimmerlive.com/

It's difficult to choose a city. Is anyone familiar with any of those arenas? Which one would feel more spectacular? Are there any that would have better acoustics than the others?

I went to the Australian show and wasn't sure if it was just the extremely crappy venue or not, but did not enjoy it at all. Was disappointed that it was mostly rockier versions of his scores, when most of them surprisingly don't lend themselves to that style (particularly Interstellar yuck)

I would like to go to this but no way am I buying a ticket for something in November 2019 for a show in March 2021. That’s absolutely redonculous 

29 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I would like to go to this but no way am I buying a ticket for something in November 2019 for a show in March 2021. That’s absolutely redonculous 

Give me your money.

48 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Yeah, it's a bit weird timing. But I am pretty sure that I'll be able to attend, so I am thinking of picking up a ticket. So far, 3Arena in Dublin seems really attractive. It's small, and has a great shape for acoustics and visibility.

2 hours ago, Biodome said:

Yeah, it's a bit weird timing. But I am pretty sure that I'll be able to attend, so I am thinking of picking up a ticket. So far, 3Arena in Dublin seems really attractive. It's small, and has a great shape for acoustics and visibility.

I think I’ll hold off until after Xmas if tickets are still available but I’ve seen quite a few live to projection shows in here 3Arena and I’ve never had any issues with the sound. 

I heartily recommend this if you didn't get to see it the last time. Hopefully, the venue in your country is better than the one we in Norway used in 2017.

Meanwhile, the "other" Zimmer tour concept (without the man himself) is coming to Oslo in 10 days. Hoping to see that.

The general sale of the tickets for the 3Arena in Dublin should begin in a few hours, but somehow I managed to get one before that. I think the Ticketmaster system is broken.

I wonder how the setlist will differ from HZ's earlier tour. I was also at Telenor Arena in Oslo during his last one, and it was stuffed full of his most famous scores. If the upcoming tour will also be a "Best of Hans Zimmer" type of concert, then I don't think that 

there's a lot that should be changed.

From what I know, this has a more symphonic slant; it's not the straight-out rock concert of the previous tour. That would also allow for a slightly different setlist.

I still dream of a Zimmer concert concept with a primarily electronic angle. And something like "The Waters of Irrawaddy" from BEYOND RANGOON played live. God, I'd die and go to heaven.

On 11/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, Biodome said:

So this is why there is no concerts until 2021..he must be jailed up until then! Crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

Additional dates have been added:

• Amsterdam - 28th February - Ziggo Dome
  • London - 5th March - The O2
  • Manchester - 7th March - Manchester Arena
  • Copenhagen - 23rd March - Royal Arena
  • Oslo - 31st March - Telenor Arena
  • Stockholm - 1st April - Globen

Tickets for these go on sale in two days

Yeah, I'll probably pick up a couple of seats for the Oslo concert, too, because why not, but I am definitely in no rush to do it before 2021. For all I know, I could die of old age by then.

Geez, that would be the THIRD Zimmer concert in Oslo in just three years. One every year! I missed out on the "World of Hans Zimmer" concert a couple of weeks ago, but I would be interested in this new one -- if it's slightly different than the 2017 one. Not sure I need a straight repeat, especially not in the godawful Telenor Arena.

• 10 months later...

The whole tour has been postponed by a year due to COVID-19. All purchased tickets should remain valid and automatically transferred to the new dates in 2022, so do check your e-mail or wherever you got your ticket for the new information.

I've been really looking forward to this tour, and I hoped that cultural life would have normalized by the next year, but it seems that the problems with 2020 will spill over into 2021.

On 11/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, Biodome said:

"We tried to call an ambulance for him, but he kept saying he didn’t need to go to the hospital because he wasn’t, and I quote, ‘a pussy like that hack Danny Elfman,’” he added.

Major inferiority complex confirmed. 

At least that explains why the man is so ostensibly embarrassing these days.